News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Playstation Vita Thread

Started by Tupin, December 18, 2011, 01:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

I still think the Vita is a BIT too overpriced. But I'd pay $150-200 for one any day. But $250 is still rather high, when you're still putting money down on memory cards and poop. Unless I strike it rich, I'll be waiting for a price drop.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

I'll probably snag one about mid-March unless it tanks. Games? Probably not many until summertime. I just hope my ps1 exclusives don't look like ps2 games do on my hdtv.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Jason Moralius Rose on January 01, 2012, 11:57:42 AM
I'll probably snag one about mid-March unless it tanks. Games? Probably not many until summertime. I just hope my ps1 exclusives don't look like ps2 games do on my hdtv.

PS1 games might not even be available at launch.

jnfs2014

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on January 01, 2012, 04:11:42 PM
PS1 games might not even be available at launch.
That's why I hope things like that get resolved before I get the money to buy one.

Neerb

I feel really stupid for not knowing this already, but I guess I just never bothered to check before: is the Vita backwards compatible?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on February 18, 2012, 05:24:31 PM
I feel really stupid for not knowing this already, but I guess I just never bothered to check before: is the Vita backwards compatible?
If you have retail discs, the handheld won't read them. The only way to achieve backward compatibility is by downloading the PSP games.

However, not all games are avaiable to download at launch, mind you. There's a huge list, though.

Zero

The service denies you the right to play PSP games that you already own

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115727-No-UMD-Transfer-for-the-Vita

It wasn't quite what he asked, but its still important to know.

Neerb

What utter silliness. Perhaps Sony deserves their current sales problem.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 20, 2012, 06:27:45 AM
The service denies you the right to play PSP games that you already own

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115727-No-UMD-Transfer-for-the-Vita

It wasn't quite what he asked, but its still important to know.
To be fair, that service only would have given a discount on the digital versions of those games, and any PSP games you already bought on PSN/SEN will work on Vita just fine.

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 20, 2012, 07:12:39 AM
To be fair, that service only would have given a discount on the digital versions of those games, and any PSP games you already bought on PSN/SEN will work on Vita just fine.

All you've really done is further show that Sony really enjoys being japanese jews at the cost of their consumer base.

Hero_of_Darkness

Well...

On the bright side, Sony might finally be about to learn that they have to take handheld development seriously if they want success.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-20-sony-confirms-call-of-duty-for-playstation-vita-this-autumn

QuoteLongsworth went on to commit Sony's top studios to Vita development. This included Naughty Dog, which isn't making Uncharted: Golden Abyss for Vita - Sony Bend is.

"We see this as a five to 10-year platform."
"Absolutely you will [see Naughty Dog on Vita]," confirmed Longsworth. "You'll see a number of games coming out from all of our studios."

Zero

well that's good news

The PSP's library is filled with half-assed games. Not like the DS's library isn't, but the quality ratio sure is higher for the DS's library.

Hero_of_Darkness

Scratch that. ND flat-out denied Vita development.

Here's the link... but it's from a NeoGAF member. I know what you're thinking, but if a mod there says that he's legit, I'm not going to argue.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35317909&postcount=156

X-3

Neerb