News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

NSF turns one today, and what a trip it's been.

Started by Silverhawk79, September 21, 2008, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Well, here we are, one year old. It's been a crazy journey just getting here, and at times controversial, even from day one. NSF came about after Metroid_Fan!'s failed Nsider clone was shut down, and I immediately created a replacement forum. Activity back then was incredible, and we got nearly 1000 people to sign up within one month. Life was good. Snorkel graciously helped get us on top-of-the-line virtual private servers, with the help of a generous $500 donation from Starwindwizard7, and our future looked bright. Staff changed some, but not much. Raids from Nsider2 were common, and we admittedly raided them too. We eventually settled out, and everyone was happy.
Fast forward to February, when a major scandal rocked NSF and NS2 both. Snorkel, EJRaven, and MetaKnight collaborated to steal our domain, nsiderforums.net, right out from under our noses, leaving our website dead in the water. Snorkel sold the domain the EJRaven for $2000, which MetaKnight paid. Tensions on both sides were incredibly high, and nobody quite knew what to do. We finally got it back up, and it was generally agreed that EJRaven and Snorkel were poop holes. We got NFES somewhere along the line, lost it, and then got it back again, with improvements. Later, we merged with Vaati's old forum, FCD, to gain new members and administration, and became known as NSFCD.

So, would I do it all again if I had a chance? You bet. Although at times I lost sleep over certain events that happened here, namely the domain theft, it has been a pleasure to administrate this site and interact with all the great users who post here. I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade this place for anything, and I hope it stays here for many years to come. I'm not that great with big, extravagant celebration posts, so I'll simply stop before I make too big of an ass of myself. But before I go, I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has helped make this site what it is today, and a huge thank you to the members who make this place great. Here's to another year!

~ Silverhawk79

sonicdude164

Macawmoses

SkyMyl

Doodle

To one more year. :P
And less ":P" smileys by me...
YEAH

Daft Pink

Just thinking back at all that's happened. It makes me feel so... I can't really explain it.

It makes me proud that we've been able to live through all of this, but it also reminds me of all the friends I lost back when Oldsider was closed. I'm still happy this place exists though. I've grown to like this place better than Oldsider. When I come to think about it, I realize how much it was full of idiots. I've made many friends in these forums, and I hope I can make anymore. Let's hope we can get through another year. I'm pretty sure we can.

Anyways, that post Silver, it was really the best I think anyone could have done to sum up what's happened here. Well said Silver.

Dill

We should have weened it off of its mother's milk by now. That's a metaphor, by the way.

ombsz

Seems longer than one year. I kind of miss M_F's nsider

Macawmoses

Quote from: ombsz on September 21, 2008, 04:58:02 PM
Seems longer than one year. I kind of miss M_F's nsider
Because you were mod, or because of the chaos?

Moriarty

Quote from: Dill on September 21, 2008, 04:51:50 PM
We should have weened it off of its mother's milk by now. That's a metaphor, by the way.

Either the milk must be darn good, or they've never had good milk before. And by the way, this may or may not be a metaphor. It's up for interpretation.
QuoteWhere'd Annyong get that juice box?

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Lotos on September 21, 2008, 05:46:59 PM
Who was MetaKnight?
He was the one who put up the $2000 for the domain, and I think he pays the server bills right now. Either that or he's in charge of NS2 right now. Their administration is such a mess that I can't keep it straight.

Syncopathic

I'd go through it all again.
But as I am now, not how I was a year ago.

Level_9_Chao

Having grown up with FCD (way back from the xsorbit days, check Quick Links), I know all too well what it's like to move around, forum to forum, never quite knowing what comes next. Anybody remember Triforce34? ;D

Almost 3 years on FCD. Some odd months here. Whatever. It's good to be somewhere.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

StarWindWizard7

Well said Silver,

Thank you for not letting my money go to waste people!! :P

Lohn Jocke