News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

If this game had voice chat, it would most likely be a mess with people around the world. And if it did have a good one, it'd be Call of Duty all over again, and it'd be published in some news channel like they just did with the Xbox chatting system.

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 03, 2012, 12:06:27 PM
If this game had voice chat, it would most likely be a mess with people around the world. And if it did have a good one, it'd be Call of Duty all over again, and it'd be published in some news channel like they just did with the Xbox chatting system.
I think they mean Voice Chat for friends play only.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on April 03, 2012, 12:33:48 PM
I think they mean Voice Chat for friends play only.
Still, I'm pretty sure we're let swears fly by like crazy.

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 03, 2012, 01:01:50 PM
Still, I'm pretty sure we're let swears fly by like crazy.
What's wrong with that?

Games have allowed friends' voice chat before.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Kayo

By the way, whoever still thinks that difficulty drop + heart loss ISN'T an unfair punishment for dying,

especially those who think "Oh if you want to complete something on 9.0, just start over when you die. It's like you can choose to start over at a checkpoint by paying the price of a difficulty drop."

Yeah, guess what you overlooked? If you start a chapter at 9.0, then die, then quit, you lose around 11,000 hearts. Just sayin'.

In other words, you intercourse ing try to get that 9.0 intensity gate in the Seafloor Palace. If you fail, you either have to cough up a huge chunk of the hearts you worked so hard to earn, or finish the chapter and deal with Thanatos's ass again. And again. And again.
[move][/move]

Neerb

So don't make such an awful bet.

If it costs so much to lose, then get better before you storm in headfirst. Earn your win; make it through level 9 using actual skill, and get some if you don't already have it.

Honestly, you can't go into the hardest difficulty before you're even remotely good enough and then say it's not fair when you lose. The loss of money is just reinforcement to the idea that you need to stop biting off more than you can chew. Also, if you start at 9 and make it to the end with only 1 death, then you still get the rewards of winning on 8, which is not terrible, and if you ragequit after 1 death, serves you right.

The idea that we should be able to attempt difficulties way beyond our skill level without a demerit is ridiculous anyway, because then the game isn't even fun anymore (unless you're masochist, in which case you should enjoy losing hearts). The only reason I can imagine someone would want to play a higher difficulty than they are actually able is to get stronger weapons for multiplayer, in which case their own mediocrity will only hurt them when they lose tons of points when they get KO'd (not to mention they're kinda cheating, and I don't hear anyone complaining about high-level traded Pokemon disobeying you), or they just want the achievements and winnings that come with beating high-level stages, in which case a death means you aren't actually achieving or winning in the first place and don't deserve said rewards.

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 04, 2012, 10:11:56 AM
So don't make such an awful bet.

If it costs so much to lose, then get better before you storm in headfirst. Earn your win; make it through level 9 using actual skill, and get some if you don't already have it.

Honestly, you can't go into the hardest difficulty before you're even remotely good enough and then say it's not fair when you lose. The loss of money is just reinforcement to the idea that you need to stop biting off more than you can chew. Also, if you start at 9 and make it to the end with only 1 death, then you still get the rewards of winning on 8, which is not terrible, and if you ragequit after 1 death, serves you right.

The idea that we should be able to attempt difficulties way beyond our skill level without a demerit is ridiculous anyway, because then the game isn't even fun anymore (unless you're masochist, in which case you should enjoy losing hearts). The only reason I can imagine someone would want to play a higher difficulty than they are actually able is to get stronger weapons for multiplayer, in which case their own mediocrity will only hurt them when they lose tons of points when they get KO'd (not to mention they're kinda cheating, and I don't hear anyone complaining about high-level traded Pokemon disobeying you), or they just want the achievements and winnings that come with beating high-level stages, in which case a death means you aren't actually achieving or winning in the first place and don't deserve said rewards.
I'm not remotely good enough? I've completed the chapter on intensity level 8. The intensity gate is marked with a level 9, which means if you get just ONE death, you can't get it. And you have to then complete the entire chapter at level 8 (It's not hard, but I'd rather not do it when I came in specifically for the gate--the only thing I need to complete the chapter), or quit and lose 11,000 hearts.

It's not that I'm not good enough, because like I said, I've completed the mission on level intercourse ing 8. Therefore, your argument that I'm not good enough to play the darn game is completely invalid.

Honestly, no matter how good you claim to be at something, you're still going to be frustrated when one little mistake (one hit from enemies at that intensity can take away more than half your health, and you don't always get to enjoy the second chance of Crisis Mode) means you either have to complete the chapter.... again, finishing at difficulty 8.0, which I've already done so I'd have nothing to show for that mission, or suffer the loss of 11,000 hearts. It's frustrating, and you'd just be bullpoopting if you said it wasn't.

And wow, that was your only argument. I'm done then.

On a side note, I still kind of think that if you quit a chapter right when you start, you shouldn't lose the hearts you bet. Nothing's more disheartening than having a different weapon than you're used to equipped in order to complete a treasure hunt challenge, and then putting the 3DS down for the night, waking up the next morning thinking nothing of it since you always use the same weapon, then jumping into a mission using something you didn't want to lose. Not entirely the game's fault, but when it doesn't show me what weapon I have until it's too late unless I check... it's kind of annoying.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Sakurai DEMANDS perfection.

Kayo

I wonder if he has OCD IRL.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Neerb

Doodle

Just picked this up today. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Pit's voice is awesome, too
YEAH

Kayo

Oh my god.

The massively epic plot twisting in Chapters 18+

Oh my god

This is so great
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Kayo, don't even mention that without a spoiler tag. Doodle is just starting.