News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Epic Mickey*WARNING: Spoilers*

Started by dawnwolfNxhoj, February 22, 2010, 02:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawnwolfNxhoj

Yep, decided to start something about this particular game considering that i haven't seen one yet or couldn't find one.
So to get things started, who knows about this and is interested?
Considering what I've been hearing and seeing, not many people have been talking about this. The main thing i hope is that it's not being talked about because it's Disney.  Just cause it's Disney doesn't mean it couldn't be a good game. Look at Kingdom Hearts for crying out loud!
Next, a little bit of the plot but not too much. Earlier in the years, actually, around the 1920s; it wasn't Mickey who was the company's  main character, oh no. It was Oswald, the lucky rabbit. Here's a picture of him below

Back to topic, Oswald was Walt Disney's 1st creation. He appeared in a few silent black and white cartoons, but was pulled away in about a decade due to someone who worked to distribute and finance him. Mickey Mouse replaces him and the company has huge success, leaving Oswald.
Now to the fictional side, Yensid(Disney backwards apparently) creates a world for the forgotten creations of Disney, Oswald being 1 of the 1st. This world takes the form of a intricate model in his home, mirroring the wonder and beauty of another certain place. However, a mischievous Mickey comes in and finds this. Fascinated, he takes a look at it, but not without disastrous results. He accidentally spills some paint and paint thinner on this and STOP! That should be enough for now.
Moving along, don't expect this to just have some cutesy graphics and stuff just cause it's Disney. Due to the above, it should be obvious to what happens somewhat. If you don't believe me, take a look at this picture below

It that doesn't leave you breathless or make you go "WOW!" or "HOLY S**T!", I don't know what will.
To another subject; gameplay. Part of this game will be having a system that mimics mechanics that are used from games; Infamous and Shadow the Hedgehog.  To be clear, it let's you decide wether or not you choose to be Good like Mickey is usually portrayed, be Evil and destructive that has never been seen, or a mix of both. Depending on which you choose, Mickey's appearance will change to reflect your choice. If you choose to be good, he'll don gold gloves and a heroic pose. Bad, you may end up with this...

now i shall talk about..,
ultra special random stuff...
Exactly how many times have Disney decided to go severely scary? Honestly, when have they?
One of the directors, Warren Spector, was previously asked to do a Mickey Mouse game from Disney and refused. Now he's doing this, EPIC, isn't it?
Speaking about Warren Spector, he's apparently a major Disney fan; having collected a major amount of rare and near impossible to find Disney products at a young age. Ironic for him to refuse the 1st time, ain't it?
If that last picture didn't send chills down your spine, i congratulate you. I'll be having nightmare about that for a LONG time. I mean, how many times have you ever seen Mickey so, disturbing, and frightening, right?

Doodle

This definitely looks...interesting. :U
I might pick it up if it's good. I need a good Wii game.
YEAH

Silverhawk79

The premise looks interesting, but I'm a little apprehensive about how it will look. The screenshots I've seen so far are a little...ugly. They'll probably polish it up, or at least I sure hope so. Regardless, I'll probably pick it up.

Macawmoses

I think this is going to be a must own. I love that they bastardized everything disney. It warms my heart.

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2010, 01:48:22 PM
I think this is going to be a must own. I love that they bastardized everything disney. It warms my heart.
As does mine. It's about time they showed a realistic portrayal of Disney. A dystopian run-down world where greed has destroyed everything.
Oh, and bonus points for the Runaway Brain Mickey photo.

Coolguy11

This looks like an interesting game. I have known Mickey for ages and it's weird seeing him with a new look. I love it! Hope this game lives up to the hype it has been getting. :P