News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

I feel like the only person who had 1/4 second lag on the few online matches I've done in SSFIV.

FruitFlow

My friend was playing Star Fox Command on his 3DS and it looked okay on the screen.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

DededeCloneChris

Games that rely heavily on pixels will suffer a lot of quality loss. Games that do NOT, however...are given more replay value.

Neerb

Quote from: SkyMyl on April 06, 2011, 07:55:22 PM
I feel like the only person who had 1/4 second lag on the few online matches I've done in SSFIV.

Well, I did say "almost" no issues. I did have a couple matches where the frame rate would slow for a half second then go back to relatively normal speed. But still, it was completely playable and usually lagless, unlike, for example, Brawl, and it's one of the better Nintendo games I've played online.

Super

I really like the music player aspect of the 3DS. It's so darn fancy. Simple, but fancy.

Cornwad

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 06, 2011, 09:12:51 PM
Games that rely heavily on pixels will suffer a lot of quality loss. Games that do NOT, however...are given more replay value.
Even if you set the resolution to the way it naturally is?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Cornwad on April 07, 2011, 12:10:28 PM
Even if you set the resolution to the way it naturally is?
Um...

You won't noticed so much of a difference with non-heavy pixel games when the screen is stretched out. That is totally not a bad hidrance at all.

Pixel games while stretched out, however, look horrible.

Cornwad

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 07, 2011, 12:13:43 PM
Um...

You won't noticed so much of a difference with non-heavy pixel games when the screen is stretched out. That is totally not a bad hidrance at all.

Pixel games while stretched out, however, look horrible.
So then you should set it so that the screen isn't stretched out. Or is that not what start + select thing does? I've only played Spirit Tracks, so I guess I wouldn't have noticed either way.

DededeCloneChris

Even though you do have the option to compress the screens, it will look all weird. There are huge black bars, and that can also mess up games that rely too much on the touch screen.

Kayo

Seriously guys

Just hang on to your old DS/lite/DSi

Pokemon Black is so glorious on the DSi.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

I tried playing the Pokemon on my friend's 3DS, and it was ugly as heck.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 07, 2011, 12:20:19 PM
Even though you do have the option to compress the screens, it will look all weird. There are huge black bars, and that can also mess up games that rely too much on the touch screen.

I didn't notice that when I was playing Star Fox...

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on April 07, 2011, 02:35:58 PM
I didn't notice that when I was playing Star Fox...
Pressed START and SELECT right after booting the game?

Neerb

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 07, 2011, 02:42:04 PM
Pressed START and SELECT right after booting the game?

Yep, I played in small mode, and everything seemed fine (I also liked the look better; even if large screen isn't awful, it's still annoyingly blurry to me).

Cornwad

I was playing Chrono Trigger and Castlevania in blurry mode earlier, and I don't see what all the fuss is about. They look fine if not better.