News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

The E3 2012 Info and Discussion Thread

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, May 23, 2012, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Could do with having ABXY and the right stick switched, but I'm not playing an XBox.

In other words, I'm absolutely LOVING this new controller.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Me too, that's my only complaint, but I'm sure we'll get used to it.

DededeCloneChris

At least the A button isn't located down below.

Hero_of_Darkness

I'm loving that they're showing black consoles/controllers. Everything Wii at E3 2006 was white, and the only launch color was white. That's not the case this time, so I'm very hopeful that a black SKU will be available at launch.

Also, the console is the same size. If you were hoping for a built-in HDD, too bad.

Neerb

I'm starting to get the feeling that we're going to get our minds blown on Tuesday. They did a pre-conference presentation to show off a ton of stuff that could have been introduced at the show... But it can't just be to settle us in. It's like they wanted to get it all out of the way, and from the way they're talking it isn't for 3ds stuff. So, the show will probably be almost entirely games... Except Nintendo isn't one to devote such a long period of stage time to third parties when they have their own things that need showing.g off. So far I had been thinking we'll see a couple 1st party titles, but now I get the feeling we're gonna see something along the lines of the extensive 3ds introduction (even though they won't be available at launch).

Hero_of_Darkness

Yeah, everything is pointing to a intercourse ton of games being announced. It's going to be amazing. I suggest you keep an extra pair of pants nearby.

Well, except for Nayr and Zeph of course.

Tupin

I'd normally guess another retro revival, but what Nintendo franchise hasn't been revived by this point?

I have no idea what to expect, but there was a rumor of a Zelda HD collection.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Oh, I'm beyond looking forward to the games on Tuesday.

I Just find the network stuff pointless, since it's all so utterly pointless with little devices called computers, which will probably do all that but only faster. I'd rather see a full online GAMING service, not a bunch of stuff either every device can do, or a bunch of stuff no one will care about.

zephilicious

this controller is literally perfect for first person shooters and since thats 90% of the market good job nintendo.

of course for everything else switching the stick and buttons is a terrible idea.

Quote from: Tupin on June 03, 2012, 08:32:21 PM
I'd normally guess another retro revival, but what Nintendo franchise hasn't been revived by this point?

since brawl is the only reason kid icarus was revived, ice climbers is up next. or some other obscure character they dig up for the next smash bros.
~~ <3

Tupin

Non-specific action figure should be in a game.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on June 03, 2012, 08:52:08 PM
Oh, I'm beyond looking forward to the games on Tuesday.

I Just find the network stuff pointless, since it's all so utterly pointless with little devices called computers, which will probably do all that but only faster. I'd rather see a full online GAMING service, not a bunch of stuff either every device can do, or a bunch of stuff no one will care about.

At the same time, Nintendo actually making the Pro controller, turning the sliders into sticks, the black console/controllers, and putting so much work into online functionality is an indication that they're listening to fans and/or third-parties. When you look at the big picture, you can see that this is a big deal and represents a big change for Nintendo. From the looks of things, the only area where this console will be lacking is graphics, and even that won't matter as much as it did this gen if Wii U sells well enough in its first year that third-parties are forced to think twice about abandoning it.

The Riddler

Quote from: Tupin on June 03, 2012, 08:32:21 PM

I have no idea what to expect, but there was a rumor of a Zelda HD collection.
F-Zero. Ice Climbers. Mother (for intercourse s sake we need Mother)

Quote from: zephilicious on June 03, 2012, 09:20:32 PM
this controller is literally perfect for first person shooters and since thats 90% of the market good job nintendo.

of course for everything else switching the stick and buttons is a terrible idea.
The controller design is terrible. Moving your thumb down from the camera joystick for action buttons is terrible.

Neerb

Quote from: The Riddler on June 04, 2012, 06:07:30 AM
F-Zero. Ice Climbers. Mother (for intercourse s sake we need Mother)
The controller design is terrible. Moving your thumb down from the camera joystick for action buttons is terrible.

I'm pretty sure Mother's creator said the series was over. I'd just like the trilogy to be imported on a collector's disc or downloadable or something.

Also, zeph said it was good for shooters specifically, and I think the more comfortable right stick position would in fact help with those.

Anyways, while Star Fox and F-Zero need to come back ASAP, if they revive a really old game like Kid Icarus, I want either Ice Climbers or The Mysterious Murasame Castle. Also, I think ROB should start popping up in a whole bunch of random games like he did with Mario Mart DS and Brawl.

Neerb

New rumored Wii U line up includes a Zelda Gamecube HD trilogy, Kingdom Hearts super collection, a new Wave Race made by Retro, a new Nintendo ip, and more:
New Super Mario World - Nintendo
Pikmin 3 - Nintendo
Anguish Souls - Nintendo
The Legend of Zelda: HD Tripack (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Four Swords Adventures) - Greezo
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Konami
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (Twin Snakes, Sons of Liberty, Guns of the Patriots) - Konami
Resident Evil 6 - Capcom
Tekken 7 - Namco Bandai
Kingdom Hearts: Remembrance Collection (Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Birth by Sleep) - Square Enix
Assassin's Creed 3 - Ubisoft
Final Fantasy Racing - Square Enix
Dead Space 3 - EA
Mirror's Edge 2 - EA
Star Wave Race: Evolution - Retro Studios
Nintendogs + cats 2 - Nintendo
PES 2013 - Konami
TOMB RAIDER - Crystal Dinamics
Rayman Legends - Ubisoft

zephilicious

~~ <3