News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Wireless problems in Vista

Started by sleepin_dude_99, January 12, 2009, 03:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepin_dude_99

First of all, yes, I'm posting as Kilroy because Dermatologist can't post and poop.

Second, I'm having odd problems with Vista. I can get online, but I can only connect to certain things. For example, only my AIM accounts on Pidgin will connect, my IRC and MSN accounts will say "Cannot connect to host" or something of the like. In Firefox, I can only load a few pages (Gmail, Google, Forumwarz, and that's about it). I connected via Ethernet cable, and that seemed to fix the problem. However, this is extremely inconvenient. I dunno how to explain it, really. I tried googling this, but I found nothing. Probably because I suck at Google, but whatever. Can someone help?

Silverhawk79

I've had a similar problem. Try changing your wireless card mode from a/b/g to just b/g or g.

Friendly Hostile

Well MSN was having issues until earlier today, since I couldn't log on at all.  Though I left for class around 8 and came back and slept until 9.

L10

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on January 12, 2009, 09:53:49 PM
Well MSN was having issues until earlier today, since I couldn't log on at all.  Though I left for class around 8 and came back and slept until 9.
Yeah, I was having issues with MSN also, but it's fine now.

This probably wont work, but try disabling and re-enable the wireless card(hitting repair should do the same thing).
0o!f

Cooldogs_1

This happens with some home routers.  This is due to glitches in the wireless routing tables.  Have you ever tried turning your router off, wait 30 seconds, turn it back on?  If that doesn't help, you'll have to restart your modem(unplug, wait a while, plug it in), and then do the same with your wireless router.  If you have problems with your computer after this.  Open up the wireless connections page, right click on the active connection and choose "Diagnose".