News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

OoT 3DS discussion

Started by The Riddler, January 11, 2012, 11:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 06, 2012, 06:30:41 PM
It's not that bad really. I expected more of a challenge.
It was jarring at first, but once I got it into my head that you have to dodge enemy attacks, it became easier. That said, I suck at all video games.

I'm glad they didn't make it so there are no heart drops, though. That would have been it for me. x_x And I fear for when I have to fight an Iron Knuckle even more than the Ganon fight. (Granted, Ganon is super easy so long as you don't go in Rambo-style during the second part.)

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 06, 2012, 06:54:46 PM
It was jarring at first, but once I got it into my head that you have to dodge enemy attacks, it became easier. That said, I suck at all video games.

I'm glad they didn't make it so there are no heart drops, though. That would have been it for me. x_x And I fear for when I have to fight an Iron Knuckle even more than the Ganon fight. (Granted, Ganon is super easy so long as you don't go in Rambo-style during the second part.)
Iron Knuckles are definitely more dangerous, since they can do so much more damage if you slip just once. They really make you pay if you can't dodge them quick enough. I mean they're not THAT hard to defeat, but one little mistake will cost you.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 07, 2012, 01:15:48 PM
Iron Knuckles are definitely more dangerous, since they can do so much more damage if you slip just once. They really make you pay if you can't dodge them quick enough. I mean they're not THAT hard to defeat, but one little mistake will cost you.
I know. The part where you fight one as child Link is a problem. With Adult Link, I can destroy them using Biggoron's Sword, at least.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 07, 2012, 02:33:29 PM
I know. The part where you fight one as child Link is a problem. With Adult Link, I can destroy them using Biggoron's Sword, at least.
What about that part where you have to fight two at once, if you're like me and decided to wake them both up together instead of taking one at a time?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 07, 2012, 03:17:20 PM
What about that part where you have to fight two at once, if you're like me and decided to wake them both up together instead of taking one at a time?
Then I would be  intercourse ed up the ass.

... Well, I'd have the defense boost and 2-3 fairies by then, so it wouldn't be that bad.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 07, 2012, 05:28:54 PM
Then I would be  intercourse ed up the ass.

... Well, I'd have the defense boost and 2-3 fairies by then, so it wouldn't be that bad.
I really have to try and remember to only activate one at a time. I had a bit of difficulty the first time I fought them.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 07, 2012, 06:12:30 PM
I really have to try and remember to only activate one at a time. I had a bit of difficulty the first time I fought them.
It's good if you want a challenge. It's in the top three non-boss fights in 3D Zelda in terms of difficulty to me. (The other two are the triple Stalfos and Stalmaster + undead Bokoblin in Skyward Sword. Mock me all you want, but they mad me off.) Keep in mind that I haven't beaten Majora's Mask yet, so I might be missing something.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 07, 2012, 07:38:05 PM
It's good if you want a challenge. It's in the top three non-boss fights in 3D Zelda in terms of difficulty to me. (The other two are the triple Stalfos and Stalmaster + undead Bokoblin in Skyward Sword. Mock me all you want, but they mad me off.) Keep in mind that I haven't beaten Majora's Mask yet, so I might be missing something.
The Stalfos trio isn't that hard to deal with, once you get a good rhythm going. It's frustrating at first when they're all piling up on you, but if you can kind of get yourself focused, you can kill them off one at a time. I have to admit I died at least once from just trying to hack away at them with absolutely no thinking.

But if we're talking about frustrating non-boss battles... intercourse ing Bigocto. He's probably the hardest mini-boss I fought to date, but that's probably just because I kept being unable to hit him with the boomerang unless he was going counter-clockwise. It usually hit a wall or something instead of Bigocto. I wasn't sure why that was, so it took me a while to figure that out. But the spikes in the middle dklfhdsfglkjlk

Also, Wizrobe. He's pretty darn irritating, though since you battle one like every other miniboss battle in Majora's Mask I kind of got used to them quick.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 09, 2012, 05:05:11 PM
The Stalfos trio isn't that hard to deal with, once you get a good rhythm going. It's frustrating at first when they're all piling up on you, but if you can kind of get yourself focused, you can kill them off one at a time. I have to admit I died at least once from just trying to hack away at them with absolutely no thinking.

But if we're talking about frustrating non-boss battles... intercourse ing Bigocto. He's probably the hardest mini-boss I fought to date, but that's probably just because I kept being unable to hit him with the boomerang unless he was going counter-clockwise. It usually hit a wall or something instead of Bigocto. I wasn't sure why that was, so it took me a while to figure that out. But the spikes in the middle dklfhdsfglkjlk

Also, Wizrobe. He's pretty darn irritating, though since you battle one like every other miniboss battle in Majora's Mask I kind of got used to them quick.

Separating them makes it take forever and a day, which is what bothers me about it. That last Stalmaster was more annoying, though, since I had to divide my attention. (Granted, I was already very frustrated from the Moblin fight since I forgot that you could run up the shields. Yeah... I think you can imagine how that must have gone for me.)

Yeah, Bigocto's annoying. In my MQ run, I didn't even bother trying to chase him and I just kept throwing the boomerang at him until he was stunned and facing the other way.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 10, 2012, 07:23:16 AM
Separating them makes it take forever and a day, which is what bothers me about it. That last Stalmaster was more annoying, though, since I had to divide my attention. (Granted, I was already very frustrated from the Moblin fight since I forgot that you could run up the shields. Yeah... I think you can imagine how that must have gone for me.)

Yeah, Bigocto's annoying. In my MQ run, I didn't even bother trying to chase him and I just kept throwing the boomerang at him until he was stunned and facing the other way.
I think they made Bigocto more difficult in OoT3D than he was originally.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 10, 2012, 06:48:43 PM
I think they made Bigocto more difficult in OoT3D than he was originally.
Well, Link's movement animations are a bit different in OoT3D, so maybe that's causing it?

Hero_of_Darkness

FUCK THIS GODDAMN MASTER QUEST FIRE TEMPLE! FUCK IT STRAIGHT TO HELL!

And this was with me making it easier by beating the Water Temple and getting Fire Arrows first! I can't believe some of the places they put things! Assholes! GAH

Troll Quest is more like it. :/

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 12, 2012, 05:58:49 PM
FUCK THIS GODDAMN MASTER QUEST FIRE TEMPLE! FUCK IT STRAIGHT TO HELL!

And this was with me making it easier by beating the Water Temple and getting Fire Arrows first! I can't believe some of the places they put things! Assholes! GAH

Troll Quest is more like it. :/
Just imagine you never played the game before, and presto.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on February 12, 2012, 06:40:41 PM
Just imagine you never played the game before, and presto.
Everything would still be hidden in the most obscure places. No other part really got on my nerves other than the Forest Temple, but I hated that temple in the regular quest anyway.

zephilicious

the forest temple is the best one in the game stop being a faggot
~~ <3