News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Nintendo came through <3

Started by The Riddler, January 11, 2012, 04:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

So like I've said I got a new Wii for Christmas.
I was completely unaware that they remodeled the system to removed all traces of Gamecube.
When, two weeks after getting my console, I went to play Smash Bros. Brawl with my GCN Controller and discovered it was gone, I was furious. I can't play Smash Bros. or Mario Kart the way I'd like? I can't play my GCN games? What the intercourse , Nintendo?

Immediately filed two complaints to Nintendo through support, letting them know how upset I was with the lack of advertisement for the changed model.

This morning I get two emails from Nintendo (one response per complaint) both saying about the same thing, with a slightly different apology in each, followed by "this is something we should discuss, please call ##", so I did.

After a 30 minute phone call they came through and are sending me a replacement with the Gamecube ports, completely free. :)

I didn't think they would. Their customer service restored some of my faith in them :)

Thread topic: Video Gaming Customer Support Stories

Zero

Once upon a time, I tried to get my credit card removed from my Xbox Live account. I realized there were no options to do so through the Xbox Live dashboard, so I called customer service. I was put on hold for about 2 hours, so I decided to leave my phone on speaker. Eventually, a nice Indian gentleman finally yelled something unintelligible and startled me. Since I couldn't understand anything he was saying, I asked to speak to someone else. A colleague of his that I'm assuming was a lower position than him because she sounded female hopped on to assist me, but sadly she could not speak english well either despite how enthusiastic she sounded, so I asked for their supervisor. Finally I thought, I may be getting somewhere!

Alas, the supervisor came on and was by far the worst of them all. He warped traditional English into some abomination that would make your normal friendly neighborhood Indian 7-Eleven clerk blush.

About thirteen e-mails later I got my credit card removed.

And that's how I helped change Xbox Live customer service.

The Riddler

Quote from: Michio Kaku on January 11, 2012, 05:36:57 PM
Once upon a time, I tried to get my credit card removed from my Xbox Live account. I realized there were no options to do so through the Xbox Live dashboard, so I called customer service. I was put on hold for about 2 hours, so I decided to leave my phone on speaker. Eventually, a nice Indian gentleman finally yelled something unintelligible and startled me. Since I couldn't understand anything he was saying, I asked to speak to someone else. A colleague of his that I'm assuming was a lower position than him because she sounded female hopped on to assist me, but sadly she could not speak english well either despite how enthusiastic she sounded, so I asked for their supervisor. Finally I thought, I may be getting somewhere!

Alas, the supervisor came on and was by far the worst of them all. He warped traditional English into some abomination that would make your normal friendly neighborhood Indian 7-Eleven clerk blush.

About thirteen e-mails later I got my credit card removed.

And that's how I helped change Xbox Live customer service.
Xbox customer service is terrible.

Xbox live has an automated opt-in for yearly renewal of subscriptions, and I opted out of that before the year was up. The bank account that I used to originally sign up had been shut down (the bank sucked so I left it), and for some reason they automatically renewed my subscription. Since the account was gone, there was no way of paying it other than to add a new card, and in fear of the same thing happening, I refused to add a new credit/debit card. So I went out, bought a 12 month card and tried to use it. CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STARFOX. Apparently because of what happened, I was REQUIRED to use a card.

Bullpoop, I opted out and you guys opted me back in? No thanks.

Call customer service. Complain loudly. Every single person I spoke to and my dad spoke to had worse broken English just like you said.

First person was unhelpful and referred me to a manager. This person was unhelpful.
My dad was getting annoyed that they weren't helping me, he took the phone. He was less than patient with them.
He demanded a higher manager. He got it.
That person was unhelpful. He demanded a higher manager. He got it.

After 2 hours of phone calls and arguing, they finally agreed to use the card that I bought to renew my subscription, remove the automatic opt-in, and gave me two months free to compensate for the inconvenience.

Zero

Yeah its pretty terrible.

Sounds like you and your dad put the smack-down on them. I didn't yell or anything. Maybe I should have.

DededeCloneChris

My story starts with me sending my 3DS to repair the creacking noise it does when closing/opening fully. And if possible, I tossed in the facts that the top screen gets scratched by the touch screen's borders and that the buttons are cracking. I'll see what they do about those three things.

~ To be continued... ~

RX-78-2

Microsoft has been so great to me with the Xbox 360 that I sent mine in four (five?) times to get it repaired--and by repaired I mean replaced for free. So I'm on my fifth or sixth Xbox now. Not counting my one at college that's only a few months old.

To be fair, I think I had a warranty on most--if not all--of them, but still.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

DededeCloneChris

What've you been doing with all those Xbox?

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on January 11, 2012, 04:26:53 PM
So like I've said I got a new Wii for Christmas.
I was completely unaware that they remodeled the system to removed all traces of Gamecube.
When, two weeks after getting my console, I went to play Smash Bros. Brawl with my GCN Controller and discovered it was gone, I was furious. I can't play Smash Bros. or Mario Kart the way I'd like? I can't play my GCN games? What the intercourse , Nintendo?

Immediately filed two complaints to Nintendo through support, letting them know how upset I was with the lack of advertisement for the changed model.

This morning I get two emails from Nintendo (one response per complaint) both saying about the same thing, with a slightly different apology in each, followed by "this is something we should discuss, please call ##", so I did.

After a 30 minute phone call they came through and are sending me a replacement with the Gamecube ports, completely free. :)

I didn't think they would. Their customer service restored some of my faith in them :)

Thread topic: Video Gaming Customer Support Stories
I... didn't even know they did that until I read this. Why the hell would they? I guess it explains why the price is now below $100 compared to the $250 I paid for mine back in the day.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

New Wii is here already <3
and it's brand intercourse ing new.

DededeCloneChris

My 3DS is back!

Or rather, they exchanged my 3DS for a new one. It looked like my 3DS was deffective, so they replaced it with another one. I was worried that all my data was erased, but my Ambassador games still work on it. Unfortunately, my FC and Mii data couldn't be retrieved. I'll have to re-add people again, but seeing that SkyMYL isn't here anymore...

Kayo

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 18, 2012, 06:42:52 PM
My 3DS is back!

Or rather, they exchanged my 3DS for a new one. It looked like my 3DS was deffective, so they replaced it with another one. I was worried that all my data was erased, but my Ambassador games still work on it. Unfortunately, my FC and Mii data couldn't be retrieved. I'll have to re-add people again, but seeing that SkyMYL isn't here anymore...

He was here a few days ago, but what exactly do you need him for?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

My Xbox Live subscription was cancelled rather painlessly, though I still disliked that it must be done over the phone instead of via the dashboard.

The console itself was horridly obnoxious because I bought it refurbished; it red ringed less than a year after purchase, but the warranty was expired before I purchased the thing, so Microsoft would not replace the faulty system they had designed for me. I got rid of that crap, got a PS3, and didn't look back; hopefully Xbox 720 isn't suicidal so that I can get back into Halo and Banjo-Kazooie.

Wii stopped playing discs last year (likely caused by younger relatives), but I've had it since launch so the warranty was expired. Had a nice run, I guess, and so I just replaced it at GameStop with an awesome deal that basically got me a new system for slightly more than having Nintendo fix it.

Those were the only times I ever even used customer service for a video game system, so I guess I don't have as interesting stories as getting free Gamecube controller ports.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Pennington on January 18, 2012, 06:52:55 PM
He was here a few days ago, but what exactly do you need him for?
Well, it just so happens that I had him and people who then left the site in my FC list. Custom and Mutilator are two of them as well.

Silverhawk79

I remember when I had to send my DS Phat in, because of a defective battery. If you touched it while the system was on, or put slight pressure on it, it would shut off. Interesting thing, though...my defective DS had kind of a matte texture, and the replacement had a glossy texture. wut dis mean

Kayo

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 18, 2012, 10:01:42 PM
I remember when I had to send my DS Phat in, because of a defective battery. If you touched it while the system was on, or put slight pressure on it, it would shut off. Interesting thing, though...my defective DS had kind of a matte texture, and the replacement had a glossy texture. wut dis mean
When I got a replacement DSi, it was a slightly grayer black than the first one, and the texture felt a bit rougher (I actually liked the feel of the new one better). Given the 2 year difference, I'm pretty sure they tweaked the design a bit.

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 18, 2012, 07:30:32 PM
Well, it just so happens that I had him and people who then left the site in my FC list. Custom and Mutilator are two of them as well.
I'll try to remember to tell MYL the news on your new FC when I next speak to him, since I do so often anyways.
[move][/move]