News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Whoa... the LAST "How to Play" update.

Started by Neerb, February 21, 2008, 04:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Today's Dojo update, Meteor Smash, was the last "How to play' update.  Yay or Nay?

YAY!  Now we can focus more on other things.
NAY!  I was hoping to see a few more special techniques.
WHO CARES!  As long as we get updates, I'm fine.

tibar7

Quote from: Jono2 on February 21, 2008, 10:32:46 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 21, 2008, 10:25:45 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on February 21, 2008, 10:09:25 PM
I vote nay.

I want to see Sakurai's explination for tripping and why he put the useless mechanic in the game. :|
what useless mechanic?

A character tries to run across the stage.

said character trips.

the character then takes two seconds getting up from their fall.

this character's name is bowser.

i don't understand. if u are reffering to bowser as useless ur wrong. he's wicked good if u know how to use him.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Jono2

Quote from: tibar7 on February 21, 2008, 10:42:07 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on February 21, 2008, 10:32:46 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 21, 2008, 10:25:45 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on February 21, 2008, 10:09:25 PM
I vote nay.

I want to see Sakurai's explination for tripping and why he put the useless mechanic in the game. :|
what useless mechanic?

A character tries to run across the stage.

said character trips.

the character then takes two seconds getting up from their fall.

this character's name is bowser.

i don't understand. if u are reffering to bowser as useless ur wrong. he's wicked good if u know how to use him.

no.  not what i was referring to.

characters randomly trip.  bowser takes two whole seconds to get off of the ground.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

derekgforce

Why would he make characters trip?  I've never heard such a thing.  How horrible and silly.  this could make or break a match, and by the sound of it, there's no way to control it.

X_Hero

Quote from: Michael227 on February 21, 2008, 01:21:34 PM
Quote from: X_Hero on February 21, 2008, 07:30:42 AM
Well, now we can get to more important updates. Mainly Lucario. ::)
im pretty sure  the next char updated is gonna be [spoiler]captain falcon[/spoiler] and then [spoiler] lucario will be updated [/spoiler]
Whoa, crud man, you right for the first half... [spoiler]Captain Falcon[/spoiler] was just updated today. XD

Neerb

Quote from: X_Hero on February 22, 2008, 06:02:14 AM
im pretty sure  the next char updated is gonna be [spoiler]captain falcon[/spoiler] and then [spoiler] lucario will be updated [/spoiler]
Whoa, crud man, you right for the first half... [spoiler]Captain Falcon[/spoiler] was just updated today. XD

But wrong about the second half.  They're probably gonna release all the veterans before they release new characters, and they still have to announce Jiggs.

ssbmfan5

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on February 22, 2008, 06:46:14 AM
Quote from: X_Hero on February 22, 2008, 06:02:14 AM

But wrong about the second half.  They're probably gonna release all the veterans before they release new characters, and they still have to announce Jiggs.
no, he's right.  They're going in order of number of vs. matches to unlock them.  After captain falcon is [spoiler]lucario[/spoiler], then [spoiler]snake, but probably just how to unlock him[/spoiler] then [spoiler]ROB[/spoiler] then [spoiler]ganondorf[/spoiler] then [spoiler]G&W[/spoiler] then [spoiler]sonic, but again, probably just how to unlock him[/spoiler] then[spoiler]jigglypuff[/spoiler] then [spoiler]toon link[/spoiler] then finally [spoiler]wolf[/spoiler].  That's a lot of spoiler tags :)
My sig is gone cause it had spoilers:(

Neerb

I don't get why Jiggs was the easiest character to unlock in the past games, but the 3rd hardest to unlock in Brawl.  Also, it seems EVERYONE is easier to get:  in SSBM, you get the last character after 1000 matches, but in Brawl it's only 450.  This game is actually TOO easy.

Cornwad

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on February 22, 2008, 10:16:10 AM
I don't get why Jiggs was the easiest character to unlock in the past games, but the 3rd hardest to unlock in Brawl.  Also, it seems EVERYONE is easier to get:  in SSBM, you get the last character after 1000 matches, but in Brawl it's only 450.  This game is actually TOO easy.
Just unlocking the characters, not everything else.

tibar7

they'll definitely reveal the veterans first.
i predict in this order now that captain falconhas been revealed:
first [spoiler]ganondorf[/spoiler]
second [spoiler]jigglypuff[/spoiler]
last but not least [spoiler]Mr. G &W.[/spoiler]

then onto the newcomers
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!