News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirwaddy

Quote from: The Riddler on May 15, 2013, 12:45:41 AM
Pancham... same name scheme as Medicham. Panda/cham whatever the intercourse  cham means

The derivation for -cham is primarily "champ". What I want to know is the pronunciation of this one. I don't know whether it's PAN-cham or pan-CHAM. I appreciated the official site giving the phonetics for the legendaries, it's a shame they didn't stick with that for all the others. Call me petty but I'm pretty anal about phonetics; I always want to make sure I'm saying it right.

Mona

Quote from: The Riddler on May 15, 2013, 12:45:41 AM
Pancham... same name scheme as Medicham. Panda/cham whatever the intercourse  cham means

Pancham = Punch 'em.

Zero

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 14, 2013, 03:41:38 PM
And BW2 were good. He was saying the hype for BW was bullpoop, because it was. Those games felt more like a setup for B2W2 than games themselves because they sucked.

Eh, I still liked BW a lot.

How did they suck?

The Riddler

Medicham is Medi-kam, right?

Will this be Pan-kam or Pan-CHam?

JrDude

It's either Panch-Am
or Pank-Am
[move][/move]
Dude .

Britz

Quote from: Kayo on May 14, 2013, 05:10:40 PM
Also, a little extra bit of news that seems everyone missed: Character limits are getting longer. Pokemon names can be at least 12 characters long and move names can be at least 16. Will probably change the spelling of some moves (like PoisonPowder) but shouldn't change the names of any existing Pokemon that have had their names squeezed into ten characters (Victreebel and Feraligatr).

I hope this is also true for naming your trainer. I hate not using my actual name, since it's one character over the 7-character limit.

zephilicious

god darn guys its english its PAN-cham this is not hard
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 09:28:43 AM
Eh, I still liked BW a lot.

How did they suck?

worst overworld of all the games + nothing new

boring formula with about as much story as the other games even though they hyped it to have more

meh tier game
bad pokemon game

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on May 15, 2013, 01:12:46 PM
worst overworld of all the games + nothing new

boring formula with about as much story as the other games even though they hyped it to have more

meh tier game
bad pokemon game

I liked the overworld. It was just as immersive if not more so than past games. Routes have ALWAYS been short. Nothing new? Did we even play the same game? There's lots of new things in Gen V that aren't in past gens.

Boring formula? It's Pokemon. I'm not sure what you expected going into it, but I expected to collect gym badges, stop some evil faggot, and beat the Pokemon League again. Nintendo games aren't exactly known for their deep and intricate stories man. You should have known they were just hyping it up.

The new Pokemon and new moves are enough to keep me interested in Gen V. I'm still not bored with it.

Sirwaddy

Quote from: The Riddler on May 15, 2013, 11:00:29 AM

-cham comes from champ, and I sure as hell hope you don't say that word like kamp.

Quote from: zephilicious on May 15, 2013, 12:41:35 PM

English is a intercourse ed up language sometimes which is why I was wondering which syllable had the emphasis.

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 01:39:59 PM
I liked the overworld. It was just as immersive if not more so than past games. Routes have ALWAYS been short. Nothing new? Did we even play the same game? There's lots of new things in Gen V that aren't in past gens.

Boring formula? It's Pokemon. I'm not sure what you expected going into it, but I expected to collect gym badges, stop some evil faggot, and beat the Pokemon League again. Nintendo games aren't exactly known for their deep and intricate stories man. You should have known they were just hyping it up.

The new Pokemon and new moves are enough to keep me interested in Gen V. I'm still not bored with it.

BW had nothing to offer. It had a new region but it wasn't really "immersive". It was linear as intercourse  and that made it very boring. He never said anything about the routes' length.

Exactly, the pokemon games have never been about story, yet this game put too much of a focus on that with N and Plasma when it's clearly not its strong suit. Additionally, everyone was levelled down a ton, and even the level 60s in the wild were weird because they were insanely weak.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 01:39:59 PM

the overworld is absolute poop in b&w
i expect at least a standard from pokemon
when it's not met it makes a bad pokemon game
they shouldn't hype up something they can't provide
especially when these had sequels that continued to lack a unique story
more so after how bland D&P were
they should've done something to make these interesting
and they didn't
disgusting

the only thing gen 5 did right was allow infinite TMs
the rest was basic as a basic ninny could be

Neerb

Quote from: The Riddler on May 15, 2013, 11:00:29 AM

Don't forget Makop, Makoke, and Makamp.

Quote from: zephilicious on May 15, 2013, 12:41:35 PM

^This. You pronounce it just like the word it comes from: PAN-da. Most of our words operate like this.

Though admittedly, NOA tends to be full of idiots when it comes to pronunciation. I spent years pronouncing Rayquaza RAY-qua-za like a moron before they enlightened me on the fact that it's pronounced "Ruh-QUAY-zuh." I mean, I don't know what I was thinking; it's not like I was basing my pronunciation on how it's SPELLED or the root-word RAY or anything.

Zero

Quote from: Custom on May 15, 2013, 02:33:15 PM
the overworld is absolute poop in b&w
i expect at least a standard from pokemon
when it's not met it makes a bad pokemon game
they shouldn't hype up something they can't provide
especially when these had sequels that continued to lack a unique story
more so after how bland D&P were
they should've done something to make these interesting
and they didn't
disgusting

the only thing gen 5 did right was allow infinite TMs
the rest was basic as a basic ninny could be

did you ever consider that maybe you're just tired of Pokemon?

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Neerb on May 15, 2013, 03:12:00 PM
Don't forget Makop, Makoke, and Makamp.

I laughed a lot at that.

Quote from: Neerb on May 15, 2013, 03:12:00 PM
You pronounce it just like the word it comes from: PAN-da. Most of our words operate like this.
Duh! I didn't even think of that, I mean that's what I do for all the other pokemon so I don't know why I even wondered for Pancham. Thank you.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 03:14:25 PM
did you ever consider that maybe you're just tired of Pokemon?

nah i find 6th gen interesting and really enjoyed heartgold and soulsilver despite not liking second gen as a kid

so i still like pokemon