News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

DGND3300 corrupted firmware problem

Started by Zero, November 11, 2010, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

The power went out during a firmware update so now my DGND3300 is completely useless, and when turned on the power light simply alternates between green and red lights.

I've tried NETGEAR support but unfortunately they expect you to pay for customer service, which is something I'm most definitely not supporting. So after searching around the net using my old, crappy, Zyxxel gateway I found a way to fix it only to end up with a "pid error". Let me explain.

I've tried the "setting up a static IP method" by using 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0 as a static IP and subnet mask and when I open a browser I do get prompted to update the firmware, which I downloaded from the NETGEAR website, it is the most current firmware. I also tried downloading the second most current firmware, .41 I believe. Unfortunately after about a minute or two of updating to either firmware(which it may not even be doing since apparently you're supposed to get a status bar and I just get a blank page), the page refreshes again and there are two words at the top left hand corner of the screen.

"pid error"

Now I have no idea what that means, and I won't even pretend to.

As for if my gateway is under warranty, I don't believe it is. I purchased this during the first quarter of 2010, if I recall correctly.

Any help would be most appreciated, as this problem is not only ruining my internet speed but my Xbox Live playability as well.

Thank you

Silverhawk79

So the internet currently works, but the router is making it extremely slow, or what?
Also you probably already tried, but how about this?

Zero

Yeah basically, my NETGEAR has corrupted firmware and won't function. To access the internet I whipped out an old Zyxxel router, this is the router I'm using right now but this router is so unbelievably terrible that its only real use is for situations like this.

What I'm trying to do is figure out how to fix my NETGEAR's firmware, so I can use it again. Because frankly its the best gateway I've ever had, and yeah I'd buy another one but I don't have the cash.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Zero on November 11, 2010, 12:15:01 PM
Yeah basically, my NETGEAR has corrupted firmware and won't function. To access the internet I whipped out an old Zyxxel router, this is the router I'm using right now but this router is so unbelievably terrible that its only real use is for situations like this.

What I'm trying to do is figure out how to fix my NETGEAR's firmware, so I can use it again. Because frankly its the best gateway I've ever had, and yeah I'd buy another one but I don't have the cash.
Should still be under warranty, unless Netgear doesn't have 1-year warranties.
Netgear's site says it's got a 1-year warranty. You could probably RMA it and have it fixed.

Zero

I should have mentioned that I've been down that route. They want you to prove the date you bought it with the sales receipt, and I have no idea where it is.

Oh well. Something will turn up I guess.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Zero on November 11, 2010, 12:39:26 PM
I should have mentioned that I've been down that route. They want you to prove the date you bought it with the sales receipt, and I have no idea where it is.

Oh well. Something will turn up I guess.
That's...inconvenient.
http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1488256