Fuck no.
2 (18.2%)
Eventually...
5 (45.5%)
Yeah, I guess.
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

SkyMyl

I missed a lot of discussion, apparently. .-.

dawnwolfNxhoj

hmm, i honestly think that this will be a great game. the battle system is quite unique and the graphics took my breath away. they're also using the term eidolon to describe the summons for this game, which makes me happy cause they havn't forgotten 9 for certain. ^_^

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 02, 2010, 05:07:20 PM
lol yeah i used my favorite characters until I got to the monster arena....then the world crumbles around you and you realize that Auron isn't all that great and you only bring him out to use piercing and still hit for 99999...which isn't often :[
i use my favorite characters all the time unless I'm forced by random plot convenience or specifically for a battle. i've kept the tradition same for every game including the tactics games and chronicles.

Anyways where were we? oh yeah 13. With what everyone who imported it told me It's a good RPG not much of a great FF game but it has more qualities of one than 12.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

Quote from: Third K on March 05, 2010, 12:14:29 AM
Anyways where were we? oh yeah 13. With what everyone who imported it told me It's a good RPG not much of a great FF game but it has more qualities of one than 12.

wut

FF games are the most popular RPG's, sure, but separating them into an entire different class of RPG, like they're into an entire league of their own is something that's...well..retarded. Besides, comparing this game to, for example, VI(which is the new "best FF game because its totally uncool to go with the majority that claims FFVII to be the best", even though VII outclasses VI in every aspect other than story) is retarded. What are these "qualities" of a "great FF game"?

If I was to answer that I'd say "great story, great graphics, good cut-scenes(VII and after) , amazing music, awesome characters, awesome summons/spells, and a great battle system". Every Final Fantasy other than XII possessed all of these qualities. And from what I've been told, XIII has all of these qualities. Sazh totally makes up for any poopty character the game could have lol.

Magnum

Quote from: Zero on March 05, 2010, 08:01:56 AM
wut

FF games are the most popular RPG's, sure, but separating them into an entire different class of RPG, like they're into an entire league of their own is something that's...well..retarded. Besides, comparing this game to, for example, VI(which is the new "best FF game because its totally uncool to go with the majority that claims FFVII to be the best", even though VII outclasses VI in every aspect other than story) is retarded. What are these "qualities" of a "great FF game"?

If I was to answer that I'd say "great story, great graphics, good cut-scenes(VII and after) , amazing music, awesome characters, awesome summons/spells, and a great battle system". Every Final Fantasy other than XII possessed all of these qualities. And from what I've been told, XIII has all of these qualities. Sazh totally makes up for any poopty character the game could have lol.
I think what he meant is the RPG elements are solid, but it doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game or the story sucks.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Magnum on March 05, 2010, 10:04:11 AM
I think what he meant is the RPG elements are solid but it doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game
holy poop brah you got it spot on in only one sentence. It's not classifying it completely to it's own category as FF was never extremely unique from other RPG's but FF had it's things that were still qualities to make it stand out to there own name. On top of that almost every FF game has introduced at least something that seems like it'll become a consistent FF idea or has potential (Chocobo, Sphere Grid, etc)

I'd type more but basically it's that. They say It's a better game to the FF name than 12 but it still doesn't quite have that feel. I'm honestly in agreement to that with everything I've heard but I'll have to play it myself. My main grudge really just comes with the combat system and re-orchestrating the darn thing 21 times instead of what most have problems with.

also VI had an amazing soundtrack as well as plot. At least one of the best in the series. It's annoying how VI is suddenly getting a poopton of praise but it's one of the better ones in the series so i can't blame them. Then again the praise seems to be varied now. It's mainly on IV, VI, VII, and IX which are also my favorites.

Quote from: Zero on March 05, 2010, 08:01:56 AM
Sazh totally makes up for any poopty character the game could have lol.
be very careful with what you say. very careful.

but sazh and hope are already better than FF12's entire cast. others look decent. Lightning looks like a character I'm going to ninny about for hours.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

...and what I was saying was: What does it mean to be a Final Fantasy game? When I watch the trailers, or gameplay footage, it looks like a Final Fantasy game. When I hear the music other than the Kingdom Hearts sounding main theme that the commercial has, I feel like I'm listening to a Final Fantasy game. When I look at the character design I see a Final Fantasy character design. And when I pick up the game to play it I guarantee you that I'll feel like I'm playing a Final Fantasy game.

Really, people have trouble with modernization to the point where they become blinded, it seems.

Thirdkoopa

I can elaborate then. Easy.

What are qualities of a FF game? A FF game is a game I can pick up easily with a simplistic (but at the same time generic) combat system, 12 lacks this 13 lacks it at the very least less than 12. A FF game is a type that distincts itself with it's characters (Black Mage, Blue Mage, Thief, etc. Hell even FF10 had things like Kimhari as a Dragoon in a technical sense) 12 didn't have this and I see no sign of it with 13. The setting/Non-Linear; 12 actually had ivalice but failed horribly at it. 13 looks like it has this more to it's extents with things like crystals being a pretty big plot part. Having to run around in the open world due to getting lost instead of having arrows guide you. 13 apparently has this. The victory fanfare theme, which is apparently not in. Oh and MP. Of course this system seems far more balanced than originally thought out to be. Seriously; You get your HP refilled after every battle.

...Through in any FF tactics game you do as well. Oh and did I mention that when the main character dies everyone dies?

I don't actually have any trouble with the game becoming "Modernized" By any means. Maybe by Soundtrack but nothing else. Did you know X/10 is actually the first one I started with and my 5th favorite? I'm very fine with ideas as long as they're long term. You know what's long term or has potential to be? Things like the Chocobo or Sphere Grid. On the other hand I'm not sure If I can say the same thing about 13.

But even If It doesn't have many FF qualities or long term values (Which it will have more than 12. I know this.) It will still be a good RPG for most part.

I'll still even enjoy this myself at the very least more than 12 - The only way this game can be ruined for me completely is the combat system. Even then I'll complete it just for my "lol i completed all the main ff games" ribbon

One more thing If I may ask; how come we can't compare it to any other FF games? They're all under the same series. Sometimes It's good to look at qualities they all share; It just depends what direction you're looking at it from.

"Kefka is the best villain"
"IX is still superior to all"
"Square died years ago"
"Cecil > Cloud"
Aren't ways to constructively view it compared to other FF games on what square could improve due to those being different each game.

"The combat system is pretty weird compared to other FF games"
"It lacks more uniqueness into characters than other FF games"
"It lacks some music pieces almost every other FF game had remixed"

Are still absolutely fine last time I checked.

Custom

I ENDED UP BUYING IT EVEN THOUGH THE ITEM SYSTEM, LINEAR GAME STYLE, AND STORY SEEM HORRIBLE

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Mutilator7

Quote from: Zero on March 02, 2010, 05:07:20 PM
lol yeah i used my favorite characters until I got to the monster arena....then the world crumbles around you and you realize that Auron isn't all that great and you only bring him out to use piercing and still hit for 99999...which isn't often :[

ARGH NEXT TUESDAY NEEDS TO COME ALREADY

Oh and in ff13 you can surpass 99,999 damage. As there is an achievement to do more than 100k damage :)  Watched the review and it looks very nice still, picking it up tomorrow

Zero

Quote from: Mutilator<Seven> on March 08, 2010, 07:22:13 PM
Oh and in ff13 you can surpass 99,999 damage. As there is an achievement to do more than 100k damage :)  Watched the review and it looks very nice still, picking it up tomorrow

sweet

Zero

Got it.Playing it.Loving it.

Thirdkoopa

And now others are getting it in the US. So guys how is it?

Quote from: Customrobo13 on March 08, 2010, 05:17:56 PM
I ENDED UP BUYING IT EVEN THOUGH THE ITEM SYSTEM, LINEAR GAME STYLE, AND STORY SEEM HORRIBLE

FFFFFFFFFFFFF
bahaha I actually laughed at this. Hope you enjoy it anyways.

Zero

Quote from: Third K on March 09, 2010, 03:34:15 PM
And now others are getting it in the US. So guys how is it?

Pretty spectacular.

Custom

On disc 2. Changin weather.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!