News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on April 01, 2011, 07:01:22 PM
Yes, the online is the only thing I can't get working. It's probably my router though
I think it may actually be the DS.
I've experienced the same issue in the past except it would never connect to any router at all.

Try using a different connection next time you go to a different location. That way you can confirm if it is indeed your own router.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

I'm gonna wait for the 3DS Lite or 3DSi, though I doubt it will be called of those, I basically mean the upgraded version of the 3DS that end up having more battery life.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 02, 2011, 12:17:20 AM
I'm gonna wait for the 3DS Lite or 3DSi, though I doubt it will be called of those, I basically mean the upgraded version of the 3DS that end up having more battery life.
That's what I said before the maintenance occured.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 02, 2011, 02:03:00 AM
That's what I said before the maintenance occured.
Though I didn't say it before, I always was going to. And not because of the battery life but because I want the better version.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 01, 2011, 11:49:05 PM
I think it may actually be the DS.
I've experienced the same issue in the past except it would never connect to any router at all.

Try using a different connection next time you go to a different location. That way you can confirm if it is indeed your own router.

Depends on the connection. Sometimes my DS can connect, sometimes it can't. So I just assume it's the same for the 3DS

DededeCloneChris

Forget about Super Mario 64DS. Mario Kart DS is where the slide pad is...

*Teary* The slide pad is...so good...

Mutilator7

The AR cards are so cool. You can download the cards and print them off if you lose them, it would be awesome if they added more character cards to print off the same way. The fishing game is weird for me, but the others are super cool to play.

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 02, 2011, 03:23:49 AM
Though I didn't say it before, I always was going to. And not because of the battery life but because I want the better version.
Big companies will always have an improvement of a product that sells well.

Quote from: Nayrman on April 02, 2011, 05:57:01 AM
Depends on the connection. Sometimes my DS can connect, sometimes it can't. So I just assume it's the same for the 3DS
Well I hope you manage to get it resolved.

Neerb

I got one!! Yip!!

Alas, I have no games for it (I could get ONE for free, but I'm deciding to save that for June's Ocarina of Time release rather than just get Street Fighter or Ridge Racer), and while Kingdom Hearts works well and I'm going to try Kirby next, I'm not getting a TON of slide pad use since most of my games are 4-directional movement or touch-screen based (Pokemon, Star Fox, Zelda, etc.). However, now I at least have one for future events, and besides, AR Cards and Face Raiders are both pretty fun.

Anyway, everything seems to work fine, and I can tolerate the tiny DS screen... but GEEZ is that battery weak.

DededeCloneChris

Well, the only way to keep that battery up and kicking would be playing with the charger connected.

Neerb

do-do-do, gee, this charging process sure is taking a long time. I wonder how long it will take...
*looks in manual*
:|
THREE AND ONE-HALF HOURS?!?!?!?!
The charging time is as long as the battery life?!

By the way, I have a question; what's the max anyone here has gotten on battery time? Like, if you're in Power Save mode (the mode where it's darker, not where it's closed) and have the backlight on 1 and have the 3D turned off, how long will it last?

DededeCloneChris

Apparently, the awesomeness of playing 3D games needs a limit or else more of it will make your mind implode.

FruitFlow

LOL. Am I the only person here that holds onto to the old systems to avoid getting stuck with cons?

Neerb

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 03, 2011, 02:57:34 PM
LOL. Am I the only person here that holds onto to the old systems to avoid getting stuck with cons?

Trading in my Lite was the only way to afford the 3DS in the first place.  :P

And in that case, I'd say the pros outweigh the cons; battery life can be worked around (and third parties are already working on ways to extend it), I don't mind the altered look of DS games, and I take good enough care of my electronic stuff to keep the loose hinge from becoming a serious problem. In exchange for tolerating that stuff, I will soon have access to web browsing, a new Virtual Console, and the next 5 years of 3D gaming awesomeness.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Neerb on April 03, 2011, 03:25:51 PM
Trading in my Lite was the only way to afford the 3DS in the first place.  :P
Was GS still holding the discount deals for trading in a Lite, I or IXL?
Or did that end after the 3DS release?