News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

so we had a fire in our school today

Started by Zovistograt, February 28, 2008, 12:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

At the beginning of Physics class, one of the people from the science department came into our doorway and asked our teacher if he had a fire extinguisher, because "there's a fire in the boy's bathroom" which is diagonally across from our room.  He went and got a fire extinguisher and put it out, followed by a long applause from the class.  It turns out that someone somehow managed to set a plastic soap dispenser on fire, so the science wing smelled of burning plastic for the rest of the period.  No fire alarms or anything, just talking about it like it was when they were going to meet to have lunch that day.  It's ironic that we have so many false instances where the fire alarm is pulled but there's no fire, but when there actually IS a fire it's not pulled.

So basically my Physics teacher saved our school.  Sort of.

...when's the last fire you had in your school?  Was the fire alarm pulled?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

JMV

We used a tesla coil to set some paper on fire.

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Silverhawk79

I think we had a power outage and a fire the same day. I can't recall what caused the fire.

...Actually, a more recent one.

They said they were testing the fire alarms, and asked teachers to ignore them.
The fire alarms went off...but there was a real fire in the kitchen. Everyone but my class evacuated.

Triforceman22

I remember one time in grade school where someone lit a plastic pop bottle on fire.
He lit it, and threw it at the teacher. O_o
then he ran like hell. XD

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Zovistograt

Quote from: Triforceman22 on February 28, 2008, 01:25:39 PM
I remember one time in grade school where someone lit a plastic pop bottle on fire.
suspended/expelled?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 28, 2008, 12:53:43 PM
At the beginning of Physics class, one of the people from the science department came into our doorway and asked our teacher if he had a fire extinguisher, because "there's a fire in the boy's bathroom" which is diagonally across from our room.  He went and got a fire extinguisher and put it out, followed by a long applause from the class.  It turns out that someone somehow managed to set a plastic soap dispenser on fire, so the science wing smelled of burning plastic for the rest of the period.  No fire alarms or anything, just talking about it like it was when they were going to meet to have lunch that day.  It's ironic that we have so many false instances where the fire alarm is pulled but there's no fire, but when there actually IS a fire it's not pulled.

So basically my Physics teacher saved our school.  Sort of.

...when's the last fire you had in your school?  Was the fire alarm pulled?
My school never ever had a fire....

Pre school Middle School, High School.......nope, not a fire.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 28, 2008, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on February 28, 2008, 01:25:39 PM
suspended/expelled?

suspended for two weeks. ^_^

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Cardinal

We haven't had an actual fire yet.

We have had checmical leaks at the railyard across the street, though. :x

Anarchy_Jas

Closest I've been to a fire in school was when my 6th Grade science teacher drenched a dollar bill in alcohol, then set it on fire. The alcohol evaporated, ad the fire went out.

More recently, in Chemistry, I mixed some hydrochloric acid with some zinc, collected the gas in a test tube, then lit a wooden stick on fire and put it in the test tube. It didn't catch on fire, but it combusted... it sounded like an exploding puppy. 0.o
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

TheDarkChief

I had a fire in the microwave at school once.

The staff panicked for the rest of that day. It was funny.

Zovistograt

Quote from: TheDarkChief on February 28, 2008, 07:04:45 PM

did you put a lit match in some aluminum foil and a glass over it?

:B

Red

Quote from: Sh0rTi on February 28, 2008, 06:19:10 PM
Closest I've been to a fire in school was when my 6th Grade science teacher drenched a dollar bill in alcohol, then set it on fire. The alcohol evaporated, ad the fire went out.

More recently, in Chemistry, I mixed some hydrochloric acid with some zinc, collected the gas in a test tube, then lit a wooden stick on fire and put it in the test tube. It didn't catch on fire, but it combusted... it sounded like an exploding puppy. 0.o
How do you know what one of them sound like? o.O

:P

CHUNKYBOWSER

There has never been a fire at any of my schools.  :P It must of sucked though since you didn't get to go home.

TheDarkChief

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 28, 2008, 07:06:31 PM
Quote from: TheDarkChief on February 28, 2008, 07:04:45 PM

did you put a lit match in some aluminum foil and a glass over it?

:B
A paper towel and something else I can't remember.

LinkXLR

The last fire at our school was the bonfire....boy was it big. :O

Sooooo much fun. As long as your not in band....:x

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR