News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

real men use items!

Started by Avion-Finch, December 03, 2007, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avion-Finch

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Shujinco2

Dawei

That's probably going to become a meme on smashboards, and "undeniable proof" among casual elitists. DAMN YOU SAKURAI

Tupin

Quote from: Dawei on December 03, 2007, 05:55:58 PM
That's probably going to become a meme on smashboards, and "undeniable proof" among casual elitists. DAMN YOU SAKURAI
Items level playing fields when playing against people of different skill.

Items make it unfair if they are at the same skill.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Rius

Dawei

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on December 03, 2007, 05:57:13 PM

As I said, people need to get good on their own. I don't give a darn if they suck. Play with them often and they will get better. It's evolution, in a much smaller scale. They will learn to survive.

Tupin

Quote from: Dawei on December 03, 2007, 06:00:10 PM

As I said, people need to get good on their own. I don't give a darn if they suck. Play with them often and they will get better. It's evolution, in a much smaller scale. They will learn to survive.
I mean, I'm not the best Smasher, but I try to learn moves and use the characters that fit me best.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Dawei

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on December 03, 2007, 06:01:59 PM

I mean, I'm not the best Smasher, but I try to learn moves and use the characters that fit me best.
But you'll find a more fitting character without items. You'll rely on yourself. If items were allowed in tournaments, everyone would use MewTwo, simply because of how much they help him. Items just dumb down the skill level, no matter how fun they can be.The Shffl is less useful with items, yet it is one of the most important things in serious play. You'll just become a better player overall without them.

Apollo

yeah it was funny but i love items. thats what made smash

thunderhero4

Eizweir

on the old Nsider, a smash sig-maker(can't remember his name) had add-ons that said "real men use Peach" That just reminded me of that. :D
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Dei Enyt

That's probably going to become a meme on smashboards, and "undeniable proof" among casual elitists. dang YOU SAKURAI

As I said, people need to get good on their own. I don't give a dang if they suck. Play with them often and they will get better. It's evolution, in a much smaller scale. They will learn to survive.
BECAUSE IF YOU AREN'T GOOD AT VIDEO GAMES YOU DIE IRL, M I RITE?!

Dude, you take your hobbies way too seriously. :|

thunderhero4

Quote from: Dei Enyt on December 04, 2007, 06:23:40 PM
That's probably going to become a meme on smashboards, and "undeniable proof" among casual elitists. dang YOU SAKURAI

As I said, people need to get good on their own. I don't give a dang if they suck. Play with them often and they will get better. It's evolution, in a much smaller scale. They will learn to survive.
BECAUSE IF YOU AREN'T GOOD AT VIDEO GAMES YOU DIE IRL, M I RITE?!

Dude, you take your hobbies way too seriously. :|
hmmm....looks like it, a lil...

Eizweir

Don't get in mah way when I got me a Home-Run bat
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Cornwad

Quote from: Dawei on December 03, 2007, 06:06:10 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on December 03, 2007, 06:01:59 PM

But you'll find a more fitting character without items. You'll rely on yourself. If items were allowed in tournaments, everyone would use MewTwo, simply because of how much they help him. Items just dumb down the skill level, no matter how fun they can be.The Shffl is less useful with items, yet it is one of the most important things in serious play. You'll just become a better player overall without them.

I'd have to agree with that.
How ever, I see no reason to be ultra competitive against friends. Playing items your friends is just fun. But if you are training for a competition...