News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Zelda Wii - Motion Plus Only

Started by Doodle, February 06, 2010, 01:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

Source
QuoteIn an interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu, the Zelda producer reaffirmed his commitment to showing off the game at the E3 games show in June but he also revealed that he'd like attendees to be able to play the game.

"I'd like to show something playable," said Aonuma before enthusing about the game's new MotionPlus controls. "It just feels so natural. Link's sword and the controller that you're holding become one."

Despite not giving away any details about a possible release date, Aonuma said the development is progressing: "We've progressed in development since last year. At present, the core areas have come into clear view."

Advertisement:
So it looks like we'll be able to tell you how the new Zelda game will play in June.
I'm not so sure about this. It will be either be really awesome or really crappy.
Flailing your arm everywhere could get a tad old, too. But we'll see in June, I guess.
YEAH

SkyMyl

Quote from: Doodle on February 06, 2010, 01:11:35 PM
SourceI'm not so sure about this. It will be either be really awesome or really crappy.
Flailing your arm everywhere could get a tad old, too. But we'll see in June, I guess.
...so I take it Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy were totally fresh and original, right?
You're on the side of the fence that considers TP original.
Speaking out of line.

Cornwad

Sword fighting in WiiSports Resort was pretty fun. If it's like that but Zelda I'm fine.

Custom

Fucking poop. I didn't want to have to buy one of those dumb add-ons.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

It will probably come with one. And if you intend of keeping your Wii, you should go ahead and get one anyway, cause it's probably gonna get more and more commonplace in new games. After all, why wouldn't you want to play a game with better controls?

Nayrman

Quote from: SmashBro25 on February 16, 2010, 07:02:26 AM
It will probably come with one. And if you intend of keeping your Wii, you should go ahead and get one anyway, cause it's probably gonna get more and more commonplace in new games. After all, why wouldn't you want to play a game with better controls?
First off, the Wii should've had been this in the intercourse in' first place.
Second, not even Nintendo seems sold on this. So we get a sport minigame package (again) and what? One Zelda game that will doubt be delayed a couple times as per Nintendo's custom? As far as I can tell, no one seems too interested in it.

Custom

Quote from: SmashBro25 on February 16, 2010, 07:02:26 AM

I've bought about 5 games in the last 2 years.

I really doubt they're going to make me want this add-on unless No More Heroes 3 will have support for it. It's just like how I prefer to have my Wii in HD, but I don't want to buy the HD cables because of how little I use it.

StarWindWizard7

Meh, If the games I get say I should get it or recommend it, I'll probably get it, Other then that... I'm not about to give into all t his wii accessory poop.

I'm waiting on the REAL Games, Come on Nintendo people been starving for months here....

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on February 16, 2010, 08:57:35 PM
Second, not even Nintendo seems sold on this. So we get a sport minigame package (again) and what? One Zelda game that will doubt be delayed a couple times as per Nintendo's custom? As far as I can tell, no one seems too interested in it.
Stop being a f****** ranter and just wait. You're the ONLY one who is always skeptical about EVERYTHING.

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on February 16, 2010, 08:57:35 PM

But it didn't, because they couldn't. A normal person would at least be grateful that we're getting it now.

Also, there are other WM+ games available now and in the future, they're just 3rd party.

Thirdkoopa

oh yay another wii discussion;

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on February 20, 2010, 08:46:55 AM
Stop being a f****** ranter and just wait. You're the ONLY one who is always skeptical about EVERYTHING.
And you're never skeptical apparently from the posts I've seen.

He's not even interested in it much from the sound of it. You know, he can think it may be a bad marketing point.

Quote from: SmashBro25 on February 20, 2010, 09:25:23 AM
But it didn't, because they couldn't. A normal person would at least be grateful that we're getting it now.
But one thing you can't do is attach the nunchuck and the titles that already utilize the wiimote well CAN'T be magically fixed.

People could however give more forgiveness. The Nintendo DS had quite a few flaws but the DSLite fixed them up nicely.

Quote from: StormWindWizard7 on February 20, 2010, 06:50:59 AM
I'm waiting on the REAL Games, Come on Nintendo people been starving for months here....
the wii has games

The main problem with most of them is that most don't justify the price and most don't have much lasting appeal. May I advise depending on other consoles some? I've been multitasking between my PS2 (PS1 backwards compatibility) Wii (GC backwards compatibility) DS and PSP. I've found myself quote fond of that method.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Custom

Only other person, my friend.

Also, there are other WM+ games available now and in the future, they're just 3rd party.

Be grateful I have to pay $50 for a small add on that could fulfills the purpose that the Wiimote was supposed to carry out in the first place?

Gee, thanks Nintendo.

Quote from: Third K on February 20, 2010, 12:27:16 PM
People could however give more forgiveness. The Nintendo DS had quite a few flaws but the DSLite fixed them up nicely.

If the DSLite had better L and R buttons it would have been the perfect handheld. ;-;

Nayrman

Maybe because Nintendo hasn't upgraded gameplay at all, especially since they've only released a grand total of ONE game that uses the peripheral, and it's once again a shallow mini-game package that barely lasts over an hour. Not to mention their last console Zelda game was a blatant rehash of a much better N64 game, yes I have every right to be skeptical. At least I'm not sucking on the Nintendo kool-aid as it were.

Actually, it COULD have, Nintendo was either just lazy or didn't care. Their excuse was the price point, which only makes me laugh my ass off as the Wii was (and still is) blatantly overpriced considering what it does. And now Nintendo expects us to pay more to make the controller actually worth a darn? Yea, no thanks Nintendo. Controllers are over priced as it is, I don't want to buy a add on just to make it play good.

Other WM+ game but they're third party... yea because the third parties have been SO good at making games for the Wii. In fact the best 3rd party games on the system are the ones that don't use it at all (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is an example) or barely use it (No More Heroes, MadWorld, to an extent Resident Evil 4 since the groundwork was made previously). If Nintendo isn't going to support the darn thing why should third parties? They're already ditching the Wii in massive droves anyway.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on February 20, 2010, 03:47:34 PM
Actually, it COULD have, Nintendo was either just lazy or didn't care. Their excuse was the price point, which only makes me laugh my ass off as the Wii was (and still is) blatantly overpriced considering what it does. And now Nintendo expects us to pay more to make the controller actually worth a darn? Yea, no thanks Nintendo. Controllers are over priced as it is, I don't want to buy a add on just to make it play good.

Other WM+ game but they're third party... yea because the third parties have been SO good at making games for the Wii. In fact the best 3rd party games on the system are the ones that don't use it at all (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is an example) or barely use it (No More Heroes, MadWorld, to an extent Resident Evil 4 since the groundwork was made previously). If Nintendo isn't going to support the darn thing why should third parties? They're already ditching the Wii in massive droves anyway.
If you reconsider it, the Wii is cheaper than any console. Add-ons are expected to be made because it was fine for the controllers to be like they are since there wasn't any real use to many other games to have REALLY accurate motion controls.

As for Nintendo supporting WM+, they already did with Wii Sports Resort. The game itself was used as some sort of beta for the people to think if the accessory worked, in which case it did. Do you really expect they had flagship games ready RIGHT after the WM+ came out? Nintendo is original with its franchises, which take a long time to make. Other third parties implement the "darn thing" because their games don't take so much long to produce.

Nayrman

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on February 20, 2010, 03:56:03 PM
If you reconsider it, the Wii is cheaper than any console. Add-ons are expected to be made because it was fine for the controllers to be like they are since there wasn't any real use to many other games.

As for Nintendo supporting WM+, they already did with Wii Sports Resort. Do you really expect they had flagship games ready RIGHT after the WM+ came out? Nintendo is original with its franchises, which take a long time to make. Other third parties implement the "darn thing" because their games don't take so much long to produce.

Cheaper in pure monetary value, possibly, but in terms of what it does, it's probably the worst in terms of what you get for your money.
Nintendo Wii: $200
Xbox 360 Elite: $300
Playstation 3 Slim: (120 GB) $300 (250 GB) $350

Now let's take a look at what you're getting for each price point. I only used the most expensive versions of the other two consoles. On Gamestop you can easily get used versions of the older models of the PS3 and 360 for much cheaper than the Wii (getting as low as $130). The Wii has only 512MB of RAM memory for storage, a absolutely pathetic amount especially considering you can get 20GB hard drives for as little as $30 if you know any good stores. A massive company like Nintendo would eat no cost, so no hard drive is just pure laziness on their part. Oh, but you can BUY an SD card for additional storage. I spent about $20 for an SD card at the time (you can get them for cheaper nowadays, depending on size). Let us also look into the fact that the separate controllers are more expensive than the competitors. An extra ten dollars per controller if you buy the Nunchuck add-on (which you kind of need to have for certain games). So let's say I buy one extra controller with the Nunchuck (and since this is meant for families, odds are you're going to need more than 2 controllers). So that's an extra ten bucks assuming you buy an extra controller with regards to the other two. So now we're at $230.

Another thing to remember is that the Wiimotes need to run on batteries. Or you can also BUY a 3rd party charger, and we know how overpriced 3rd party hardware peripherals get to be. Meanwhile the 360 and PS3 charge their controllers, so there is no additional cost to run them. The batteries are a hard issue, as it depends on where you live, or how many controllers you need to run. However, I did a quick search on Google (and Amazon), and a pack of 4 double A batteries is about six dollars online. Probably more once you get into local retailers, but I'll use the six dollar figure. Again, the variable is also play time. Depending on how fast you run through the batteries, that also could be an issue. Please note, I'm assuming the average consumer wouldn't know about the charger, or would prefer batteries. Again, the batteries will only last however long you play it. For arguments sake, let's say you can go through an entire six months on one thing of batteries (I'm being VERY generous here). Also, since this is meant for families or community play, I'll also use two controllers in this model. That would use up the pack of 4 double A batteries in one sitting. The average console's life cycle is about five years. So we have six dollars bi-annually. So twelve dollars a year times five years is another sixty dollars.

Congratulations, we're already at $290 over the course of your console's lifespan just to run the darn thing. Now we get to the hard peripherals like the zapper, any of the sports add-ons, the WiiFit balance board which boosts the price of that game, the Wii Motion Plus, etc. and that alone would put the Wii way over the other two. However, since you're never required to buy them, I won't add them in this model. I'm just saying they're there, that is all. Meanwhile the 360 and PS3 don't really have those to play their games.

Let's look at technology next. As I said, the Wii has absolutely zero memory in it unless you want to pay for an SD card to expand it. And even then, it is nothing compared to the storage capacity of the other two systems. So large downloadable games will never be on the Wii (and it doesn't help the fact that Nintendo seems to forget the WiiWare is even there). Also, there is no High Definition option on the system. While the component cables do cost extra, you are never required to use the HD option on the other two, but at least it is there (thus further decreasing the value of the Wii). The Wii also has pretty much no multimedia functions. It can't even play DVD's out of the box. You CAN hack it to do so, but I doubt the average consumer could do that. This also isn't helped by the fact that it CAN play DVD's, Nintendo just put a limiter on it so it can't. Meanwhile the other two systems do play DVD's, and the PS3 even plays Blu-Ray's, so you have even more capacity for games, storage, and visual quality media. Finally, the Wii and Nintendo have the worst online system of the bunch, not even being in the race. Hell, the Dreamcast looks online ready compared to the Wii. Meanwhile the PS3 has a much better online, and it's free, while you get a 1-year membership for Xbox live with your purchase of the 360.

So, what you're really buying is a $290 console compared to two $300 consoles that are far more capable than the Wii. So yes, while the Wii's base price is the lowest, for what you're actually getting, the Wii is the biggest sham. You're getting the least bang for your buck.

On to your other issue. Do I really expect Nintendo to have a flagship game for the non-casuals (a.k.a. the core gamers) at it's launch? Well....YES. You come out and tell us you held back on technology essentially because you were either cheap or lazy, and then come out to make your "innovative" controller work, and yet you give us no reason to care? So we have Wii Sports Resort, a mini-game ugh-fest that the Wii already as too much of, EA released a golf game that we can get on the other consoles and play just fine, and Ubisoft has a sequel to a very mediocre launch title. Well good lord if I'm not sold already.

Nintendo is original with it's franchises? That's HIGHLY arguable as well. Twilight Princess in this forumer's opinion is a blatant rehash of Ocarina of Time, and is essentially a highly delayed Gamecube title that wasn't that good to begin with. Metroid Prime was another "me too" in the prime series, and Galaxy, while fun, followed the exact same formula as Mario 64 and Sunshine in terms of gameplay. And frankly, the less said about Pokemon the better. The only series I can see that even tried to do some real innovation was Mario Kart with it's bikes addition, and even then the core gameplay was the same.