News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Quote from: Neerb on April 07, 2011, 02:35:58 PM
I didn't notice that when I was playing Star Fox...
Same as my friend.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Tupin

Has there been a game release since launch? I think Raving Rabbids 3D comes out on the 10th, but it doesn't look too good. After that, it's a PS2-era port from Ubisoft. (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell)

Then nothing until May, where Dream Trigger and Dead or Alive come out, along with a Spongebob and Pirates of the Caribbean game. Another Balloon Pop, too. That's it.

I might have to get that Shadow Wars game.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Super

You should try Ridge Racer 3D if you haven't. It's pretty darn intercourse ing good.

Honestly, I think the 3DS launch games are great. Not the best games ever, but still great.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Tupin on April 08, 2011, 05:30:40 PM
Has there been a game release since launch? I think Raving Rabbids 3D comes out on the 10th, but it doesn't look too good. After that, it's a PS2-era port from Ubisoft. (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell)

Then nothing until May, where Dream Trigger and Dead or Alive come out, along with a Spongebob and Pirates of the Caribbean game. Another Balloon Pop, too. That's it.

I might have to get that Shadow Wars game.
I thought it was June.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is a pretty awesome launch title imo, and I've heard decent things about Ridge Racer and that Ghost Recon game.

All in all, I'd say it was a decent release; people just weren't as excited because there wasn't a massively anticipated new game. After all, the last time a new Nintendo console came out was the Wii, and it had the super highly hyped-up years-in-the-making Twilight Princess.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Neerb on April 08, 2011, 06:12:56 PMAfter all, the last time a new Nintendo console came out was the Wii, and it had the super highly hyped-up years-in-the-making Twilight Princess.
Which was originally planned to have been a GC exclusive no thanks to the constant delaying.

Neerb

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 09, 2011, 01:41:27 AM
Which was originally planned to have been a GC exclusive no thanks to the constant delaying.

Just throwing this out there: I have it for the Wii, but I still consider it to be an official Gamecube game. The Wii version is just a port.

Also, being a Zelda theorist, I consider the Wii version to be non-canon while the Gamecube version is canon, as the Gamecube version (which is how it was supposed to be) has a properly left-handed Link (Skyward Sword, a Wii exclusive, will be the first and only canon right-handed Link), and the GC version has a Hyrule which matches fairly well with Ocarina of Time's (not that geography should ever be the most important evidence in Zelda theorizing) while the flipped Wii version makes absolutely no sense geographically.

Both version are still fun, though, and I only got the Wii version because it came out first as part of the marketing scheme to sell more Wiis and extra copies of the game.

/tl;dr post

Tupin

Got Super Street Fighter IV 3D today, it's pretty fun.

I also downloaded some 3D pictures of Windwaker. Is the 3DS actually powerful enough to run a GCN game? That would be awesome...

DededeCloneChris

See the comparisons between MGS3 and MGS3: The Naked Sample.

The 3DS is better than the PS2, it seems.

Tupin

The GCN was more powerful than the PS2.

DededeCloneChris

It was? Wow, I didn't notice.

Well, in that case, the 3DS seems to be equal to the Wii and Xbox.

Keyword: Seems.

Neerb

Quote from: Tupin on April 09, 2011, 08:53:13 PM
The GCN was more powerful than the PS2.

Kinda...

PS2 discs and Xbox discs could hold far more information than a Gamecube disc, plus those consoles could play movies and music and do more things online, so by all reasoning PS2 and Xbox SHOULD have been more powerful.

And yet, Gamecube games always looked the best and ran the smoothest. And it's so small and cubed... and the tiny discs... and the most comfortable controller ever... and the colors... and the HANDLE ON THE CONSOLE... geez, that console was so freaking awesome.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on April 09, 2011, 09:05:00 PM
Kinda...

PS2 discs and Xbox discs could hold far more information than a Gamecube disc, plus those consoles could play movies and music and do more things online, so by all reasoning PS2 and Xbox SHOULD have been more powerful.

And yet, Gamecube games always looked the best and ran the smoothest. And it's so small and cubed... and the tiny discs... and the most comfortable controller ever... and the colors... and the HANDLE ON THE CONSOLE... geez, that console was so freaking awesome.
Don't forget the amazing logo intro.

Tupin

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 09, 2011, 09:07:35 PM
Don't forget the amazing logo intro.
Which was the intro for another amazing system slowed down.

The GCN was in the middle of the three in terms of power. It was just hard to develop for and no one other than Japanese companies really were interested in it. The Xbox was more powerful, it just never had time to be used much because it was killed so quickly.

I can't wait until 3DSWare and the browser becomes available. Not until next month, though.

Custom

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 09, 2011, 08:37:55 PM
See the comparisons between MGS3 and MGS3: The Naked Sample.

The 3DS is better than the PS2, it seems.

peace walker = psp

after playing street fighter i wasn't too impressed. I wouldn't say it's as powerful as a gamecube or original xbox.
i could see it running some sweet n64 games though

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!