Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Better or worse than you expected?

Started by tibar7, March 12, 2008, 03:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

Melee was much more intense.
But as a whole, it was just right.

Ill miss Melee's pace, but Brawl still has that new level of play that appeals to me.

tibar7

Quote from: Dawei on March 18, 2008, 02:48:01 PM
Quote from: Ultrasuperstarenator on March 18, 2008, 09:18:08 AM
Quote from: Dawei on March 18, 2008, 08:20:31 AM
And even though Jono completely summed it up, I'll respond too;
You must not have noticed that Brawl is not an "unlocking game" (if there even is something like that.) It's a game to play with your friends and arseholes like that. The fact that you have to unlock so many things in a game like Brawl is almost Anti-fun. Brawl isn't a one player game. It's 2-4 players. Is it fun when you want to play with your friends and someone wants to use some random kickass character, but you have to do 10k vs matches or beat all star on intense without taking any damage? You say that is fun, because it is unlocking something?

And like I said, Brawl is a party game. Melee is a fighting game. Why? Because Brawl is so much simpler. So much slower paced. Everyone can do good at it. There are very few things separating great players and average player. Melee was as deep as some fatass guys stomach (man, I love comparing things to fat people). Brawl is so much more of a party game than melee.

That point's completly stupid. Brawl IS a fighting game. MARIO PARTY is a party game.
And who really cares? I still win with inexpecanced people. There is still skill involved. Sobasicly, so you can't kill newcomers as easily, it's not as good as Melee?
It's not as deep as Melee. Brawl is much simpler than Melee.

Even so, you guys have gone off the point. This is not a "Is Brawl better or worse than you expected in the long run" topic. This is here and now, your opinion on Brawl. So any "more techs will be discovered" points are completely useless. As of now, Brawl fails my expectations greatly because Sakurai had to change what was already good.
how is brawl simpler than melee. it seems to me that there's more variables in battle now. there's smash balls, assist trophies, plus stage effects.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Jono2

Quote from: tibar7 on March 19, 2008, 04:54:24 AM
You must not have noticed that Brawl is not an "unlocking game" (if there even is something like that.) It's a game to play with your friends and arseholes like that. The fact that you have to unlock so many things in a game like Brawl is almost Anti-fun. Brawl isn't a one player game. It's 2-4 players. Is it fun when you want to play with your friends and someone wants to use some random kickass character, but you have to do 10k vs matches or beat all star on intense without taking any damage? You say that is fun, because it is unlocking something?

And like I said, Brawl is a party game. Melee is a fighting game. Why? Because Brawl is so much simpler. So much slower paced. Everyone can do good at it. There are very few things separating great players and average player. Melee was as deep as some fatass guys stomach (man, I love comparing things to fat people). Brawl is so much more of a party game than melee.

That point's completly stupid. Brawl IS a fighting game. MARIO PARTY is a party game.
And who really cares? I still win with inexpecanced people. There is still skill involved. Sobasicly, so you can't kill newcomers as easily, it's not as good as Melee?

Even so, you guys have gone off the point. This is not a "Is Brawl better or worse than you expected in the long run" topic. This is here and now, your opinion on Brawl. So any "more techs will be discovered" points are completely useless. As of now, Brawl fails my expectations greatly because Sakurai had to change what was already good.
how is brawl simpler than melee. it seems to me that there's more variables in battle now. there's smash balls, assist trophies, plus stage effects.

it's much harder to abuse physics with the new engine, taking out alot of depth, meaning it's simpler.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

tibar7

Quote from: Jono2 on March 19, 2008, 05:38:36 AM

it's much harder to abuse physics with the new engine, taking out alot of depth, meaning it's simpler.
i still don't understand how brawl is simpler than melee. the game play is the same except for the triping. some of the veterans from melee are faster/slower on ground/in air now but that's it. we started off being good at the game cause we have experience from melee. that's why it feels easier. if we were using the wii-mote and stuff it would of felt like when we began to play melee. most people are using the gamecube controls which means most people don't have to get used to the controls, since they're the same controls that they used in melee. the only thing that's changed about the physics is that there's more ability in the air, and more characters can wall-jump.

Jono2

Quote from: tibar7 on March 19, 2008, 12:50:01 PM

i still don't understand how brawl is simpler than melee. the game play is the same except for the triping. some of the veterans from melee are faster/slower on ground/in air now but that's it. we started off being good at the game cause we have experience from melee. that's why it feels easier. if we were using the wii-mote and stuff it would of felt like when we began to play melee. most people are using the gamecube controls which means most people don't have to get used to the controls, since they're the same controls that they used in melee. the only thing that's changed about the physics is that there's more ability in the air, and more characters can wall-jump.

huh?  when i started off brawl, I could barely beat a level 3, and i had been playing melee up until the last day before I got the game.

The physics engine has been changed to make it much simpler.  look and feel how floaty characters are now.  The style of play now is completely different.

I don't like how it got simpler, especially the wall-jumping aspect. Yeah, it's nice to be able to wall jump when i want to, but i end up walljumping alot of times when I don't want to.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

tibar7

Quote from: Jono2 on March 19, 2008, 01:04:05 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on March 19, 2008, 12:50:01 PM

huh?  when i started off brawl, I could barely beat a level 3, and i had been playing melee up until the last day before I got the game.

The physics engine has been changed to make it much simpler.  look and feel how floaty characters are now.  The style of play now is completely different.

I don't like how it got simpler, especially the wall-jumping aspect. Yeah, it's nice to be able to wall jump when i want to, but i end up walljumping alot of times when I don't want to.
characters are't floaty, unless you're referring to the ones that can fly or Peach. some haracters are just slower moving through the air. for instance, falco's speed in the air is slower now some characters also are slower on ground, but they had to make it that way because sonic was supposed to be way faster than them. if you ask me, the air speed of the characters is a little more realistic now, which isn't a bad thing.

BTW, the walljumping when you don't want to habit, is a result of lack of skill. it's not the game's fault.