News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

No Wii's till Feb =(

Started by Kita, December 28, 2007, 07:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kita

Well I finally saved up enough money to buy a Wii, but when I called the stores in my area they told me I won't be able to get one till February at the earliest.  It's unbelievable how popular this system is. o_O  Has there ever been a time in gaming history that a system was this hard to get? I mean it's been out for over a year now! You would think Nintendo would have made enough by now. :(

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Retequis

They had a hard enough time keeping 'em on the shelf in the summer.  They weren't prepared for how popular it'd get during the holidays.  However, it could be a marketing ploy to try and make the Wii sound harder to get than it is, meaning cost can rise without many making a complaint about it.

My advice:  Keep saving, because once February comes, you can assume prices will be jacked up, especially with the release of Brawl around the corner.

__THAT__GUY__

Quote from: Retequis on December 28, 2007, 07:38:06 AM
They had a hard enough time keeping 'em on the shelf in the summer.  They weren't prepared for how popular it'd get during the holidays.  However, it could be a marketing ploy to try and make the Wii sound harder to get than it is, meaning cost can rise without many making a complaint about it.

My advice:  Keep saving, because once February comes, you can assume prices will be jacked up, especially with the release of Brawl around the corner.

Prices jacked up? I seriously doubt Nintendo would raise the price of the Wii.

Kita

They had a hard enough time keeping 'em on the shelf in the summer.  They weren't prepared for how popular it'd get during the holidays.  However, it could be a marketing ploy to try and make the Wii sound harder to get than it is, meaning cost can rise without many making a complaint about it.

My advice:  Keep saving, because once February comes, you can assume prices will be jacked up, especially with the release of Brawl around the corner.

OMG you're right! I forgot about Brawl.  GRRRRRRRRRRRR that means I probably won't be able to get a wii till like the summer.  I don't like fighting games so I don't plan to get Brawl, but I'm sure that more will get a wii because of that game. -_-

www.vortexshadow.com

Retequis

Quote from: __THAT__GUY__ on December 28, 2007, 07:39:35 AM

I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it's a possibility, and it'd be a good way to increase revenue while keeping production the same.

__THAT__GUY__

Quote from: Retequis on December 28, 2007, 07:45:52 AM

I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it's a possibility, and it'd be a good way to increase revenue while keeping production the same.

It's also a good way to piss off some grandmas. Nintendo wouldn't do that.

Kita

Quote from: __THAT__GUY__ on December 28, 2007, 07:47:44 AM

I agree with Guy.  Nintendo isn't the kind of company to do such a thing.  They have always been the first to lower prices not raise them.

www.vortexshadow.com

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 07:50:30 AM

I agree with Guy.  Nintendo isn't the kind of company to do such a thing.  They have always been the first to lower prices not raise them.

I'm sure Nintendo won't do that, but retailers?

__THAT__GUY__

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 28, 2007, 07:59:33 AM
Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 07:50:30 AM

It won't happen.

Kita

That's a whole different story.  Big stores like Walmart or EB games and so forth can't because they are company owned stores.  They have signed agreements with the distributer.  This much I know because I work for a company that distributes to big stores for retail sales.  However, small stores that are owned by individuals can mark up prices however they please.  Yet this is why you wouldn't buy a high ticket item like a wii from a small mom and pop store.  Amazon.com isn't regulated either so new systems are over $400

www.vortexshadow.com

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 08:02:46 AM

That's a whole different story.  Big stores like Walmart or EB games and so forth can't because they are company owned stores.  They have signed agreements with the distributer.  This much I know because I work for a company that distributes to big stores for retail sales.  However, small stores that are owned by individuals can mark up prices however they please.  Yet this is why you wouldn't buy a high ticket item like a wii from a small mom and pop store.  Amazon.com isn't regulated either so new systems are over $400

But those big retailers can and will make bundles at incredibly high prices, and people will be forced to either buy those or wait for the next shipment, and many people are impatient...

Trini

The Gamestops in your area (if there are any) aren't doing reservations again? I thought all of them were doing it till Jan 25th. Mine are.

Kita

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 28, 2007, 08:06:38 AM
Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 08:02:46 AM

But those big retailers can and will make bundles at incredibly high prices, and people will be forced to either buy those or wait for the next shipment, and many people are impatient...

This is true, but they still don't jack the price because they can't.  They just give you a bunch of junk you don't want.

www.vortexshadow.com

Kita

Quote from: Trini on December 28, 2007, 08:12:36 AM
The Gamestops in your area (if there are any) aren't doing reservations again? I thought all of them were doing it till Jan 25th. Mine are.

Yes they are, but they are all out of reservations too.  They were given a set number of reservations.

www.vortexshadow.com