News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

If GameFreak goes full-software-capability and makes a spriteless, polygonal game, I will go for that and never look back.

If they make a slightly-visually-upgraded B/W and throw it on 3DS just for the 3D gimmick and a larger price tag, I'm passing.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on October 04, 2011, 06:41:30 PM
It's a shame that B/W actually look worse on the 3DS, though.
That's what happens when you rely too much on pixels, which makes the sprites look ugly. I've been playing Solatorobo on my 3DS and it doesn't even look crappy.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on October 04, 2011, 06:45:12 PM
If GameFreak goes full-software-capability and makes a spriteless, polygonal game, I will go for that and never look back.

If they make a slightly-visually-upgraded B/W and throw it on 3DS just for the 3D gimmick and a larger price tag, I'm passing.
They won't. Go compare Ruby/Sapphire to Emerald and Diamond/Pearl to Platinum and you'll see--

Oh wait, aren't you the idiot who only buys one game per gen?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on October 04, 2011, 06:54:27 PM
They won't. Go compare Ruby/Sapphire to Emerald and Diamond/Pearl to Platinum and you'll see--

That's not exactly a good graphical comparison; each of those gens was contained on a single console and could only look so much better in the sequel. B/W-to-Gray is different since the DS isn't nearly the same strength as the 3DS. If it still looks more or less the same, that would be lazy on GameFreak's part.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on October 04, 2011, 07:00:26 PM
That's not exactly a good graphical comparison; each of those gens was contained on a single console and could only look so much better in the sequel. B/W-to-Gray is different since the DS isn't nearly the same strength as the 3DS. If it still looks more or less the same, that would be lazy on GameFreak's part.
Are you going to buy (or not buy) "Gray" based on the graphics? Yes, that's your only reasoning.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on October 04, 2011, 06:54:27 PM

there are a lot of things wrong with this
first of all, although d/p and r/s to their respective third gen titles only changes gameplay slightly and doesn't alter graphics, they cannot port black/white to the 3ds in its current form. It looks like poop on that thing. it would be smart for them to upgrade as they can also use that system for the r/s remakes. the 3d pokedex kind of makes me feel like they're ready to step things up. they can't rely on pixels forever. when I take my DS to school and play black and white, the casual kids around me always go "man those graphics are so bad"

second of all, if he is buying the third release of each game per gen, he can call you an idiot all he wants and you can't say poop. he's saving money and getting both of the original gen games and more. you're just being an poop hole for saying someone is an idiot for buying one game each gen, and that's coming from me. Not everyone wants to throw $90 to get 2 new pokemon in each title and have everything stay the same.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on October 04, 2011, 07:17:59 PM
Are you going to buy (or not buy) "Gray" based on the graphics? Yes, that's your only reasoning.

No, he isn't going to buy Gray because it's the same poop he's already played and if the graphics aren't improving he's buying a game that looks like poop on the console he owns.
Jesus christ, sorry we don't jerk off the pokemon like you do and actually have to think about how we're spending our money

i'm completely on neerb's side here. If Gray makes major improvements, I'll buy it
if it doesn't, intercourse  that poop I'm going to spend my money on something like Super Mairo 3D land

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on October 04, 2011, 07:21:27 PM
there are a lot of things wrong with this
first of all, although d/p and r/s to their respective third gen titles only changes gameplay slightly and doesn't alter graphics, they cannot port black/white to the 3ds in its current form. It looks like poop on that thing. it would be smart for them to upgrade as they can also use that system for the r/s remakes. the 3d pokedex kind of makes me feel like they're ready to step things up. they can't rely on pixels forever. when I take my DS to school and play black and white, the casual kids around me always go "man those graphics are so bad"
Never said they did, but actually, Emerald had improved graphics over R/S. I thought we was referring to Gray as a "B/W upgrade" since this is the guy who hates Crystal, etc.

Quotesecond of all, if he is buying the third release of each game per gen, he can call you an idiot all he wants and you can't say poop. he's saving money and getting both of the original gen games and more. you're just being an poop hole for saying someone is an idiot for buying one game each gen, and that's coming from me. Not everyone wants to throw $90 to get 2 new pokemon in each title and have everything stay the same.
Where did $90 come from? Try around a third that, and remember Neerb refuses to buy HGSS. Because he spent his "one game for the 4th gen" on Pearl. Now this seems normal to you?
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on October 04, 2011, 07:43:07 PM
Never said they did, but actually, Emerald had improved graphics over R/S. I thought we was referring to Gray as a "B/W upgrade" since this is the guy who hates Crystal, etc.

Where did $90 come from? Try around a third that, and remember Neerb refuses to buy HGSS. Because he spent his "one game for the 4th gen" on Pearl. Now this seems normal to you?

I can't "hate" what I've never actually played, and if it's "not normal" to buy one Pokemon game and not need another for a few years, maybe you just like the series more than I do.

Zero

Alright I really need to interject here:

Pokemon sells hardware and Nintendo knows this by now. Everyone was surprised B/W was for the DS, but it made sense considering well, B/W were in development since just after D/P and it'd sell like crack regardless if it was on the 3DS or not. It's not as easy as one might think to shift development on a DS game to completely new hardware to boot. Again, makes sense.

Making a 3DS exclusive Pokemon game will sell 3DS's. Honestly I'm not sure why Nintendo hasn't played that greedy card yet. Odds are they're whipping away at Game Freak's backs to pump one out.

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on October 04, 2011, 07:43:07 PM

yes, i can see his point. he's already played gold and silver and he didn't want to pay for the new versions. i can see his point, not everyone can be a complete mindless faggot for pokemon and be fine with buying things they already have. especially when you don't have much cash, you realize how much you don't need these games.

also
it's $35 per ds game kid
$35 for white, $35 for black, for grey maybe $35. I know most DS games are $35 now and I don't know what they'll slap on Grey, it'll be $40 if it's on 3DS for sure.
you probably wouldn't know that because your mom buys these things for you

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on October 04, 2011, 09:46:15 PM
yes, i can see his point. he's already played gold and silver and he didn't want to pay for the new versions. i can see his point, not everyone can be a complete mindless faggot for pokemon and be fine with buying things they already have. especially when you don't have much cash, you realize how much you don't need these games.

also
it's $35 per ds game kid
$35 for white, $35 for black, for grey maybe $35. I know most DS games are $35 now and I don't know what they'll slap on Grey, it'll be $40 if it's on 3DS for sure.
you probably wouldn't know that because your mom buys these things for you
lol, my parents never buy me anything. but actually if your $90 meant $90 for an entire generation, I understand it. but you can't deny that HG/SS were good. You can't deny it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on October 04, 2011, 11:14:58 PM
lol, my parents never buy me anything. but actually if your $90 meant $90 for an entire generation, I understand it. but you can't deny that HG/SS were good. You can't deny it.

they were what i expected
remakes of gold and silver
they didn't exceed my expectations, i consider them average
i don't fall into the ploy of jesus christ this is amazing it's the same thing i played last year but a little different.
i just enjoy pokemon because it is good at time consumption and is an incredibly simple rpg, even with EVs and IVs

Zero

Pretty much what Custom said.

It was a game a lot of people bought because well, who the intercourse  didn't? I knew people that skipped RSE and DPPt but picked up HGSS because of nostalgia.

JrDude

Gray will be on the Original GameBoy. It makes sense, it's gonna be a Combination of Black & White, which is the colors GB uses.
GB Gray. Logic used. If you disagree you're obviously retarded.
[move][/move]
Dude .