News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on May 15, 2013, 08:56:35 PM
You're saying Heel - ee - ahp - tile, yes?

I'm thinking Hee-lee-ohp-tile.

If you understood how to pronouce "Helio", it'd make more sense to you. You know, like Helios, the god?

Hee-lee-op-tile.

The Riddler

Helio = Hee lee oh

So Hee lee oh(p) tile

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Kayo on May 12, 2013, 05:18:09 PM
You're obviously a closet genwunner you can stop denying it. Apparently Pokemon will never live up to your expectations.
For a high school kid, you're really a vagina.

Mona

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 10:44:11 PM
If you understood how to pronouce "Helio", it'd make more sense to you. You know, like Helios, the god?

Hee-lee-op-tile.

Problem is... "helio" has a hard O sound while "Helios" has a soft O sound.
And to make matters even more complicated, words like "heliophyte" are pronounced with an "uh" sound.

I've been saying it in my head like HEE-lee-ohp-tile. -Shrug-

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Mona on May 16, 2013, 10:02:18 AM
I've been saying it in my head like HEE-lee-ohp-tile. -Shrug-

Custom

oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Custom on May 16, 2013, 03:10:07 PM
oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Custom

Kayo

So apparently there's a handful of rumors coming from an "inside source" that was right about a bunch of stuff so far, so there's a little bit of merit to these, but they're still NOT confirmed and just rumors.

QuoteFairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
    Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
    Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
    The professor's English name is Patrice.
    The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
    The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
    A few attacks will be dual-typed.
    There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
    You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
    The author has also received English Pokemon names and much more, but has decided to withhold that information until the source's credibility is further proven.

Alright, let's talk hypotheticals.
The "Fairy" type is an awful name; I honestly wish they'd go the more general and subjective route and call it "Light," because I feel it could fit more Pokemon that way. Fairy is just... awfully specific. The type matchups are interesting, though. Psychic and Fire could have used a boost defensively, and now Psychic/Fire Pokemon will be the only ones to take a quarter damage from this type, so that's pretty cool. Also balances the offensive madness of the Dragon type with a full-on IMMUNITY here. And it's a type supereffective against Dragon, so fairies will be perfect Dragon counters. And Hydreigon will now have a 4x weakness. Shame.

Also, Poison and Steel are now much better offensively, formerly they were used ONLY for STAB because Poison beats nothing but Grass (which has four other weaknesses) and Steel only beats two of the five types Fighting also beats. So those two offensive types will get more use. BALANCE. I like it, especially for Poison.

Regarding Mawile, if this is true we lose one of our only pure Steel Pokemon, but Steel/Fairy is honestly a cool type. Fairy's supposed Poison weakness is completely nullified by Steel's immunity, there's a second immunity to Dragon, and... I just noticed this doesn't speculate what Fairy will  take half damage from. Huh.

Mewtwo has TWO new formes? Ugh.

Starter evolution typings: a reversed type-matchup triangle. Every starter can score supereffective hits on BOTH others using just its STAB moves. Not a big fan of that myself but it was pretty inevitable. Chespin I can't see as gaining a Dark type, but Froakie could totally evolve into a Fighting type and Fennekin has been speculated by wishful fans to be Fire/Psychic... which becomes a cool type with the alleged intro of the Fairy type, so that's pretty cool.

Dual typed attacks? I thought about this back in like, Gen III with Blaze Kick, then quickly realized how awful that idea would be. I'm really not okay with this, but it's better than triple typing.

And more English names? We don't... have any unnamed Pokemon... yet.

ANYWAY, That's the rumor. Absolutely NOTHING is confirmed, but this "source" has a tinge of credibility due to being right about something in the past... If you remember in Gen V a similar situation happened when some source leaked a full list of English names...that turned out to all be correct. So we'll see where this one goes.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Sirwaddy

If we have to get a new type i'd much rather prefer Fairy over Light. The latter has been murdered to death by a ton of fans and all their fan games for the series and bringing a fanmade concept into the official franchise will really irk me.

That said, Fairy isn't all that great a name either but it's the lesser of two evils. They've withheld Sylveon's typing for too long and it's been so overhyped I don't even care if we're getting a nee type or not.

Just show me more Pokemon and gameplay.

Custom

i'd much rather have light
fairy really doesn't fit in well with these games
light at least makes a little sense

Kayo

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 16, 2013, 07:29:20 PM
If we have to get a new type i'd much rather prefer Fairy over Light. The latter has been murdered to death by a ton of fans and all their fan games for the series and bringing a fanmade concept into the official franchise will really irk me.

That said, Fairy isn't all that great a name either but it's the lesser of two evils. They've withheld Sylveon's typing for too long and it's been so overhyped I don't even care if we're getting a nee type or not.

Just show me more Pokemon and gameplay.
I dunno, I have to agree with Custom on this one. Light seems way more "Pokemon" than Fairy does.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Sirwaddy

I can see how it fits better than Fairy, but like I said I feel it's just been used and abused by a good chunk of the fanbase. It's long since become something I don't want just because so many people want it I guess.

Of the types I've heard speculated I'm most okay with Love. That's not to say I like it, but it's the most tolerable.

Kayo

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 16, 2013, 07:39:57 PM
I can see how it fits better than Fairy, but like I said I feel it's just been used and abused by a good chunk of the fanbase. It's long since become something I don't want just because so many people want it I guess.

Of the types I've heard speculated I'm most okay with Love. That's not to say I like it, but it's the most tolerable.
What honestly would that fit with? The Attract move and like, Luvdisc. It's even less usable than Fairy IMO.
[move][/move]