News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

ANOTHER GENERIC POKEMON IDEA THREAD; WTF IS DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS.

Started by Thirdkoopa, March 02, 2010, 02:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

You want me to answer? The fact I'm actually posting a topic in this darned board the fact that this topic is about a certain spin-off game, or in a sense, multiple. Instead of discussing new Pokemon or new types or any of that poop, let's first take a look at a game I turned on today for my gamecube wii. Why? Because here we can stretch a bit more on the originality without straying too far away from the franchise and all that poop.

So now we travel with our miiiiiiiiiinds

Now then this game was by no means super awesome or anything but this game had some essential stuff from another thread along with some neat ideas. Not all of them worked, but hey, It's better than "Let's resell pokemon stadium with prettier graphics and more pokemon" (Ignore my lack of knowledge on that If I'm wrong there)

So here instead of discussing what I just said there, we end up making ideas for a game of more "Mixed" Spin-offs there for a console game. Or in short "How to make collosseum really good with added stuff from mystery dungeon/etc magikarp"

I don't have much time to actually give more insight to this topic but I'll just throw out a few ideas while I can
-In-depth plot (Already said this before in another suggestion thread)
-8 directional movement (think Colosseum had this but it's nice to say so anyways)
-The ability to keep your pokemon at starter levels but when evolving them, they have to take time away thus leading to a few (Or just one) dungeon without them.
-Having the main character be able to add in hits with a weapon of choice in at least some battles.
-Triple battles for some battles? (I know, I've gone insane)
-A more bearable main protaginist/more character.

...And I can't think up anything else for now but will easily find more as I play through this again. Besides, it's no fun If I take 90% of the ideas, right?

edit: and before anyone says "XD gale of darkness" that poop was hardly updated and all that so no mentioning that except if it links to ideas. : )
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

I disagree with 2 of your statements due to retardedness: Person can hurt Pokémon and Triple battle.
I also don't understand what you mean when you say "The ability to keep your pokemon at starter levels but when evolving them, they have to take time away thus leading to a few (Or just one) dungeon without them."
Explain plox.

I have ideas, but I will mention them later, too lazy right now.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Turok

Triple battle is a bit much. I don't really like the hurting pokemon thing. And can you explain the starter levels part? Your initial description is a vague.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on March 02, 2010, 02:42:22 PM
Person can hurt Pokémon
I should be more specific on this but;

You know how you can use things like bag and stuff? Instead the Trainer would have his own turn made on that, and for boss battles/battles against people (Not pokemon battles against people, things like thieves and poop) he could attack as well.

of course this would have to be balanced out by allowing them to attack as well. Just something small; play around with that as you wish while I think over it.

Quoteand Triple battle.
Now thinking on it, triple pokemon is a pretty horrible idea for an envision I have of balance. Speaking of which I was thinking to have this different some over the main pokemon games this one can try to contain more balance.

QuoteI also don't understand what you mean when you say "The ability to keep your pokemon at starter levels but when evolving them, they have to take time away thus leading to a few (Or just one) dungeon without them."

To encourage less of a "Hi same party at all times" Instead of the pokemon just randomly evolving, he'll have to in a sense be breeded for a while while you're off fighting more dungeons. Of course this is optional but I really thought this idea over more from a "Hey you know full *insert low level pokemon* party runs being high leveled would be cool to watch and challenging" rather than a "holy poop this idea is amazing, innovative, and awesome" standpoint.

Quotei have ideas
good : )
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

Quote from: Third K on March 02, 2010, 02:51:47 PM
You know how you can use things like bag and stuff? Instead the Trainer would have his own turn made on that, and for boss battles/battles against people (Not pokemon battles against people, things like thieves and poop) he could attack as well.
Now I don't understand.

Quote from: Third K on March 02, 2010, 02:51:47 PM
To encourage less of a "Hi same party at all times" Instead of the pokemon just randomly evolving, he'll have to in a sense be breeded for a while while you're off fighting more dungeons. Of course this is optional but I really thought this idea over more from a "Hey you know full *insert low level pokemon* party runs being high leveled would be cool to watch and challenging" rather than a "holy poop this idea is amazing, innovative, and awesome" standpoint.
I still don't get it....
[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

woo i have officially confused people : ) no but I'll try to break it down easier.

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on March 02, 2010, 03:29:04 PM
Now I don't understand.

tl;dr: trainer gets a turn of his own to do things like heal his pokemon or try catching them (Will waste an entire turn prolly as usual), he can only attack other humans and only in certain battles (aka where they can attack him,)

It's not a huge mechanic but it's something interesting

I still don't get it....
I'll actually give you all a much more detailed description later to make it an actually more meaningful idea because now I feel like I would do a half-assed one. For now, ignore that idea.

bluaki

Quote from: Third K on March 02, 2010, 03:33:39 PM
he can only attack other humans and only in certain battles (aka where they can attack him,)
Red uses punch! The attack missed!
Rocket Grunt uses gun! It's super effective! Red fainted died!
Quote-8 directional movement (think Colosseum had this but it's nice to say so anyways)
-The ability to keep your pokemon at starter levels but when evolving them, they have to take time away thus leading to a few (Or just one) dungeon without them.
the gcn games have 8-directional movement. It's great to have.

To rephrase that second part for those confused: "I want it to be so that, when my pokemon evolves in this game, it becomes unusable for a period of time (like a single dungeon) while it has to complete evolution and get used to its different form. This will not apply to early dungeons where I do not have very many pokemon"

I personally dislike the idea of keeping certain pokemon unusable for a time. A game with no HM slaves and more double battle focus should be enough to give the player reason and opportunity to more evenly train. Having to swap-train (or rely on exp share) and having many slots taken up with guaranteed-awful pokemon really are major causes to uneven teams in the handheld games. More places to just be able to stop at any point in the story and train against repeating trainers at are also really good to have, which Colosseum did right by scattering the colosseums across the story. Another thing colosseum did right for this is make available some decently-powerful pokemon early on besides starters. Frankly, Rattata and Caterpie after training are still super weak compared to the starters, for example. Only that colosseum and its sequel both lacked any decent system of wilds.

Zero

I stopped reading when you mentioned trainers actually taking part in the battles. Not to offend but that idea is a poop-sandwich. I'm intrigued with the notion of triple battles, but I'm not exactly sure why anyone would want that considering it'd be a little overdoing it. Over-complicating things is not my idea of fun. Even if it's implemented someday though, it's not like we'll be forced to do it or anything.

Thirdkoopa

hi guys you know ideas from you all would be...
*Looks at Blu's post on a better wild system even if it's not a direct suggestion*

Anyways now that it's not 3am and I'm thinking things over from more of a gameplay standard rather than a "holy poop that sounds...wait a second" standard...

->Balance - Any specific ideas on this? Of course with 493 (And more!) Pokemon running around It's extremely hard to achieve any perfect balance but I'm mindintercourse ed on this one. I've found out without grinding however that colosseum does a decent job at this.

->To re-work the dungeon idea:
As battles go on, your pokemon will have a different status. Your pokemon will eventually turn tired causing them to lack in criticals or just miss in general. This won't make them miss at any abnormal rate but during the time you can have the option to run around battling while your pokemon stays at a pokecenter.

Or instead you can ignore the fact that they're missing more and just get high.

So, turning decent or still poop?

->Triple Battles: Considering my envision is basically colosseum's flaws screwed out + more instead of being a mainstream game I really think this needs more work. If this thread wants to keep discussing it then do so; if not ignore that notion. (I was only really thinking it for certain battles anyways)

->8 analog control; Whoops. My bad.

->In-depth plot: well nobody got to discussing this one. D;

->
Quote from: bluaki on March 02, 2010, 05:08:56 PM
Red uses punch! The attack missed!
Rocket Grunt uses gun! It's super effective! Red fainted died!
Positive feedback on an idea! TK leveled up!

Now then where were we? oh yeah that. Now that I answered why the hell the trainer would be part of some battles I still have the gigantic hole of "what the intercourse  would the other humans use" and how it would contribute to the overall gameplay.

...intercourse  my loopholes ;_;

Missingno6

Quote from: Third K on March 02, 2010, 02:05:24 PM
So now we travel with our miiiiiiiiiinds
Then come back to Georgia d:

And also, what ever happened to pokemon battle revolution. I guess it doesn't count cause its more of a pokemon stadium game
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Missingno6 on March 08, 2010, 01:29:13 PM
Then come back to Georgia d:
...I wish. : (

And also, what ever happened to pokemon battle revolution. I guess it doesn't count cause its more of a pokemon stadium game
It is

and it's been mentioned already

Macawmoses

People involvement would be scary. Taking a pokemon out of usability for a limited time seems reasonable though.