News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Administrators Address

Started by Macawmoses, April 12, 2010, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Quote from: Kianglo on April 14, 2010, 03:12:50 AM
Oh shut up. You know it's impossible to ignore someone when they'll go as far as using proxies, or querying you on IRC using multiple different hosts, etc.

Also, I do believe that talking directly to a mod or admin has a greater impact than sending a report, but I fail to believe that the mods here would ever listen to them. It's just the impression I get from them. If they want to say that they'll listen to reports, then by all means I'll use that method. But I'll have you know I reported a post here in the past and no action was taken.
I easily could, it's not that hard, you know that X on the top right corner? You know what it does? Well I don't use it for those situations, but if that guy bothers you, you might wanna see what clicking it does.

Woooooooooooow, so one opinion of yours was ignored through that system, and that made you think no one will listen? Just because you think something is wrong, doesn't mean the mods will, just because your feelings are hurt, doesn't mean there's something wrong with the post, like in Mack's now old thread (which is gone and I don't remember exactly what it said), suck it up. Report stuff when it feels necessary and if nothing happens, suck it up, it means you're likely overreacting.

Just in case you didn't know, when I say mods, I mean both mods and admins.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Lotos

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 13, 2010, 07:04:07 PM
Hi.

But the last two Board of the Month boards were my ideas.  I feel as if I complained a little too much when we had the 1999 board (which was an awesome concept).  I feel really bad about it, expecially if it was Mack's idea.

You guys should bring back the staff page so we can know who's on staff and what they are (in one consolidated place anyway)

action=staff R.I.P.
...̅̅̅

Magnum

I think people need to stop whining when the staff is doing all they can to make this site a more enjoyable and pleasurable experience for anyone that comes here or joins. And maybe try to not have drama in every topic that comes up.

AH, BUT THAT'S JUST WISHFUL THINKING! Hell, I think I complain sometimes.
New conspiracy theory. More Admin/Mods = We get screwed over. Because without us, this place will run along fine.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

StarWindWizard7

Tell me, why do people take things online...... especially on a forum (or even chat) So Seriously? :|
If you let it affect your life, then you don't need internet in the 1st place.

[spoiler]in before somebody says, "the internet is serious business"[spoiler]

The Seventh

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on April 14, 2010, 01:32:45 PM
Tell me, why do people take things online...... especially on a forum (or even chat) So Seriously? :|
If you let it affect your life, then you don't need internet in the 1st place.

[spoiler]in before somebody says, "the internet is serious business"[spoiler]
Aw darn I wanted to say that.

Also, I think that these new ideas are pretty good, I hope everything turns out as planned... as for doodle, knowing he made all those alts...good lord.  What's the point of doing that?

Also, K, maybe you shouldn't be whining...perhaps these guys ACTUALLY know what they're doing?  Sometimes, just like in the military, a larger squad of several specialized people can be more effective than a small squad of a few people that do EVERYTHING.  In the larger squad, everyone can pitch in, but can primarily focus on a main task, allowing for greater effectiveness-more efficient, less wearing out of personnel.  In a smaller squad where everyone does everything, that can overwork a man, stress him out, and cause him to be ineffective.  See what I'm getting at here?
meh

Kayo

Quote from: Spencer on April 14, 2010, 01:50:38 PM
Also, K, maybe you shouldn't be whining...perhaps these guys ACTUALLY know what they're doing?  Sometimes, just like in the military, a larger squad of several specialized people can be more effective than a small squad of a few people that do EVERYTHING.  In the larger squad, everyone can pitch in, but can primarily focus on a main task, allowing for greater effectiveness-more efficient, less wearing out of personnel.  In a smaller squad where everyone does everything, that can overwork a man, stress him out, and cause him to be ineffective.  See what I'm getting at here?
One day if I can see that they actually know exactly what they're doing, I'll believe it. Perhaps I ACTUALLY know what I'm saying? I don't need people to tell me my opinion is invalid, when I do as a matter of fact know what I'm talking about.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Seventh

Quote from: Kianglo on April 14, 2010, 01:54:50 PM
One day if I can see that they actually know exactly what they're doing, I'll believe it. Perhaps I ACTUALLY know what I'm saying? I don't need people to tell me my opinion is invalid, when I do as a matter of fact know what I'm talking about.
If they've managed to keep a forum going for as long as they have despite setbacks that have occurred...then that's gotta say SOMETHING...
meh

Kayo

Quote from: Spencer on April 14, 2010, 01:59:41 PM
If they've managed to keep a forum going for as long as they have despite setbacks that have occurred...then that's gotta say SOMETHING...
I'm not going to back them up on ANYTHING, since no one ever believes a word I say anyway. Also, how can we be positive that they've been doing quite as much as they say they have? I mean, I've never seen a single other forum break as much as this one has. If it's the server causing it, get a new server, or whatever. Not really sure how that works.

But yeah, "Guys, the forum seriously broke and we're trying to fix it" *forum isn't broken - they put it in maintenance mode* "What broke?" "Uh, everything. And watch, we're working our asses off trying to fix it." *is changing rank colors*

That may or may not be the case, since all forums, all websites for that matter, have their problems. They just can't possibly be as bad as they appear. It's possible that there's some exaggeration going on. Either that, or someone out there seriously hates this place and will stop at nothing to cause it problems, however they do that.

Staff, if I'm wrong, tell me. But back it up. I'm just not understanding this.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kianglo on April 14, 2010, 02:06:22 PM
Staff, if I'm wrong, tell me. But back it up. I'm just not understanding this.
You're wrong. When something breaks here, we work as fast as we can to fix it. Those times when we have extended downtime? We're doing more than just "changing rank colors", as you said. Most of that stuff is done on the fly, without any actual downtime. Major fixes require the forum to be in maintenance mode, but nothing else. We do more than people think.

Kayo

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on April 14, 2010, 02:14:41 PM
You're wrong. When something breaks here, we work as fast as we can to fix it. Those times when we have extended downtime? We're doing more than just "changing rank colors", as you said. Most of that stuff is done on the fly, without any actual downtime. Major fixes require the forum to be in maintenance mode, but nothing else. We do more than people think.
And what could possibly be broken that you didn't break yourself?
[move][/move]

BOREDFOREVER

Well.

K, I can only speak for myself, but I've been a member of Hadaway, the site I'll be tending the relationship with, for a while.  I've been an active member over there (save a sabbatical) since Nsider was open and they called it the Nsider Crusaders.  As a regular user over there and over here up until the launch of this program, it means I'm better positioned to look at user's needs and transition issues.  I hope that gives you a little more insight into why the choice was made.

As for my part, I'm hoping when can increase the shared userbase we already have between the two sites.  I'll be doing that with increased activity on both forums and some PM contact with transitional users.  I'll be keeping both sites abreast of special activities happening on either site to increase activity as well as member numbers.  Special events like sleepovers are great times to introduce new users to this site because the member activity is usually higher than at other times.

If anyone feels left out while I'm working with Hadaway, PM me.  I'll be more than happy to not only take your ideas and suggestions, but to include you in their execution if you'ld like.

The purpose of the position is to improve user relations between the two sites, not to anger NSFCD members.  I'm a pretty straightfoward guy, so if you have some criticism of some action I take feel free to call me on it and I'll explain myself.  What I will ask, however, is that you give the program itself a chance.  It's not going to make NSFCD start poopting out diamonds or quadruple our size in three days, but it should help us grow.

StarWindWizard7

Can we talk about something else and complete this Whining.
Seriously, I'm beginning to get fed up here.
BFB <3

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kianglo on April 14, 2010, 02:19:36 PM
Many things. I'm not the incompetent admin that I used to be 2 years ago.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Kianglo on April 14, 2010, 02:19:36 PM
Our forum has been raped by so many external forces that it isn't funny. Old mods that are now incompatible ravaged our files, for instance. A lot can, and has, gone wrong.