Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on February 14, 2013, 03:37:03 PM
they're definitely not going to do anything with religious connotations

Too late for that one.

Groudon=Behemoth
Kyogre=Leviathan
Rayquaza=Zi

but yeah I don't see it. Its a better polar opposite to Ghost than Spirit is though

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on February 14, 2013, 03:37:03 PM
they're definitely not going to do anything with religious connotations

eh they already got evolution going for em
we already lost that crowd

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Nayrman

Ok, well, IF it's a new type, and we're going with the Light/etc. Why not "Pure" type. It gets the "Holy" or "Light" connotations without being religious at all. Thinking it could be strong against Dark and Psychic (as psychics are still really OP) and be weak to say, Fighting (It's been conveyed that fighting beats dark because they're "honorable" and fight fair against tricksters) and one other type, poison maybe? (poison adds impurities).

Just my thoughts.

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on February 14, 2013, 02:44:54 PM
it doesnt looks any more like light than normal or flying (or dragon or bug of any of the other bullpoop i've seen popping up)
Well, let's look at colors, since every Eeveelution so far has matched the general color of its type (Flareon=fire/orange, Umbreon=dark/black, etc.) This thing is white and pink with a little bit of blue. If that doesn't say "Light" (or fairy/whatever fancy name GF might have up their sleeve) then I don't know what does.

I feel like people have been theorizing Light as a type since Gen II or III, to be honest, so it seems logical that we jump to that so quickly.

Quote from: Nayrman on February 14, 2013, 05:28:32 PM
Ok, well, IF it's a new type, and we're going with the Light/etc. Why not "Pure" type. It gets the "Holy" or "Light" connotations without being religious at all. Thinking it could be strong against Dark and Psychic (as psychics are still really OP) and be weak to say, Fighting (It's been conveyed that fighting beats dark because they're "honorable" and fight fair against tricksters) and one other type, poison maybe? (poison adds impurities).

Just my thoughts.
Psychic is actually a fairly poor defensive type now, so I don't think that would be necessary. It's weak to Bug, Ghost, and Dark, and while there aren't exactly super-powerful Ghost/Dark moves (ignoring the fact that common Psychic types are often defensively frail and can't take hits anyway) it would be more practical to just add some stronger Ghost/Dark moves than to throw in ANOTHER type that beats out Psychic.

But yeah, we could use another type that beats Dark. Or a type that's weak to Dark, honestly. If we had a "Light" type I feel it would be weak to Dark (maybe) and strong against Ghost (almost definitely), to start.

HOWEVER. If we do get a new type, above all I would like it if it was weak to Poison. That poor type only beats grass, and that isn't really a spectacular feat when Grass is [one of, if not] the most defensively weak type in the game. It would be nice if Poison gained a practical use on non-Poison type Pokemon. Just my opinion, there.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Well, the poison type is so effectively worthless because SO many grass types are also part poison. Hell, Tangela was the ONLY pure grass type in Gen 1, making all poison types effectively worthless in first gen.

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on February 14, 2013, 07:54:38 PM
This thing is white and pink with a little bit of blue. If that doesn't say "Light" (or fairy/whatever fancy name GF might have up their sleeve) then I don't know what does.

it screams "normal" to me

The Riddler

Quote from: Kayo on February 14, 2013, 07:54:38 PM
Well, let's look at colors, since every Eeveelution so far has matched the general color of its type (Flareon=fire/orange, Umbreon=dark/black, etc.) This thing is white and pink with a little bit of blue. If that doesn't say "Light" (or fairy/whatever fancy name GF might have up their sleeve) then I don't know what does.
holy intercourse  you're a hypocrite

Flying Chickens

I'm just going to say that you guys are way too involved in speculating about the type of a single Pokemon. A single god darn Pokemon.
And Fairy sounds like an overly poopty name for a type. So does light. They're already playing a busy game of type balancing, I think dropping in a new type with a stupid name isn't going to assist anything.

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on February 14, 2013, 08:44:16 PM
holy intercourse  you're a hypocrite

oh yeah i guess that is pretty funny seeing as he got all mad at you calling it normal because pink which honestly was one of the things i first thought of when i saw it

Quote from: Flying Chickens on February 14, 2013, 09:45:58 PM
I'm just going to say that you guys are way too involved in speculating about the type of a single Pokemon. A single god darn Pokemon.
And Fairy sounds like an overly poopty name for a type. So does light. They're already playing a busy game of type balancing, I think dropping in a new type with a stupid name isn't going to assist anything.

i agree
honestly i've never used an eevee or eeveelution in my life hahaha

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on February 14, 2013, 08:15:36 PM
Well, the poison type is so effectively worthless because SO many grass types are also part poison. Hell, Tangela was the ONLY pure grass type in Gen 1, making all poison types effectively worthless in first gen.
It's also the only attacking type that is only supereffective against one type, not counting Normal which doesn't beat anything and probably never will. And yeah, a good chunk of Grass types aren't even weak to it.

I'm still convinced that the fact that it was released so early (being the first non-starter, non-legendary Pokemon released in Gen VI) and without a brother Eeveelution means SOMETHING. I'm just not sure what.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on February 14, 2013, 10:07:45 PM
honestly i've never used an eevee or eeveelution in my life hahaha

Really? I've used all of them except Glaceon at one point or another; Espeon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, and Leafeon get the most use. Heck, either Espeon or Vaporeon are literally always on my team.

zephilicious

we can either not care and see what it is in 8 months. or we can spend that time having fun speculating.

i mean this is one of the most civil dicussions ive seen on here.  most people seem to enjoy this.
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on February 14, 2013, 08:15:36 PM

Poison has a key resistance to fighting man. Weezing was used a lot back in competitive RSE and was the best fighting counter in the game by far.

In Gen I, yeah, poison was useless. But we aren't in Gen I anymore.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on February 15, 2013, 11:05:33 AM
Poison has a key resistance to fighting man. Weezing was used a lot back in competitive RSE and was the best fighting counter in the game by far.

In Gen I, yeah, poison was useless. But we aren't in Gen I anymore.
I think we're talking about offensively worthless. In which case Poison is and always has been as such. Defensively it's actually a pretty good type, having only two weaknesses which are often nullified by secondary types or abilities. (Weezing, Drapion, etc.)

But offensively it's poor and there is absolutely no denying it. There's really no reason to use a Poison-type move unless you're getting STAB from it. Forget the added chance of Poison status, because for one, normal poison is probably the least harmful status effect in the game, and if you want poison you'll use Toxic which most Pokemon can learn.
[move][/move]