<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Zelda Wii - Motion Plus Only

Started by Doodle, February 06, 2010, 01:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Oh, Nayr, how I love your opinions.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on February 20, 2010, 03:56:03 PM
Do you really expect they had flagship games ready RIGHT after the WM+ came out? Nintendo is original with its franchises, which take a long time to make. Other third parties implement the "darn thing" because their games don't take so much long to produce.
Original with there franchises? When they started yes, but like hell we haven't even seen a good new IP on the wii from nintendo. Captain Rainbow? Yeah, they were so confident about it that it turned out Japan-Only for starters.

Furthermore uh yes - It's been 7 months; When you release hardware you should show some support to it so people buy it. This is a piece of hardware that's had such little support or hype or well anything. Even with some of the titles out this year.

I wasn't going to buy this at 50$ anyways unless I play it and really enjoy it, an extra 20$ says "No." All over it If It doesn't come with WM+

Quote from: Customrobo13 on February 20, 2010, 03:04:20 PM
If the DSLite had better L and R buttons it would have been the perfect handheld. ;-;
Hardware wise or overall?

Regardless I agree; My favorite portable system right there to date.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Turok

gosh darn TK, you're on a roll with those awesome posts D:

But Nintendo is original to a point. They have a skewed sense of playing it safe.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Chrona

...I have only played a few Zelda games..I think the next one will be good..

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: TUROK on February 23, 2010, 04:36:29 PM
But Nintendo is original to a point. They have a skewed sense of playing it safe.
Especially this generation. Why is it such a big deal for them to play safe anyways? New Super Mario Bros Wii has already sold about 12M Copies; They just need those type of multiplayer titles every year or so and they'll at least break even (Which is the worst case scenario)

Quote from: Nayrman on February 20, 2010, 04:31:44 PM
long ass post
Great post but I must add in some things you forgot and typo'd-

First you have to consider what type of gamer you're considering; Say that gamer won't hack his wii - Chances are he won't pirate until the sun goes down either.

You made a typo in there; Say you spend 60$ on batteries and 60$ on controllers - You end out with 320$ which actually leads to being more expensive than the 360 and PS3 but since we added in a controller then let's add one in for the PS3 and the 360, which gives us about 320$ on the wii's expenses and 350$ on the 360/PS3

Then you have to consider other things you forgot to tact on. While the Wii does many things to a wrong/mediocre standpoint it has backwards compatibility to the Gamecube. 360 got it pretty close in that department but lacks a few titles however it probably wouldn't matter to the average gamer what those titles are anyways. PS3...You're assuming the person gets a new one thus leaving them to only the virtual market with backtracking. Compatibility is shockingly a huge thing for people who travel a lot like me or for those who never got to own the previous console. For the gamer we're assuming here however it sounds like something to not factor in.

Now on the virtual market that's another thing to touch up on - That's another thing to factor in. Granted I don't focus much on backtracking but it's worth noting for the buyer what compatibilities those contain. Speaking of which If you don't have an SD Card by any chances, your data gets intercourse ed with the Wii. On the other hand all you have to do with XBL and PSN is push the sign in button for at least what you've purchased.

I've forgotten some bits but with consoles leads down to a lot of factors this generation and not just looking at the pretty price tag. In short, you're still correct because your main point is "Just because it has the cheaper price tag doesn't mean you get to magically justify this"

speaking of which why the hell does zelda need super accurate controls anyways.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Nayrman

Quote from: Third K on February 25, 2010, 12:15:27 PM
Great post but I must add in some things you forgot and typo'd-

First you have to consider what type of gamer you're considering; Say that gamer won't hack his wii - Chances are he won't pirate until the sun goes down either.

Hacking on every disc based system is inevitable. I didn't throw it in since it is something most average users don't know or won't be capable of doing. Sure, WE can do it, but for the parents picking out the console for their kids or just the average dude on the street, it's basically a non-issue.

You made a typo in there; Say you spend 60$ on batteries and 60$ on controllers - You end out with 320$ which actually leads to being more expensive than the 360 and PS3 but since we added in a controller then let's add one in for the PS3 and the 360, which gives us about 320$ on the wii's expenses and 350$ on the 360/PS3

No, I didn't add any to the 360/PS3, as I simply subtracted the cost of their controllers from the Wii's controllers. I honestly don't know the price of any given 360/PS3 controller, so I basically rounded it out to about a 10 dollar difference. That's where that number came from. My math may or may not have been COMPLETELY accurate (depending on controller prices, etc.), but I think it's a good rough estimate to know what you're getting into.

Then you have to consider other things you forgot to tact on. While the Wii does many things to a wrong/mediocre standpoint it has backwards compatibility to the Gamecube. 360 got it pretty close in that department but lacks a few titles however it probably wouldn't matter to the average gamer what those titles are anyways. PS3...You're assuming the person gets a new one thus leaving them to only the virtual market with backtracking. Compatibility is shockingly a huge thing for people who travel a lot like me or for those who never got to own the previous console. For the gamer we're assuming here however it sounds like something to not factor in.

Backwards compatibility is, frankly, a very overrated concept in terms of home consoles. Portable systems, yes, complain all you want as it means more poop to carry around with you. However, for the home market, it's not a big deal. Is backwards Cube compatibility a plus? Sure. But frankly most of the Wii's audience is new gamers, so they're not likely to pick up a Cube controller, Memory Card, and game. Odds are they're just not interested in it. So, if you have all the required stuff to play Cube games, odds are you bought a Gamecube when it was out. PS3/360 backwards compatibility may be an issue, but for MOST of the library, you can get essentially the same games on the newer systems. Although I can understand where you are coming from on this.

Now on the virtual market that's another thing to touch up on - That's another thing to factor in. Granted I don't focus much on backtracking but it's worth noting for the buyer what compatibilities those contain. Speaking of which If you don't have an SD Card by any chances, your data gets intercourse ed with the Wii. On the other hand all you have to do with XBL and PSN is push the sign in button for at least what you've purchased.

And that my friend, is why WII need a intercourse ing HARD DRIVE! Oh, and an online system that doesn't suck balls. Second your system fries all your games are gone that you downloaded. So yea, thanks Nintendo.

I've forgotten some bits but with consoles leads down to a lot of factors this generation and not just looking at the pretty price tag. In short, you're still correct because your main point is "Just because it has the cheaper price tag doesn't mean you get to magically justify this"

speaking of which why the hell does zelda need super accurate controls anyways.

Why does it need super accurate controls? Because the sword "fighting" (more like sword FLAILING) in Twilight Princess was GOD AWFUL. Sure, the bow/arrow and claw shot were fine since they're just point and click, but any sort of sword fighting lost any and all grace when flailing your arm got involved.

Thirdkoopa

I'll just reply on what I have something to say on;

Hacking is inevitable but the point boils down to how you can easily backtrack on that system If you don't care for that stuff. However If we're just discussing the casual gamer in this situation then it hardly does matter to most of em - May matter to some who become core in the future but that's probably a small population.

I completely agree on the whole HD thing. I shouldn't be forced to have to back them up on my laptop and only feeling safe that way; It's just an awful design. At least let third-parties allow there HD's in.

Fair enough - I can hardly remember but I remember playing with my friend on the GC version so I don't quite know why it needed it in the first place. Then again I hardly ever play many wii games that require even flailing around.

2-D

I'm not too thrilled about having to buy an attachment to play the game. But I'm a huge fan of the series and I honestly can't wait for the next one  =D