News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Nibankari (Posting ready, SIGN-UPS CLOSED FOR NOW)

Started by X_Hero, December 17, 2007, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils_13

Ryuki made them melt. The water trickled down the tree.

"And you already saw a bit of what I can do with wind magic." he said proudly.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 04:37:35 PM
Ryuki made them melt. The water trickled down the tree.

"And you already saw a bit of what I can do with wind magic." he said proudly.
"Wow... Well, the closet I can get to that is the aim I have with my pistol." Akutai stated. He was actually very good with his pistol. One time, he had hit a post from about 150 feet away. Akutai wasn't sure how good he was now.

Nils_13

"Then let's find out how good you are." Ryuki replied. He formed a pillar of ice in front of him, about up to his chest.

"Are you ready?" he asked, getting ready to fire ice discs into the air.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 04:46:38 PM
"Then let's find out how good you are." Ryuki replied. He formed a pillar of ice in front of him, about up to his chest.

"Are you ready?" he asked, getting ready to fire ice discs into the air.
Akutai pulled out his pistol and readied it.

"Yeah, I'm ready." Akutai replied to Ryuki. He was just waiting for whatever was going to come up.

Nils_13

"Good." Ryuki replied, before mouthing more words in the different language. Waves of sharp, powerful air blasts began slicing the ice into discs. They flew several feet up into the air.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 04:52:34 PM
"Good." Ryuki replied, before mouthing more words in the different language. Waves of sharp, powerful air blasts began slicing the ice into discs. They flew several feet up into the air.
Without hesitation, Akutai began to fire off the pistol, each bullet whizzing through the air. One by one, they each shattered the ice discs, sending the fragments tinkling to the ground. Akutai waved the pistol below his waist to get rid of the smoke. Blowing off the smoke seemed a little cliched and a sign of bragging to him.

Nils_13

"My, my. You're a sharpshooter. And a good one at that." Ryuki said, looking at the fragments of ice scattered across the ground.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 04:58:20 PM
"My, my. You're a sharpshooter. And a good one at that." Ryuki said, looking at the fragments of ice scattered across the ground.
"Well, I've been practicing ever since..." Akutai began, but stopped himself. He thought a moment. "... Well, ever since the meteor shower..." He was about to mention his father, but stopped just in time before any questions arose.

Nils_13

"Well you learned fast." Ryuki replied, sitting back down against the tree.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 05:03:53 PM
"Well you learned fast." Ryuki replied, sitting back down against the tree.
"Yeah, I guess I did." Akutai replied as he sat down as well.

"Great... Now I'm thinking of him again..." Akutai thought to himself.

Nils_13

Ryuki pulled out his staff and began to polish the orb resting on the top of it.

"Were you self taught? Or did you have a teacher?" Ryuki started to wonder. He had always been called a prodigy at the Library, but he never really thought of himself as one.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 05:11:05 PM
Ryuki pulled out his staff and began to polish the orb resting on the top of it.

"Were you self taught? Or did you have a teacher?" Ryuki started to wonder. He had always been called a prodigy at the Library, but he never really thought of himself as one.
"Well, I was self taught..." Akutai began. "I happened to have enough money for a pistol one day, so I bought one out of the local store. It really wasn't that hard for me to handle, so I learned fast. The same for my sword here" He rested his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Nils_13

"Oh? You wield a sword as well?" Ryuki asked, as he inspected his polishing job on his staff. It gleamed in the light.

X_Hero

Quote from: Nils_13 on December 28, 2007, 05:17:25 PM
"Oh? You wield a sword as well?" Ryuki asked, as he inspected his polishing job on his staff. It gleamed in the light.
"Yeah. Here..." Akutai said. He drew the sword out of its sheath. The metal of the blade was slightly tinted blue, and glistened rather than shone. "I actually found this... Not quite sure who it might have belonged to."

Nils_13

"Oh, wow. This sword is extremely well crafted. Whoever lost it sure did lose a treasure." Ryuki was amazed at the work of the sword. He ran a finger down the middle of the blade. The light danced off of it, causing little beams of light to hit the grass near them, even though they were in a shaded spot.

"Here," Ryuki said, handing Akutai his book and staff, "I don't normally do this, but you can see my book and staff." he said, handing them to him, along with the sword.