News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: Kayo on July 10, 2012, 08:45:09 AM
It's purely my opinion, I thought Ghirahim was an interesting character, and I'm getting real bored of Ganondorf.

Oh, you mean his entire character of "ooooh, I'm going to be strangely effeminate and be all "creepy" then stomp around when things don't go my way"? Yeah, great character there. <_<;;

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on July 10, 2012, 10:23:15 AM
Oh, you mean his entire character of "ooooh, I'm going to be strangely effeminate and be all "creepy" then stomp around when things don't go my way"? Yeah, great character there. <_<;;
He was interesting.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Quote from: Kayo on July 10, 2012, 12:28:28 PM
He was interesting.

To each their own. I thought he was a horrid character with no personality...

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on July 10, 2012, 04:39:15 PM
To each their own. I thought he was a horrid character with no personality...
Really? If nothing else, he actually HAD personality. I'm surprised you feel that way.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Ghiriham SEEMED like he had "personality" in that he was a personality type which the Zelda series rarely promotes to the level of Main Villain (well, BASICALLY main, like Zant in TP). He stood out from the cast, and that made him fairly memorable and interesting imo.

However, he didn't really have a "personality" in the sense that he acted like a person; as different as his type was from the other characters, he was still as cut and dry as they come, standing out only due to his famously Zelda-y surroundings. I mean, if I had a nickel for every shallow, effeminate, even-darker-on-the-inside villain I saw in a game (or anime, which Ghirahim felt like he fell out of), I'd have quite a few nickels. Heck, I could practically hear Derek Stephen Prince's voice in every cutscene.

Personally, I wouldn't mind him making it in, but not in Ganondorf's stead; Ganondorf is the main villain of the series, one of Nintendo's best (if not their absolute best), AND he actually has some semblance of depth occasionally (The Wind Waker was particularly interesting, and don't say "He was only like that in one game", because Ghirahim was only IN one game).

Kayo

Quote from: Trevelyan on July 10, 2012, 05:36:20 PM
Ghiriham SEEMED like he had "personality" in that he was a personality type which the Zelda series rarely promotes to the level of Main Villain (well, BASICALLY main, like Zant in TP). He stood out from the cast, and that made him fairly memorable and interesting imo.

However, he didn't really have a "personality" in the sense that he acted like a person; as different as his type was from the other characters, he was still as cut and dry as they come, standing out only due to his famously Zelda-y surroundings. I mean, if I had a nickel for every shallow, effeminate, even-darker-on-the-inside villain I saw in a game (or anime, which Ghirahim felt like he fell out of), I'd have quite a few nickels. Heck, I could practically hear Derek Stephen Prince's voice in every cutscene.

Personally, I wouldn't mind him making it in, but not in Ganondorf's stead; Ganondorf is the main villain of the series, one of Nintendo's best (if not their absolute best), AND he actually has some semblance of depth occasionally (The Wind Waker was particularly interesting, and don't say "He was only like that in one game", because Ghirahim was only IN one game).
Ganondorf's most likely not going to go anywhere; I'm just not too fond of him as a Smasher personally. I don't mind if he stays in, but I'd like to see Ghirahim.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

We need someone like black shadow to take over ganondorf's moveset so ganondorf can play like he's supposed to. with magic and poop. and swords. and tridents. and poop.
~~ <3

DededeCloneChris

Project Sora is finished, but this doesn't affect the fourth entry at all.

Neerb

Project Sora was a company co-owned by Nintendo and Sora, Ltd., both of which still exist.

Sora, Ltd. made Brawl, then Project Sora made Kid Icarus Uprising, now Sora, Ltd. and Namco Bandai are making SSBU/3D.

Just want to make that clear before people think Sakurai has lost his company or something; Project Sora has indeed shut down, but the only game it ever made was Kid Icarus: Uprising, so it's irrelevant to Smashes past, present, or future.

Neerb

New Rumor from a guy who claims to work for Sora Ltd.

Basically, the difference between the two Smash games will be modernization: the 3DS game, called "Super Smash Bros. Memories," will be focused on old-school titles, while the Wii U game will be focused on more modern stuff; additionally, if you purchase both titles, you can use the stages and characters in either one, so don't worry about a character you want in one only being available in the other.

The source also lists some specific characters that will be in the Memories, the nostalgic 3DS version:
- Donkey Kong Jr. (um, what?)
- Stanley (is he the bug spray guy?)
- Mach Rider
- Takamaru (kinda saw this coming, what with his Nintendo Land appearance)
- Ridley (he's in the "nostalgic" one because he'll be smaller like his NES version)
- Pacman (well, Namco Bandai is involved)
- Dig Dug (lol)

zephilicious

lets be realistic here there werent any legitimate brawl leaks  (or any other high profile game) until a month or two before release

people dont risk their jobs for anonymous internet fame
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on July 30, 2012, 05:09:16 PM
lets be realistic here there werent any legitimate brawl leaks  (or any other high profile game) until a month or two before release

people dont risk their jobs for anonymous internet fame

except poop gets leaked this early for namco and capcom games ALL the time

Namco is working on this, so its not that difficult to believe.

X-3

Zeph is right. Brawl had a bunch of companies working on it and little got leaked before the japanese release, if I remember correctly. Namco working on it probably wont dramatically increase leak chance.

This rumor seems pretty fake and it'll be disproven easily.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: X-3 on July 31, 2012, 09:28:45 AM
Zeph is right. Brawl had a bunch of companies working on it and little got leaked before the japanese release, if I remember correctly. Namco working on it probably wont dramatically increase leak chance.

This rumor seems pretty fake and it'll be disproven easily.
The fact nobody else in the most well-known gaming sites haven't brought it up kind of makes it a fake.

DededeCloneChris