No Wii's till Feb =(

Started by Kita, December 28, 2007, 07:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 08:16:53 AM
Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 28, 2007, 08:06:38 AM
Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 28, 2007, 07:59:33 AM

I'm sure Nintendo won't do that, but retailers?

That's a whole different story.  Big stores like Walmart or EB games and so forth can't because they are company owned stores.  They have signed agreements with the distributer.  This much I know because I work for a company that distributes to big stores for retail sales.  However, small stores that are owned by individuals can mark up prices however they please.  Yet this is why you wouldn't buy a high ticket item like a wii from a small mom and pop store.  Amazon.com isn't regulated either so new systems are over $400

But those big retailers can and will make bundles at incredibly high prices, and people will be forced to either buy those or wait for the next shipment, and many people are impatient...

This is true, but they still don't jack the price because they can't.  They just give you a bunch of junk you don't want.

Still, it's a sneaky way of getting more money out of people.

Ridley

Oh that isn't good. I had one since February
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Trini

Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 08:17:37 AM
Quote from: Trini on December 28, 2007, 08:12:36 AM
The Gamestops in your area (if there are any) aren't doing reservations again? I thought all of them were doing it till Jan 25th. Mine are.

Yes they are, but they are all out of reservations too.  They were given a set number of reservations.
Wow. =/

__THAT__GUY__

Quote from: Trini on December 28, 2007, 08:29:04 AM
Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 08:17:37 AM
Quote from: Trini on December 28, 2007, 08:12:36 AM
The Gamestops in your area (if there are any) aren't doing reservations again? I thought all of them were doing it till Jan 25th. Mine are.

Yes they are, but they are all out of reservations too.  They were given a set number of reservations.
Wow. =/

It's probably a good thing that they did that. That way they don't have a lot of mad of customers that made reservations and still didn't get a system.

Kita

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 28, 2007, 08:19:48 AM

That's a whole different story.  Big stores like Walmart or EB games and so forth can't because they are company owned stores.  They have signed agreements with the distributer.  This much I know because I work for a company that distributes to big stores for retail sales.  However, small stores that are owned by individuals can mark up prices however they please.  Yet this is why you wouldn't buy a high ticket item like a wii from a small mom and pop store.  Amazon.com isn't regulated either so new systems are over $400

But those big retailers can and will make bundles at incredibly high prices, and people will be forced to either buy those or wait for the next shipment, and many people are impatient...

This is true, but they still don't jack the price because they can't.  They just give you a bunch of junk you don't want.

Not sneaky really.  They just take advantage of the peoples impatiens  ;)

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

gbwyoshi

Well you could just con someone out of money to get the wii bundles.

Or look at all the off the wall store locations in your area. One Office Depot in my town was selling 20 Wii's for a week

Kita

Quote from: gbwyoshi on December 28, 2007, 08:50:18 AM
Well you could just con someone out of money to get the wii bundles.

Or look at all the off the wall store locations in your area. One Office Depot in my town was selling 20 Wii's for a week

I don't con people.  I want to get it from EB/Gamestop because I have a card there with $74 on it and I want to trade my GCN with it.

www.vortexshadow.com

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 08:47:33 AM
Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 28, 2007, 08:19:48 AM

Not sneaky really.  They just take advantage of the peoples impatiens  ;)

I call that sneaky! :P

ZGDK

Nintendo needs to correct the shortage. This is BS. The system has been out for a year now.

Kita

Quote from: ZGDK on December 28, 2007, 12:16:18 PM
Nintendo needs to correct the shortage. This is BS. The system has been out for a year now.

I like your sig :P

www.vortexshadow.com

ThePowerOfOne

Man am I glad I got mine on release...

ZGDK

Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 12:18:10 PM
Quote from: ZGDK on December 28, 2007, 12:16:18 PM

I like your sig :P

Why thank you. I wish I could make things like this:(

Nayrman

I suppose not...and ha ha I got one :P

But I had to fight tooth and nail for EB to give it to me. My mom and I had to nearly sock the clerk to get him to sell it to us X_X

Rius

My mom bought one right when the new shipment came in last year.

WiiGuy

that's about how long i had to wait.

i think it was 1 1/2 months though.