News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The E3 2012 Info and Discussion Thread

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, May 23, 2012, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Paper Mario "Sticker Star" is such a disappointment. Stickers are now battle commands... in case no one gets it, Paper Mario is getting a card-based battle system like Chain of Memories and Metal Gear ACID.

Nayrman

My god that was lackluster. You had Pikmin 3 and that's IT!? WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH OF MARIO.

WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER FRANCHISES!?!?! Oh, youv'e got tons of third party support? *shows nothing but ports of games coming soon or games already out*

Yeah, that was intercourse ing awful Nintendo.

Qsmash

RIP in pace nintendo

It was fun while it lasted. ;_;

zephilicious

dman i came back hoping to argue to the intercourse  out of you and everyone hates nintendo now

brb turning into nintendo fanboy
~~ <3

Kayo

Awful lot of whining by you guys.

Quote from: zephilicious on June 04, 2012, 04:28:04 PM
stop circlejerking the sequels watch dogs is game of the show so far
I totally just missed that. Turned it off too early.

Quote from: Tupin on June 05, 2012, 10:30:29 AM
I hope for Nintendo's sake that Nintendo Land is more like Wii Sports and less like Wii Music.

Anyone else catch how that ZombiU zombify thing totally didn't work?
Most likely, and yeah.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on June 05, 2012, 11:33:40 AM
I hope you're right. I want it to flop, Iwata and Reggie to get fired, and Nintendo to go third-party.
Your pessimism is pretty annoying. The Wii didn't have much going for it when it first came out, yet it managed to become successful regardless of what your opinion on it is. I'm just waiting patiently, still kinda neutral for now.

Quote from: The Riddler on June 05, 2012, 11:37:48 AM
Paper Mario "Sticker Star" is such a disappointment. Stickers are now battle commands... in case no one gets it, Paper Mario is getting a card-based battle system like Chain of Memories and Metal Gear ACID.
It's better than SPM, but I still think there's more to the battle system than we're seeing; i.e. I'm not sure stickers are ALL you can use. I'll be getting it anyway, because who knows? It might actually be fun to play.

Quote from: Nayrman on June 05, 2012, 11:39:27 AM
My god that was lackluster. You had Pikmin 3 and that's IT!? WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH OF MARIO.

WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER FRANCHISES!?!?! Oh, youv'e got tons of third party support? *shows nothing but ports of games coming soon or games already out*

Yeah, that was intercourse ing awful Nintendo.
Honestly, it's not like the other conferences were a whole lot better. E3 as a whole was just a letdown. As far as Nintendo goes, Rayman Legends (Whoa Ubisoft) is probably the best (or only) thing the Wii U has going for it, but I still think I'll buy the system. I see a lot of potential in it, the only problem is there isn't enough support for the hardware YET, in terms of games. We need more games. We need new games.

I'm not going to be a dick and just strike down Nintendo to the ground right now like all you kids are doing. I think you folks are being just a bit too negative against the corporation as a whole when you're really just disappointed with E3. But I'll admit I'm not blown away by the Wii U just yet, and I wanted to be blown away. I'm not ready to lose all faith in them, though. Were all your expectations for Nintendo's conference higher than for the other four? Seems an awful lot like that's the case. But I think Sony was more disappointing than Ninty this year, honestly.

What I really want to see from Nintendo is 3DS stuff. I got a really nice taste of that from the conference today (Luigi's Mansion 2 looks awesome), and I'm excited for that presentation tomorrow night. That's where Nintendo is going to impress me, hopefully.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

What the WiiU needs is games from Nintendo that aren't intercourse ing Mario spam. That got REALLY tiring the last couple years and it seems like Nintendo has zero plans to stop the Mario over saturation in the name of easy money.

Nintendo said they wanted to bring the core gamers back with WiiU. Ports, fitness/singing/dancing casual games and lack of other franchises is NOT the way to do this.
Where are Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero, DK, Fire Emblem, and so on? How about a truly 3D Kirby game? Or a new IP completely? And people complain about SEGA releasing a Sonic game every year, but apparently two platformers mere months apart and just as shameless whoring is a-ok if it's Mario.

Hero_of_Darkness

Kayo, the Wii reveal was fantastic. Everyone wanted it.

This makes E3 2008 look good.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on June 05, 2012, 02:07:15 PM
Kayo, the Wii reveal was fantastic. Everyone wanted it.

This makes E3 2008 look good.
Weird how everyone used to want a system with no games, but now they can't stand it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: Kayo on June 05, 2012, 01:58:38 PM
Honestly, it's not like the other conferences were a whole lot better. E3 as a whole was just a letdown.

I came away from E3 excited for two games (watch dogs and the last of us)
that's exactly two games more than the past 5 or so E3s so overall this was a pretty good year

for the first time in recent memory the most hyped games of the conference aren't sequels.
~~ <3

Nayrman

Quote from: Kayo on June 05, 2012, 02:10:18 PM
Weird how everyone used to want a system with no games, but now they can't stand it.

Because the Wii at the time was actually trying something new. The promise it held may have gone completely unfulfilled, but at least initially it seemed like a totally different idea.

The WiiU is Nintendo desperately trying to play catch up in the tech department while adding some DS style functionality (Let's be honest here, that's the ONLY reason it has a touch screen), and people realize this. Meanwhile, the chance they had to sell it to people completely bombed. Seriously, unless you have a desperate need for Mario, there's no reason to pick this up instead of a PS3 this holiday season when the PS3 to be perfectly honest is going to have more functionality and features and a big library of games...

zephilicious

wii hype was almost entirely based on twilight princess
~~ <3

Tupin

Honestly, I'm surprised that Nintendo didn't even have a Pokemon game.

I still don't think anything can top E3 2008 in terms of being bad.

About Just Dance 4: why would anyone play this game on Wii U? The game only sees the hand that is holding the Wii Remote. Those kinds of games work so much better on Kinect.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Hero_of_Darkness

Wii had several good new announcements at E3 2006.

Wii U didn't even get one at this conference. Not. Even. One. The only good thing is how stunning Pikmin 3 looks, and even then GoW4 and The Last of Us look better.

zephilicious

Quote from: Tupin on June 05, 2012, 02:17:33 PM
About Just Dance 4: why would anyone play this game on Wii U? The game only sees the hand that is holding the Wii Remote. Those kinds of games work so much better on Kinect.
i dont believe there are any kinect dance games that support more than 2 players yet. thats a pretty big oversight for a party game.
~~ <3

Tupin

Quote from: zephilicious on June 05, 2012, 02:16:00 PM
wii hype was almost entirely based on twilight princess
It also had Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and Wii Sports. Games that people hadn't seen before. If I spend whatever Nintendo expects me to spend on a new system, I don't want to just be playing ports from the last generation of systems. Even then, is a Lego game and another Zombie shooter enough to make me want it? Pikmin was nice, but we knew it was coming. 

Come to think of it, Nintendo hasn't had an interesting conference since E3 2006.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.