News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

SONY HYPER FIGHTING PALS

Started by Doodle, November 01, 2011, 05:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

http://gamerant.com/sony-super-smash-bros-clone-announcement-curt-113571/
It was only a matter of time before they did this.
YEAH

Silverhawk79

Nayrman

And the poopstorm begins...if this is legit. I really don't trust G4 and can't find this at other places at the moment, but hey I'll take anything to beat the poop out of Nathan Drake. Crash Bandicoot and Jak better be in as well.

Zero

Bearissoslow

DededeCloneChris

Nayrman, quick, you know more about Sony characters. Name all the candidates. You can toss Sonic in just because we know he's going to be brought up for marketing stuff.

Bearissoslow

crash bandicoot is the only right answer

The Riddler

inb4 20,000,000 Final Fantasy suggestions

Nayrman

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 01, 2011, 08:25:42 PM
Nayrman, quick, you know more about Sony characters. Name all the candidates. You can toss Sonic in just because we know he's going to be brought up for marketing stuff.

Crash and Spyro really depend on who owns them now. I'm more hopeful for Crash, as he's more seen as a Sony character, but both have a possibility. Ratchet and/or Clank are gonna be in no problem. They've had so many games and so many weapons they would really fit into a Smash Bros. like game. Jak and/or Daxter would be cool as well. The Jak series was really good for the PS2, so I wouldn't be surprised if at least Jak got in. Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet could be interesting, but we'll have to see. The problem with this idea is that Sony doesn't own too many properties themselves, so I'm guessing a good chunk of this could be 2nd-ish party in that third parties who just make mostly exclusive stuff... like Snake from MGS maybe? Hm... Anyway, those are my thoughts character wise. I wouldn't be surprised if it tops out at around 20 or so due to lack of a lot of franchises on Sony's end.

The ones mentioned in the article are:
Nathan Drake (blandy mcblanderson of bland adventure movie knock off)
Sly Cooper (cool beans)
Kratos (Aw intercourse  yeah)
Fat Princess (a capture the flag like sim from what I can tell. May be ok)
Parappa (an oldie but a goodie)
Sweet Tooth (no clue)
Rico (Killzone)

BOREDFOREVER

I'm thinking maybe

Sackboy
Cole from Infamous
Alex from Prototype
Somebody from FF, right? Or Disgaea
A Helghast from Killzone
The chick from Heavenly Sword
The Kid from Shadow of the Collosus (with a Collosus's back as a stage)

Mona

Bearissoslow

Doodle

Quote from: Nayrman on November 01, 2011, 09:39:11 PM
so I'm guessing a good chunk of this could be 2nd-ish party in that third parties who just make mostly exclusive stuff... like Snake from MGS maybe?

Old Snake will definitely be in it.
YEAH

Zero

Snake with:

Liquid Snake costume
Raiden costume
Old Snake costume
Big Boss costume