News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Hector's Salvation- Endgame

Started by HTA!, February 15, 2009, 09:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonicdude164

Maybe let's note vote for MYL, I mean he really hasn't done anything suspicious.

Doodle

Um, no. If you guys want to live, you'll kill off MYL. He's a monster.
YEAH

HTA!

I apologize for the lateness... I had a lot of things to take care of today.

----------------------

The thoughts in Hector's head were black. He walked around in a daze, his maps littered all over the ground of his hut. He had taken care to always have 2 warriors with him when he walked around the village, which wasn't very often as of late.

He made his way to the gallows, for what he thought would be the final time. Noticeably fewer people showed up today... many had fled their homes. Hector knew they would all be dead by now. With scarcely a breath Hector collected the votes... a meager sum which he doubted would convict anyone. This was the innocents last chance.

And they blew it. Hector dropped the votes and stormed off to his hut, preparing for the worst. The people still at the gallows gathered around and saw that the few votes they had received were not conclusive. And so they all went back to their huts. Some crying, but most with a blank stare. As if this was the last day of their lives.

--------------------------

No one was executed. Hope for a miracle.

--------------------------

In despair, Hector picked up the note hanging on his doorway. With trembling fingers, he read it to himself:

Trial by fire, nothing but hope.
A blessing from God, a word from the Pope.

In the final hour, the blackness looms
But their is a way to send the evil to its doom.

A code once solved is called on again
By combining the digits of 3 more than ten.

With this next number, an answer you'll pluck
For with it is bound to help your luck.

Finally we stop at the end of the line.
The highest in value, it really is fine.

Done with this madness, the game is done.
That is of course, unless you...

-----------------------------

Good luck.

Doodle

Shoot. We just wasted that phase.
We're screwed over.
YEAH

SkyMyl

No one died? Um, what.

Unless we can solve the riddle, we're screwed.

Quote from: Doodle on February 28, 2009, 12:48:21 PM
Um, no. If you guys want to live, you'll kill off MYL. He's a monster.
How are you so sure I'm a monster? D=

HTA!

The night air was still as Doodle, Sonic, and oddly enough Brawling huddled around a fire.
They all held spears and knives, waiting for the worst.
Sonic looked at the others, a feeling of regret washing over him. If only he had...

Silence. Brawling raised his spear as he watched a few leaves move in the wind. It was nothing... or so he hoped. Hector stood nearby, a stare of blank disbelief etched across his face. They were the only ones left... the last line of defense. A small silver cross hung around Hector's neck... a dagger concealed within his cloak. He looked back on all that had happened. The needless hangings, the lack of trust between friends. Surely this wasn't happening. Hector swayed, and almost imagined he was on a ship. Maybe he was just asleep, maybe this was all a dream. Yes... that's it!

He must have gotten ill on the ship and they were out at sea. Only a fever would explain this madness, and all too soon he would wake up and laugh at these strange events. They didn't happen... he was just asleep.

And so it was all over before it began.
Doodle's throat was slit with a vicious slash from the shadows, and Sonic fell next without even the time to get on his feet.

The monsters, two of them, advanced slowly on Hector and Brawling from the tree just above Doodle and Sonic. Hector's dagger flashed from his cloak as he aimed for one of the beast's necks. His dagger bounced off harmlessly, and in a voice all too familiar the monster croaked, "This time you will not escape."
Hector broke out into a run as he heard Brawlin scream behind him. It hung in the air as he crashed through the brush.. not knowing where he was going. He heard howls and snarls behind him and looked back for only a second. The monsters would overtake him in a matter of second. Pulling out his cross, Hector muttered a few prayers and closed his eyes, still running furiously.

His head smashed into a piece of metal and he opened his eyes to behold a regimen of Spanish soldiers walking through the foliage. So the messenger had made it! No words were exchanged for Hector had fell exhausted to the soldiers feet. Swords flashed from scabbard and with lids half closed Hector watched the monsters retreat into the night. The soldiers explained that they had come running as the screams broke out, and that they had a ship waiting not 10 miles from where they were.

Hector smiled and released his clutch on the cross.
So God really was listening...

Hector passed out.

-------------------------
Sonic solved the riddle but failed to correctly guess one of the Monsters. Had he done so, both a monster and an innocent would have died on the night phase, and the game would have commenced.

However, because he guessed wrong any kill made tonight would have ended the game in a tie between factions, with the Monsters winning. (Sorry for not posting it, but when both factions are equal in number Monsters win)

MYL was the lead Monster, and Ridley was his cohort.
Sonic had the power to vote twice, and Brawling would gain this power should Sonic die.
Doodle could investigate one role per night, and would the innocents have listened to him the game might have turned out differently.

The answer to the riddle was "run".
Good game to all, thank you for playing.

sonicdude164

Quote from: The Wise Man on March 02, 2009, 07:17:04 PM
However, because he guessed wrong any kill made tonight would have ended the game in a tie between factions, with the Monsters winning. (Sorry for not posting it, but when both factions are equal in number Monsters win)
wat

Seriously that doesn't make sense. The innocents would have won if that was not true.

HTA!

Quote from: sonicdude164 on March 02, 2009, 07:24:32 PM
wat

Seriously that doesn't make sense. The innocents would have won if that was not true.

2 against 2, monsters vs. humans.
Monster win that fight, logically.
Otherwise, it would have ended with both sides chipping away at each other... and truthfully those who are left were fairly inactive throughout the game,

FruitFlow

It was my job as an outcast stay out of conversations, except in chat or if I had died.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

sonicdude164

Quote from: The Wise Man on March 02, 2009, 07:27:59 PM
wat

Otherwise, it would have ended with both sides chipping away at each other... and truthfully those who are left were fairly inactive throughout the game,

If it were 2v2, then we would have outvoted the monsters in the next lynching, with my special role. Then, the next night phase, the monsters would have killed off either me or SSBB, either of which would leave it 1v1 with the innocents have a player with 2 lynch votes, meaning they would outvote the final monster. So yeah we would have won.

HTA!

Quote from: sonicdude164 on March 02, 2009, 07:36:41 PM
Quote from: The Wise Man on March 02, 2009, 07:27:59 PM
wat

If it were 2v2, then we would have outvoted the monsters in the next lynching, with my special role. Then, the next night phase, the monsters would have killed off either me or SSBB, either of which would leave it 1v1 with the innocents have a player with 2 lynch votes, meaning they would outvote the final monster. So yeah we would have won.

Doesn't matter if I have set a circumstance for winning.

And here's a surprise...
Ridley had the ability to infect any kill the Monsters chose on the Night Phase, which would have made it 2-1 in favor of the Monsters.

Game over.

Java

Well I'm glad I didn't poison Doodle like I was planning on doing. ::)

Because you tried so hard to convince everyone, I thought you were the Werewolves themselves, Doodle. You acted a lot different in this game, than the last.

It was really my own fault I died anyway.
I barely made an effort at discovering the innocents/werewolves anyway.

Although, I did suspect Ridley when Red was revealed to be a baddie.

GreatGonzales106

I suspected you too, Doodle. Everything seemed to be pointing to you as a monster.

EDIT: New game anytime soon?

Red

Well then, everything worked out for the best. This one was actually pretty easy.

SkyMyl

Yes...I'VE WON AT LAST, I'VE ACTUALLY MADE IT TO THE END OF A WEREWOLF GAME WITHOUT DYING!!! (I prefer being an Innocent, though.)

Good game. Now then...who's making the next?