News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Beatles: Rock Band Opinions

Started by RX-78-2, October 27, 2009, 07:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

All you nubs have had a month to get the game and think about what you think about it. :) Post your opinion about The Beatles: Rock Band. Ratings are optional. [There's a reason I made a separate Guitar Hero 5 thread. And yes, I know this is the same thing as the other thread.]

I think it's a great game, but as many others probably think, way too easy. Calibration (in any way) is a must, but thankfully not a problem. A few of the achievements could be better though. For example, the achievement in which the player must play "Dig a Pony" on Expert Guitar and hit all the hammer-ons and pull-offs. I've missed it by *this* much on a number of occasions. The same goes for getting 100% on the drum solo in "The End" and perfecting "Helter Skelter". They might not be that hard, but they're easy to slip up on. I was also hoping for "All My Life" :'(, one of my favorite Beatles songs actually. There are also a few minor glitches I think, but I might just be messing up (somehow all the time) while playing. The charts for some songs are atrocious, especially on bass. You'd think they could've copied the open-string bass note from Guitar Hero, but no. :-\ The game could've had 10 more songs too, but beggars can't be choosers. I give it... 8.5 out of 10, since I'm feeling generous and it's THE BEATLES. With DLC, I guess it deserves a 9 out of 10. Again, I'm being generous.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

The Riddler

Quote from: TerribleFrog 2.0 on October 27, 2009, 07:58:16 AM
All you nubs have had a month to get the game and think about what you think about it. :) Post your opinion about The Beatles: Rock Band. Ratings are optional. [There's a reason I made a separate Guitar Hero 5 thread. And yes, I know this is the same thing as the other thread.]

I think it's a great game, but as many others probably think, way too easy. Calibration (in any way) is a must, but thankfully not a problem. A few of the achievements could be better though. For example, the achievement in which the player must play "Dig a Pony" on Expert Guitar and hit all the hammer-ons and pull-offs. I've missed it by *this* much on a number of occasions. The same goes for getting 100% on the drum solo in "The End" and perfecting "Helter Skelter". They might not be that hard, but they're easy to slip up on. I was also hoping for "All My Life" :'(, one of my favorite Beatles songs actually. There are also a few minor glitches I think, but I might just be messing up (somehow all the time) while playing. The charts for some songs are atrocious, especially on bass. You'd think they could've copied the open-string bass note from Guitar Hero, but no. :-\ The game could've had 10 more songs too, but beggars can't be choosers. I give it... 8.5 out of 10, since I'm feeling generous and it's THE BEATLES. With DLC, I guess it deserves a 9 out of 10. Again, I'm being generous.
Too easy? The Beatles made a living on writing simple, yet memorable songs. They're supposed to be easy.
Achievements need to be better? Hey, an achievement that's hard, yet attainable, is perfect. Otherwise it wouldn't be an achievement. They even have a creative one, play a song on Lefty Bass - Authenticity.
As far as I've seen, the charts are great.

The game is great, opened my eyes to alot of beatles stuff. 9 of 10.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Milo_Cyrus on October 27, 2009, 01:26:45 PM
Too easy? The Beatles made a living on writing simple, yet memorable songs. They're supposed to be easy.
Achievements need to be better? Hey, an achievement that's hard, yet attainable, is perfect. Otherwise it wouldn't be an achievement. They even have a creative one, play a song on Lefty Bass - Authenticity.
As far as I've seen, the charts are great.

The game is great, opened my eyes to alot of beatles stuff. 9 of 10.
Not every song is too easy. Some are decently hard like "The End" and "Back in the USSR". I'd just want more challenging songs. Keep in mind that I'm not talking about the Beatles as in the band. I'm talking about The Beatles: Rock Band, a video game.

An "achievement that's hard, yet attainable" is good, but these are just too easy to miss one note or so on. It's very frustrating to go through an entire song and almost get the achievement because of just one slip up, sometimes all the way at the end. (I'll admit that Guitar Hero 5 has this problem for some of its challenges, but let's not bring that into this.) Gamers just shouldn't have to face that kind of disappointment (especially not more than once). Conversely, the "Authenticity" achievement is an example of a good, creative achievement, as well being easy. Other good examples are those that require the gold-starring of a certain set of songs.

The charts though, are still awful for some songs, again, especially on expert bass. Sometimes, you play a higher note when you move to a lower fret and vice-versa. They could've completely re-charted some songs for a better feel.

Also, you play different instruments other than guitar. It may just a be a quirk of mine, but I don't like that. I'd actually rather just sit and listen.

Don't get me wrong though, overall it's still a good game.

Custom

Quote from: TerribleFrog 2.0 on October 27, 2009, 02:19:18 PM
Not every song is too easy. Some are decently hard like "The End" and "Back in the USSR". I'd just want more challenging songs. Keep in mind that I'm not talking about the Beatles as in the band. I'm talking about The Beatles: Rock Band, a video game.

An "achievement that's hard, yet attainable" is good, but these are just too easy to miss one note or so on. It's very frustrating to go through an entire song and almost get the achievement because of just one slip up, sometimes all the way at the end. (I'll admit that Guitar Hero 5 has this problem for some of its challenges, but let's not bring that into this.) Gamers just shouldn't have to face that kind of disappointment (especially not more than once). Conversely, the "Authenticity" achievement is an example of a good, creative achievement, as well being easy. Other good examples are those that require the gold-starring of a certain set of songs.

The charts though, are still awful for some songs, again, especially on expert bass. Sometimes, you play a higher note when you move to a lower fret and vice-versa. They could've completely re-charted some songs for a better feel.

Also, you play different instruments other than guitar. It may just a be a quirk of mine, but I don't like that. I'd actually rather just sit and listen.

Don't get me wrong though, overall it's still a good game.

You're complaining about the charts in Beatles Rock Band when you play Guitar Hero 5? Dear god. Go play real guitar.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

RX-78-2

Quote from: Customrobo13 on October 28, 2009, 09:09:20 AM
You're complaining about the charts in Beatles Rock Band when you play Guitar Hero 5? Dear god. Go play real guitar.

My post from before isn't here for some reason. This is a test post.
Oh wait I think it had to do with the forum, never mind, I'll do it later.