News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Great Month of WiiWare

Started by Macawmoses, March 26, 2010, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Let's do a rundown of this month in WiiWare...

There was Mega Man 10. Rage of the Gladiator. Cave Story. Max and the Magic Marker. To finish the month off, the WarioWare DIY Showcase comes out loaded with mini-games and tie ins to the retail release.

Which of these great games have you experienced?

Custom

Quote from: King Richard on March 26, 2010, 11:52:45 AM
Let's do a rundown of this month in WiiWare...

There was Mega Man 10. Rage of the Gladiator. Cave Story. Max and the Magic Marker. To finish the month off, the WarioWare DIY Showcase comes out loaded with mini-games and tie ins to the retail release.

Which of these great games have you experienced?
Mega Man 10 was good stuff. Cave Story Wii sucked but Cave Story is good. Max and the Magic Marker looked boring and got bad reviews. I could play that kind of thing on addictinggames. I don't know what Rage of the Gladiator was but I dunno.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Thirdkoopa

Absolutely none of them. Will get MM10 at some point but asides from that nothing else looks particularly interesting with what I've heard.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Macawmoses

Max's metacritic score is 75. Which is generally favourable. It's deemed a relatively strong release. I'd say the Nintendo Life review is the most reputable one, which supports the game.

Rage of the Gladiator is like PunchOut with a hammer. I absolutely love it. Its Meta average is 81, and I'd say that's about what I'll be rating it for my NS2 review (7.5 or 8, not sure yet). It is a ton of fun.

SkyMyl

Mega Man 10 was lacking in comparison to 9, Cave Story was good as Cave Story, but nothing else, and I haven't tried out Rage of the Gladiator yet.

I was going to send my Wii in at the start of March, but those two WiiWare releases inhibited me from doing so.

Macawmoses

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 26, 2010, 03:05:07 PM
Mega Man 10 was lacking in comparison to 9, Cave Story was good as Cave Story, but nothing else, and I haven't tried out Rage of the Gladiator yet.

I was going to send my Wii in at the start of March, but those two WiiWare releases inhibited me from doing so.
I thought MM10 was as good as MM9. Sure, it wasn't as hard, but as I said in my review, I'm kind of glad.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: King Richard on March 26, 2010, 12:19:51 PM
Max's metacritic score is 75. Which is generally favourable. It's deemed a relatively strong release. I'd say the Nintendo Life review is the most reputable one, which supports the game.

Rage of the Gladiator is like PunchOut with a hammer. I absolutely love it. Its Meta average is 81, and I'd say that's about what I'll be rating it for my NS2 review (7.5 or 8, not sure yet). It is a ton of fun.
I dunno; Just because it has a 75 doesn't mean it's all that justifiable. It's the true content of the review that plays into part.

But this month is still a better month for WiiWare even if two were mediocre and one was considered partly redundant.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Macawmoses

I said its MC average in response to "bad reviews." I don't call 75 bad by any means, keeping in mind 6/10 usually means fans of the genre it enjoyable, while 8 tends to mean this is a good game in general.

Custom

Quote from: King Richard on March 26, 2010, 04:15:28 PM
I said its MC average in response to "bad reviews." I don't call 75 bad by any means, keeping in mind 6/10 usually means fans of the genre it enjoyable, while 8 tends to mean this is a good game in general.

Fans of the genre? There is a fanbase for drawing lines and jumping on them? :P

Macawmoses

Quote from: Custom on March 26, 2010, 11:09:33 PM
Fans of the genre? There is a fanbase for drawing lines and jumping on them? :P
Line Rider. Need I say more?

Custom

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: King Richard on March 26, 2010, 04:15:28 PM

I'm saying the actual content of the reviews matter far more than the scores; Yes, this applies to metacritic too. The content will however usually tell you what status it falls under. Which is why when I criticize or do anything related to reviews I never slap a number onto a game. It's helped me with game purchases far more than most people I know.

Quote from: Custom on March 26, 2010, 11:22:04 PM
:P
custom you're amazing