News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Administrators Address

Started by Macawmoses, April 12, 2010, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

...The intercourse  at what K just said?

If we compare the two, the SIT had 9 members of it, this has two working on it and on separate roles. There's a good amount in difference in it. If you really want to help (That goes for anyone, especially considering I've seen both other sites involved) why not just ask? While nobody ever said "We could use some help" nobody ever said the opposite in this announcement. This is MYL and BFB we're talking about here. You really think they're going to just flat out say no? well maybe voice will

tl;dr: Of course people can help out on it. If people weren't able to that'd be completely ridiculous...Though I have no idea why this wasn't noted in the announcement but the announcement was ridiculously long as is.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Lotos

Custom, Talim, Sync, and Kilroy whatever happened to staying until the end? all left?  Well, I don't give a intercourse  about Talim.  She didn't do much anyway.  It's so tempting to leave, but I love you guys too much.

Quote from: KaosNo offense to anyone here, but I in no way think this was a good idea. You remember the poop that happened with the SIT rank?

That was only Genius causing it if I recall correctly.

For some reason I did not see the words "Serious Discussion" when I was reading that part of the post even though I remember treading the rest of the sentence that it was in :(
...̅̅̅

Kayo

I should just intercourse ing leave. Not once can I post my opinion without everyone finding every single thing that's wrong with it. Oh wait, It's my OPINION. I can't be wrong, if it's an opinion.

But still, you guys always jump on me for the stupidest things, and since I put it in spoilers, that means you DID NOT HAVE to click them. In other words, since clicking them was up to you, leave your negative comments to yourself. Seriously, what is it when I can't even use a spoiler box anymore.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Kianglo on April 13, 2010, 01:09:45 PM
I can't be wrong, if it's an opinion.
There's however more backed up and sturdy opinions but whatever.

Anyways the point was just saying "If you want to truly help (That goes to anyone) Why not just ask them for yourselves?" Nobody ever said you couldn't. And I still see nobody who has yet to say that. Especially since it's different from SIT.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Kayo

Quote from: Third K on April 13, 2010, 01:38:14 PM
There's however more backed up and sturdy opinions but whatever.

Anyways the point was just saying "If you want to truly help (That goes to anyone) Why not just ask them for yourselves?" Nobody ever said you couldn't. And I still see nobody who has yet to say that. Especially since it's different from SIT.
Yeah, but I'm wondering: What makes MYL and BFB so special? Why are they given a rank designed for that purpose? I really fail to see the point in the rank itself, honestly. Again, no offense to either of the two.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

I should just intercourse ing leave. Not once can I post my opinion without everyone finding every single thing that's wrong with it. Oh wait, It's my OPINION. I can't be wrong, if it's an opinion.

But still, you guys always jump on me for the stupidest things, and since I put it in spoilers, that means you DID NOT HAVE to click them. In other words, since clicking them was up to you, leave your negative comments to yourself. Seriously, what is it when I can't even use a spoiler box anymore.
I'm in no means trying to be offensive when I say this, but, the intercourse  is wrong with you? You are lambasting the ideas the staff has tabled...yet you aren't subject to the same criticisms? Constructive criticism, which is what this is, helps develop the site further. You seem to think that we are targeting you as a person...that's not the case. Anytime you post something, in spoilers or not, it is the right of the users here to break it apart and critique it: after all, you had no hesitation in doing so to my post. It's a two way street.

As for the staff ratio, the staff involved in the decision making process is still, unfortunately, limited to those that actually voice their opinions. Which is a rather small percentage. Our staff has different areas of expertise, schedules, etc. so we are off setting that. Plus, Dawei left after being mugged in real life. You can deal with his mod presence if he can deal with that.

And no, SIT was a pretty big success while the users stayed active. In fact, it's impact can be seen on the staff today - Light, bluaki, FH, and myself were all SIT members that drove new ideas into the site. And no, even with 9 SIT and upwards of 15 staff, the userbase overwhelming outdid their numbers. It wasn't 5 members left without ranks - it was closer to 45. Even now, we have well over 50 users that regularly drop by (as evidenced in the acp and recent polls with larger votes).

As to what makes them special? Plenty. Both have unique characteristics that make them beneficial to this program. Both were chosen for very different reasons so as to see the extents each end of the spectrum could provide to us. And I ask you...if a site has a graphics team, does that mean no one else can make sigs? No. We're simply assigning the roles to users we know are capable of fostering relationships in a meaningful way for organizational sake. Sure, everyone can do it. But a) no one is, and b) it won't be a collective, motivated effort. This program may well fail -it's a pilot after all, but we're open to new ideals. And frankly, both users are candidates for moderator on these forums because they're upstanding.

One final note - the whining part was aimed at two users in particular. You're one of them. Stop taking everything as an affront against yourself - it's not meant to be, I assure you. And when it legitimately is, we DO listen. On the other hand, we don't if you make a public display about it...by that point, it's shark infested waters.

Irene Adler

Oh wait, It's my OPINION. I can't be wrong, if it's an opinion.
XD Good one.

Aka Princess_Peach_and_Vivian/Florina/Pavie

Kayo

[spoiler=big-ish post]
Quote from: Shakespeare on April 13, 2010, 03:23:16 PM
I'm in no means trying to be offensive when I say this, but, the intercourse  is wrong with you? You are lambasting the ideas the staff has tabled...yet you aren't subject to the same criticisms? Constructive criticism, which is what this is, helps develop the site further. You seem to think that we are targeting you as a person...that's not the case. Anytime you post something, in spoilers or not, it is the right of the users here to break it apart and critique it: after all, you had no hesitation in doing so to my post. It's a two way street.
Your post wasn't originally in spoilers, Sir. I put them there.

QuoteAs for the staff ratio, the staff involved in the decision making process is still, unfortunately, limited to those that actually voice their opinions. Which is a rather small percentage. Our staff has different areas of expertise, schedules, etc. so we are off setting that. Plus, Dawei left after being mugged in real life. You can deal with his mod presence if he can deal with that.
I'm not concerned as much with Dawei returning, I'm concerned that you added more staff as members left. Seems rather odd to me, just saying.

QuoteAnd no, SIT was a pretty big success while the users stayed active. In fact, it's impact can be seen on the staff today - Light, bluaki, FH, and myself were all SIT members that drove new ideas into the site. And no, even with 9 SIT and upwards of 15 staff, the userbase overwhelming outdid their numbers. It wasn't 5 members left without ranks - it was closer to 45. Even now, we have well over 50 users that regularly drop by (as evidenced in the acp and recent polls with larger votes).
I'm not counting semi-active members. Also, not every SIT member contributed as much as they could. It seemed as if you made a little too many, and you gave the rank to users you didn't know as well. You may not see it as such, but I do.

QuoteAs to what makes them special? Plenty. Both have unique characteristics that make them beneficial to this program. Both were chosen for very different reasons so as to see the extents each end of the spectrum could provide to us. And I ask you...if a site has a graphics team, does that mean no one else can make sigs? No. We're simply assigning the roles to users we know are capable of fostering relationships in a meaningful way for organizational sake. Sure, everyone can do it. But a) no one is, and b) it won't be a collective, motivated effort. This program may well fail -it's a pilot after all, but we're open to new ideals. And frankly, both users are candidates for moderator on these forums because they're upstanding.
You should have made Voice Squirtle Squad then. I in no way see exactly how personalities can be good or bad for the job, unless a person was particularly good at creating bonds between communities. Also, perhaps nominating a few people and having us vote representatives would have been a good idea, in my honest opinion. It seemed a little sudden with the decisions.

QuoteOne final note - the whining part was aimed at two users in particular. You're one of them. Stop taking everything as an affront against yourself - it's not meant to be, I assure you. And when it legitimately is, we DO listen. On the other hand, we don't if you make a public display about it...by that point, it's shark infested waters.
How do you know that? You can't assume you know how someone is feeling by watching from the sidelines. Maybe a lot of things were directed at me. I was quite frankly getting tired of Custom sending me multiple PMs and queries telling me to kill myself. If that wasn't directed towards me, maybe I need serious help. Because "Kaos, we hate you, kill yourself" seems pretty darn personal.[/spoiler]
[move][/move]

Thirdkoopa

...I'm not even replying to all this arguing but,

Quote from: Kianglo on April 13, 2010, 02:53:24 PM
Yeah, but I'm wondering: What makes MYL and BFB so special? Why are they given a rank designed for that purpose? I really fail to see the point in the rank itself, honestly. Again, no offense to either of the two.
I can very well answer this.

What makes MYL and BFB so special is not only that they are great regulars with great contributions (Seriously, if you don't think MYL is a good contributor even without voice, I don't want that person to have a voice on anything staff related ever. Never. Well okay, unless you were just joking or something. Though voice is awe- I'm just rambling now aren't I?) but have you ever considered that they are also great users at those other forums and are good at finding common ground? They don't have to be super great; Just some initiative and some understanding of both sites and so forth.

This rank isn't just about "Who works well within the community" Furthermore, this goes to anyone, anyone who WANTS to contribute in seeing those other two communities should just step up and ask use whether it be Private Message or IRC or something. Mainly BFB and MYL. As I keep saying, people take to much of a lack of initiative sometimes. What is the worst case scenario? They'll say no? If they do, contact an administrator. Silver's pretty nice and understanding as a head admin.

Now this doesn't mean that you have to have a super drive towards helping but why not just ask even about the sites to say, BFB, Mace/Mack/Shakespeare/Not your mom/Etc, MYL or so on? What's the worst they're going to possibly do. Sometimes it's more looking at it from a perspective of "What's the worst case scenario and the best case scenario" Than "This may plummit" When we take a look at it...

Worst case scenario: BFB and MYL get absolutely/almost nothing done and nobody else feels like contributing. This ends up with the rank's retirement and that's that.

When you put it down to it's simplest forum it isn't so bad. On the other hand in it's strongest forum it can mean a lot for this community. Affiliation has always been pretty mediocre on all 3 sites.

edit: and this goes to everyone. I'm only a staff member so far on one site yet I'm still giving in a good fair share of what I can do. It's for sure not hurting at all - See how well worst case and best case scenario's work there?

Macawmoses

I'll respond to each part numerically:

1. uh, what. You misunderstood. I know my post was spoiler free...I do have the basic ability of viewing what I wrote. What I did say is that by posting anything, in a spoiler or not, it is up for debate, criticism, etc. So don't play games.

2. It's a staff/special rank hybrid. They don't have staff board access. They have perks in the arcade. Why when users leave? Uh, did you read what their positions were - the bottom line is that they will be on the front lines of getting users. It doesn't get any more logical.

3.  True, they didn't. But this is two users - not nine. Much more manageable. And I don't even get what the rest of the sentence meant - I didn't give anyone SIT. And at the time, the number was manageable. All of its users were well known at the time. As for BFB and MYL, well, that's hardly the case either.

4. I said nothing about personalities in my post - perhaps you should re-read it. But they do have an effect. For instance, you'd probably have an emotional breakdown if someone critiqued your presence on the staff, simply based on your posts above. And why should you vote on who represents us at Hadaway or Ichimonai? In the case of both sites, the staff at least have accounts there, where as the users don't necessarily. It shouldn't be a nominated position - we picked the best choices out of our pool of candidates for future positions.  As for being good/bad, quite simply, we know our users well enough to know who can rep us where. BFB is a natural choice for where he has been dispatched, and has already effectively served in the position.  MYL isn't quite so obvious off the bat, but his welcoming of users for as long as he has, popularity, and demeanor make him an excellent choice for most anywhere (as well as his knowledge of the community.)

5. Yes, we can. Allow me to show you how:

Kayo

Quote from: Shakespeare on April 13, 2010, 04:17:28 PM
5. Yes, we can. Allow me to show you how:

How come when you saw all that poop going on you didn't do anything? reporting would have no greater effect.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

If you're referring to the poop in the chat thread, I'll explain a foreign concept to you.

Work.

Lotos

Quote from: Shakespeare on April 13, 2010, 03:23:16 PM
One final note - the whining part was aimed at two users in particular. You're one of them.

Am I the other?

Mystic