News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The E3 2012 Info and Discussion Thread

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, May 23, 2012, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

So how about that Microsoft press conference?

Not as much Kinect as I thought, but so much pointless stuff. Look, we've got MORE FPSs! Look, we've got MORE generic sports sims! Look, more streaming content you get online anyway! Oh, and the biggest joke of all, Internet Explorer.

Pathetic Microsoft, absolutely pathetic.

Neerb

Matt and Trey stole the show. Not only did South Park have the only interesting trailer, but I loved how they just laughed at Microsoft's suckiness right on stage during the conference.

Tupin

I'm surprised they would even show up, does that South Park RPG look any good?

All of the video apps companies have don't really appeal to me, mainly because there are so many other ways to do it. Focusing on it just seems like a way to admit that you really don't have what matters.

Who would ever use a console web browser extensively when you have a PC? Much less using IE?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Trey and Matt are hilarious live.

But yeah, the last two years have been god awful. IF all you care about is FPS's, I guess it was ok, but it's all the same poop that's already on the Xbox a million times over. And the streaming stuff is pointless, PC's are better equipped to handle that anyway. Besides, IE is the worst ever. Microsoft MUST be aware of how much of a joke that must be.

Tupin

Has Sony's conference started yet? They didn't exactly have a good week, their shares dropped below 1000 yen for the first time this week since the early 80's.

Neerb

Quote from: Tupin on June 04, 2012, 12:10:15 PM
Has Sony's conference started yet? They didn't exactly have a good week, their shares dropped below 1000 yen for the first time this week since the early 80's.

Sony conference starts at 9 eastern time tonight (It's 3 as I post this). EA and Ubisoft start soon, though.

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on June 03, 2012, 05:29:11 PM
Me too, that's my only complaint, but I'm sure we'll get used to it.
Exactly. Just stop whining about it and get used to it. It won't be hard to get used to at all.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on June 03, 2012, 07:35:32 PM
I'm loving that they're showing black consoles/controllers. Everything Wii at E3 2006 was white, and the only launch color was white. That's not the case this time, so I'm very hopeful that a black SKU will be available at launch.

Also, the console is the same size. If you were hoping for a built-in HDD, too bad.
I'm not racist, so I'll probably go after the black system. Was kinda upset when the black Wii was revealed long after I'd bought my white one.

Quote from: zephilicious on June 03, 2012, 09:20:32 PM
this controller is literally perfect for first person shooters and since thats 90% of the market good job nintendo.

of course for everything else switching the stick and buttons is a terrible idea.

since brawl is the only reason kid icarus was revived, ice climbers is up next. or some other obscure character they dig up for the next smash bros.
Stop being dumb.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Well, EA sucked balls. MORE generic first person shooters. MORE pointless sports games that change absolutely nothing every year, and basically a massive yawn fest. So EA is just releasing the same games they release every year.

Tupin

Ubisoft is in twenty minutes or so. Hopefully we'll see a lot about Rayman Legends and little about those Rabbids. Though Splinter Cell will probably take up a bit...

Neerb

Fingers crossed for Mr caffeine to host...

Nayrman

Quote from: Trevelyan on June 04, 2012, 03:00:42 PM
Fingers crossed for Mr caffeine to host...

Nope, just some annoying person backstage and totally isn't scripted horribly.

Tupin

So, Rayman Legends looks amazing and ZombiU is a stupid title to yet another generic zombie game. With all of this zombie stuff in popular media, I've actually heard that some people believe zombies as shown in fiction could be real.

That trailer for ZombiU was disturbing, would have been better if they had kept the original concept of making it intentionally cheesy instead of just plain cliche.

Nayrman

At least this conference has SOME games I'm interested in.

Rayman is intercourse ing awesome, and I'm sure Creed 3 will at least be solid.

Kayo

Rayman Legends is now a must-buy for me. I'm thoroughly impressed.

The rest of Ubisoft's conference kind of put me to sleep.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

stop circlejerking the sequels watch dogs is game of the show so far
~~ <3