News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

OK Toonami killed Blue Dragon

Started by Geno, March 29, 2008, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

I was excited when I heard that the video game Blue Dragon would be an actual Anime on Toonami. I loved the game so much.

I almost threw up at how much they butchered it.
Shu's voice sounds waaaay off
The story was changed drastically. Shu aquired his shadow on accident instead of the video game where he was told to swallow the orbs to gain his power
Characters that are introduced way later in the game are in the first episode (Zola)
Also Jiro has a completely different personality. It's intercourse ing awful

God dangit did they have to change the Blue Dragon universe so much?  :|

Anarchy_Jas

News Flash!

Toonami killed/kills everything! *CoughSailorMoonespeciallyCough*
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

えっちーせんぱい

Kris

Last I checked Toonami was a programming block. They air the shows, not adapt them.

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: Kris on March 29, 2008, 10:48:07 PM
Last I checked Toonami was a programming block. They air the shows, not adapt them.

Oh yeah, they do... lemme reword that...

Toonami airs shows that the dubbing companies kill/intercourse  up completely. *CoughSailorMoonespeciallyCough*

"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Silly_Penguin

Quote from: Sh0rTi on March 29, 2008, 10:54:45 PM

Toonami airs shows that the dubbing companies kill/intercourse  up completely. *CoughSailorMoonespeciallyCough*

Well, at least they didn't kill Rurouni Kenshin (in my opinion) back when it was airing. And even though i have all three seasons, they shouldn't of taken it off the air (along with their older shows which completely OWN what they air now). Well, to stop a rant, i'm just going to say, they should be airing their older programs instead of a lot of their new ones.

Friendly Hostile

Cartoon Network/Adult Swim air nothing but poop dubs anyways.  Go find a decent sub first.

The only exception to this would have to be Cowboy Bebop and FLCL, which were dubbed excellently.

Riosan

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on March 30, 2008, 11:45:10 AM
Cartoon Network/Adult Swim air nothing but s*** dubs anyways.  Go find a decent sub first.

The only exception to this would have to be Cowboy Bebop and FLCL, which were dubbed excellently.

Evangelion :(

Of course, I can't vouch for the Japanese version, that story is so convoluted, I can barely understand it in my native language.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Tupin

Since when does CN air good dubbed anime anyway?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Riosan on March 30, 2008, 11:46:46 AM
Evangelion :(

Of course, I can't vouch for the Japanese version, that story is so convoluted, I can barely understand it in my native language.
I've never gotten around to watching it, mainly for that exact reason.

Avion-Finch

You where excited over an anime being made for a game?
learn not to :P

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on March 30, 2008, 10:57:40 AM
Quote from: Sh0rTi on March 29, 2008, 10:54:45 PM

Well, at least they didn't kill Rurouni Kenshin (in my opinion) back when it was airing. And even though i have all three seasons, they shouldn't of taken it off the air (along with their older shows which completely OWN what they air now). Well, to stop a rant, i'm just going to say, they should be airing their older programs instead of a lot of their new ones.

They moved Ruroni to Adult Swim.

I usually prefer Manga's to animine anyway.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Tupin

Quote from: Oren on March 30, 2008, 03:37:37 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on March 30, 2008, 11:48:50 AM
Since when does CN air good dubbed anime anyway?
i know i know never~
They aired 4 Kids One Piece.

So yeah, I am right.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .