News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

My Journey To Fatherhood

Started by Mystic, July 22, 2010, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

Pre-Calculus is pretty much what intercourse ed up my GPA during junior year. Everything else was top notch.

I love your support <3

Light

Damn man, what an exciting event for you! Hope everything goes well for the rest of the pregnancy and delivery.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Kayo

Oh yeah, hope the baby she gets into position correctly. C-sections can be rough (from what I've heard).

And yes I have a horrible habit of referring to babies as "it" or "the baby," since that's how my parents always referred to them. I try to use "she" when I can. D:
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

BOREDFOREVER

C-sections do have the risks of major surgery, but they are so much simpler and much less painful than regular chikd birth.

Mystic

She's in position at the moment. She has been as of the previous doctor's appointment two weeks ago.

At the appointment today, everything went well. The doctor said she might have some kind of bacteria (Sam, not Zoey), so they are going to test her urine. If so, they have to call the hospital (Sacred Heart Medical Center, where Zoey is going to be born) and have antibiotics on hand for Sam to take before she gives birth, so Zoey doesn't get affected. My mom describes it as "strep down there". But otherwise, everything is good.

I should note, we have two doctors. One is a guy (who is also my family doctor), and a woman, who usually does Sam's femine stuff (like the full OB appointment a few months ago). They switch off, so we see both of them. Today was the woman, Dr. Lopez. She asked Sam about breastfeeding and epidural.

Kayo

Quote from: Mystic on July 23, 2010, 11:28:44 AM
At the appointment today, everything went well. The doctor said she might have some kind of bacteria (Sam, not Zoey), so they are going to test her urine. If so, they have to call the hospital (Sacred Heart Medical Center, where Zoey is going to be born) and have antibiotics on hand for Sam to take before she gives birth, so Zoey doesn't get affected. My mom describes it as "strep down there". But otherwise, everything is good.
That can't be good. It's important to protect Zoey from it, since babies are more vulnerable than rotten tomatoes. However, I hope Sam's okay. "Strep down there" sounds like it would be rather painful. >_>

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I guess I'll be first to ask.
Can you show us pictures of the baby after a bit? Doesn't have to be right away, just whenever.
Have we (the forum) even seen Sam yet?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mystic

I'll probably share pictures. She better be the cutest ever. And yes, you guys have seen Sam. She's in a lot of the pictures I posted in the pictures thread. Here is a picture of us, for quick reference.

Mystic

I decided to post an ultrasound picture. This was from the first ultrasound (March 26th).

Dog Food

My sister had a C-section. She was all set to give birth the normal way, but after a while of waiting and no more progress with the dilations, they went ahead with a C-section. She had to stay on bed rest for a few days and had trouble eating for a while, but she later said that she'd have another baby right away if she'd be guaranteed another C-section. Apparently it must be a lot less painful.

Aw, I can totally see your baby in the ultrasound! It kind of looks like she has a tail. Obviously she doesn't, just the way that thing stretches from down by her butt and curves up and around... She looks like a cute little squirrel! Please someone stop me if I sound offensive... Uh, my sister's baby looked like a duck in the ultrasounds. No really, it was like looking at a duck in black and white. Crazy stuff. So now my sister collects ducks for her. You should get Zoey a little stuffed squirrel from me. :3
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

JrDude

I didn't notice that... but now that you mention it, what has been seen cannot be unseen.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mystic

Quote from: KJ on July 27, 2010, 06:03:46 PM
You should get Zoey a little stuffed squirrel from me. :3
Sam is obsessed with squirrels. She'll play with it more than Zoey. But feel free to send us one :3

The Riddler

Quote from: KJ on July 27, 2010, 06:03:46 PM
Aw, I can totally see your baby in the ultrasound! It kind of looks like she has a tail. Obviously she doesn't, just the way that thing stretches from down by her butt and curves up and around... She looks like a cute little squirrel!
Quote from: Mystic on July 27, 2010, 06:59:31 PM
Sam is obsessed with squirrels.
Plot twist: The baby really is a squirrel and is the result of inter-species sex. Mystic is not the daddy!

Mystic

SkyMyl

I can offer no advice for ya, Mystic, but I can say congratulations.