News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: JrDude 益 on May 17, 2013, 11:32:03 PM
Because there are 17 types, you're going to compare it to types that aren't even similar at all?
Makesno sense

are you dumb
there are 17 types
14 are poop like grass, steel, rock
3 are things like dragon, bug (things that are similar to fairy)
i guess there could be 4 if you counted fighting with the wierd poop but i don't
either way
one is clearly more dominant than the other kid
light would fit in the 14
it makes more sense

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

zephilicious

Quote from: JrDude 益 on May 17, 2013, 12:20:35 PM
I don't get why people are comparing "Fairy" with Steel and Grass, when the good comparisons would be Ghost and Dragon, which are things that don't really have an element to compare to, but more a being. It fits fine
But will still never happen.
but i compared it to both.

steel and grass work because just like fairy they're specific representations of a broader concept.
~~ <3

JrDude

Quote from: Custom on May 17, 2013, 11:50:50 PM
are you dumb
there are 17 types
14 are poop like grass, steel, rock
3 are things like dragon, bug (things that are similar to fairy)
i guess there could be 4 if you counted fighting with the wierd poop but i don't
either way
one is clearly more dominant than the other kid
light would fit in the 14
it makes more sense
Kinda I guess.
But it joining the other group makes it the SLIGHTEST ITTY BIT more even. Which is cool.
I don't care about the fact that it fits "better" one way or another. I'm just saying it makes sense and fits in fine.
Still won't happen.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mona

Quote from: Custom on May 17, 2013, 10:13:25 AM
light > fairy
go play an rpg you not-nerd

Psychic is already kind of like the Light type in Pokemon, though.

Custom

Quote from: Mona on May 18, 2013, 01:51:01 AM
Psychic is already kind of like the Light type in Pokemon, though.

i'm aware of that
i don't think fairy is doing any more of a justice as a type though
light is far more appropriate, especially outside of japan

Sirwaddy

Of course just rumors, but this info comes from a source who, back in February, told Pokebeach the correct English names of the four newest Pokemon. So it's at least interesting to read and might make good discussion...

The first set that's in this thread a few pages back:
[spoiler]

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor's English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
[/spoiler]

The rest of what the source told Pokebeach (released today):
[spoiler]

• Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.
  • A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.
  • A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
  • Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
  • Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
  • Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
  • HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.
  • Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
  • A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
  • Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
  • If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.
  • In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
[/spoiler]

RazorFilledCandy

I think I'm starting to be okay with a new type
I wish thi sgame was out now, I'm really excited for it
I just wish they would bring the pokewalker back

Sirwaddy

Zero

i used it for like three weeks

i think my shiny pichu is still trapped inside it and the battery is dead

Sirwaddy

I think I've got a wooper in there.

At the very least they could make an app of sorts or something in the game itself that lets the pedometer level up the pokemon.

Speaking of apps, depending on how much box space we get in X/Y I'd like a Ranch-esque storage app because the Wii one was helpful

Mona

No... please... no apps... apps are ruining my life...

The Riddler

Espurr could be a catified version of Espur, but I'm not relying on these sources yet.

Britz

Why is everyone getting so upset about "fairy" type? If anything, it's like ghost type.

Custom

Quote from: Britz on May 19, 2013, 07:35:21 PM
Why is everyone getting so upset about "fairy" type? If anything, it's like ghost type.
cuz it's poop and was bad in yu-gi-oh

Custom

and light type was cool as intercourse  in yu-gi-oh