News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Zelda Wii details?

Started by Tupin, January 20, 2010, 03:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Thirdkoopa

Talking Sword...

...Shit.

Rest of the info however makes me curious.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

SkyMyl

Interesting. I don't really trust 2Ch for my details, but eh.

Quote- The girl in the art is not the Master Sword, and it appears the Master Sword will not be in the game.
- The game takes place in more then just Hyrule, and may possibly not be Hyrule at all.
- The game will be vary from the dungeon field dungeon method we are accustomed too (Already stated by Zelda director Eiji Aonuma).
- You will be able to select right or left handed at the start, and Link will be left or right handed based on your selection.
- Link's sword is highly unique in this game, and will have several unlockable abilities.
...please, please please please please

Nayrman

So... it's just Ocarina of Time AGAIN but with a different partner character... oy.
Not that I trust any website with "-chan" in it's name, but if that's true it's the first console Zelda game I'm actually not looking forward to.

The Riddler

Dislike lack of Master Sword.
Dislike not in Hyrule or land related to Hyrule.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Nayrman on January 20, 2010, 04:31:01 PM
So... it's just Ocarina of Time AGAIN but with a different partner character... oy.
no, they clearly stated it will be different

Nayrman

Quote from: So_So_Man on January 20, 2010, 05:53:15 PM
no, they clearly stated it will be different
They said that about Twilight Princess as well... and that was more blatant an OoT clone than any game that tried to copy OoT

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on January 20, 2010, 06:34:38 PM
They said that about Twilight Princess as well... and that was more blatant an OoT clone than any game that tried to copy OoT
Yes, but at least this one doesn't have an annoying sidekick that follows you and it has time travel.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on January 20, 2010, 06:34:38 PM
EVERY CONSOLE ZELDA after Ocarina is a carbon copy of Ocarina, right?

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Blue on January 20, 2010, 08:49:05 PM

and Ocarina is a copy of Link to the Past

SkyMyl

Quote from: Gwen Khan on January 20, 2010, 08:50:18 PM
Which was created to perfect the formula of the first Zelda game.
...wait, so if Twilight Princess was made to perfect the formula of Ocarina of Time, and Ocarina of Time was a 3D copy of Link to the Past, which was made to perfect the formula set by the original Zelda...

...holy poop. Though, virtually all of that is opinion.

Nayrman

Quote from: Blue on January 20, 2010, 08:49:05 PM
Majora's Mask... ahem.

Quote from: Gwen Khan on January 20, 2010, 08:50:18 PM

In story only, the only main similarity is the dual worlds sort of thing, although at least OoT tried to differentiate it someone with the Shadow Temple.

Thirdkoopa

Wind Waker was at least more of an attempt to be original as well; Not as much as MM but to say it didn't put some effort into it would be ridiculous.

My main problem with TP wasn't trying to be OoT. I can't blame them with sales, but TP Just turned out so boring at parts and most of the time I knew what was going to happen with a horrible way to pull a SFA out of it's ass for the ending.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

The Riddler

MM was supposed to be similar. It was a direct sequel.

DededeCloneChris

This game will be a Majora's Mask version for the Wii. If it's not Hyrule, then it's different.