News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

____ Is too good for his own good IMO... (Spoiler)

Started by HTA!, March 18, 2008, 05:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

Wolf...

He is fast, his move have unbelievable knockback, and they are powerful....
Dont even get me started on the laser, and his Smashes....

Broken...says I.

Nayrman

His smashes aren't THAT good, but yea, he's slightly broken.
Top 5 "broken" characters (although they all have their strategies to beat them, so they're not THAT broken) (No particular order)
Wolf
Sonic
Ike
Pit
Lucas

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on March 18, 2008, 05:42:11 PM
Top 5 "broken" characters (although they all have their strategies to beat them, so they're not THAT broken) (No particular order)
Wolf
Sonic
Ike
Pit
Lucas

Pit and Wolf I'll agree on, but I dont think Ike of Sonic are that broken.
Ike is actually a decent character without his broken F-Smash, and his slowness kind of levels out the power.
He is a little unbalanced, but unless you can use him well, I think he isn't too bad.

Pit is impossible to KO, and his recovery/arrows are cheap as hell.
Lucas is decent, but hardly broken unless I'm missing something...
Sonic takes some practice, he's no more broken than Melee's Fox if even that bad.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 18, 2008, 05:45:00 PM
Wolf
Sonic
Ike
Pit
Lucas

Ike is actually a decent character without his broken F-Smash, and his slowness kind of levels out the power.
He is a little unbalanced, but unless you can use him well, I think he isn't too bad.

Sonic takes some practice, he's no more broken than Melee's Fox if even that bad.
It's Pit's recovery and B moves that make him so broken.

Have you played against a really good Sonic? It's like Fox on steroids from Melee! He's nigh unstoppable when someone who's REALLY good plays as him...
Ike is rather balanced in one on one, but in a four player fight, Ike is so good it's scary

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on March 18, 2008, 05:47:06 PM
Wolf
Sonic
Ike
Pit
Lucas

Have you played against a really good Sonic? It's like Fox on steroids from Melee! He's nigh unstoppable when someone who's REALLY good plays as him...
Ike is rather balanced in one on one, but in a four player fight, Ike is so good it's scary

Not yet, I'm decent with Sonic but I can't figure out the difference in Side B and Down B.

Ike in a 3+ match is basically rape.

Dr.Hobo2

I haven't played as/against Wolf yet so I can't really say anything about him. But Ike, I say he's a bit broken. It's just that he has too much speed for a strong character so it's not that bad. Pit, I haven't had much problems against anybody playing as Pit but I have noticed their overuse of their arrows and side-b attack. I haven't had much problems with Pit's recover usually because my KO hits usually send them off the screen too fast for them to recover.

HTA!

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on March 18, 2008, 05:51:39 PM
I haven't played as/against Wolf yet so I can't really say anything about him. But Ike, I say he's a bit broken. It's just that he has too much speed for a strong character so it's not that bad. Pit, I haven't had much problems against anybody playing as Pit but I have noticed their overuse of their arrows and side-b attack. I haven't had much problems with Pit's recover usually because my KO hits usually send them off the screen too fast for them to recover.

Ike's only speed comes from his Side B....
But I think its justified by his slooooooooow dash attack.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 18, 2008, 05:50:35 PM
Wolf
Sonic
Ike
Pit
Lucas

Not yet, I'm decent with Sonic but I can't figure out the difference in Side B and Down B.

I'll try to find a vid for u.
I've played against one or two. He won the brawl by 7 points. I think we managed to all of fifty percent on him X_X;; (no smash balls)

Dawei

Ike isn't broken in the least. He's to intercourse ing slow. Just choose a character with good range attacks, and when he gets close, run away.

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on March 18, 2008, 06:09:23 PM
Ike isn't broken in the least. He's to f***ing slow. Just choose a character with good range attacks, and when he gets close, run away.
Is it just me or is long range fighters the bane of most character's existance? I guess that's why Samus and Sanke are considered good...

HTA!

Ike isn't broken in the least. He's to f***ing slow. Just choose a character with good range attacks, and when he gets close, run away.
Exactly...

But I almost beat you with Ike =p

His Side B is a godsend, without it he would be like Melee's Bowser with longer range

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on March 18, 2008, 06:10:29 PM
Is it just me or is long range fighters the bane of most character's existance? I guess that's why Samus and Sanke are considered good...

Thats why Pit is.......... well so annoying.

Dawei

Samus sucks ass in Brawl (nor was she that good in Melee. Middle tier), and Snake isn't that great either.

HTA!

Quote from: Dawei on March 18, 2008, 06:12:46 PM

Samus sucks ass in Brawl (nor was she that good in Melee. Middle tier), and Snake isn't that great either.

Snake needs some kind of decent aerial game... or better smashes...

His Down A is.......well it sucks if you go up against a skilled player.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on March 18, 2008, 05:55:10 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 18, 2008, 05:50:35 PM
Wolf
Sonic
Ike
Pit
Lucas

I'll try to find a vid for u.
I've played against one or two. He won the brawl by 7 points. I think we managed to all of fifty percent on him X_X;; (no smash balls)
,,,,I should get away from you from now on, and also getting you off my FR.