News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Unfortunately, you can only play the demo a limited number of times. That's what they did in Japan, the Monster Hunter 3G demo was limited to thirty plays.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tupin on January 18, 2012, 05:40:17 PM
Unfortunately, you can only play the demo a limited number of times. That's what they did in Japan, the Monster Hunter 3G demo was limited to thirty plays.
Pfft, as if anybody played the demos more than two times. If you played it so many times, that means you're so buying it.

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on January 18, 2012, 08:26:18 AM
haha
I remember this, too

Also I need to buy more screen protectors. I put them on wrong and they end up with weird circles
I've kind of given up on screen protectors. Haven't really seen a need from them because, as my handheld is always folded shut when not in use, I never get anything on the screen. My GBA SP's screen is still good as new, even.

...Of course, since there's that marks-on-the-top-screen issue, they seem more useful now. But I'm a picky intercourse er who likes the overall smoothness of the inside top half of the system, which would be disrupted slightly by screen protectors. Kind of a stupid thing to care about, but ehhh.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Not really into Resident Evil, but demos finally coming here will be nice.

I'm kinda on a Kid Icarus Uprising superhype; I've been wondering when the anime ova will come out, I've been wondering when we'll get the 3D Kid Icarus that Japan and Europe already have, and now that we have demos I'm wondering if/when Uprising will get one.

SPEAKING of ANIME, is anyone else's mind half-blown that the 3DS Video Channel now has an original, 3D episode of Kirby Right Back At Ya!? I always felt like Nintendo would hate the mere existence of that show, but apparently it was worth bringing back the english voice actors for a couple new CG videos. Gotta love that southern drawl Dedede...

DededeCloneChris

It's actually not surprising. Kirby is very influenced by ideas in the anime, and such we got Water Kirby in Return to Dream Land.

Doodle

Quote from: Pennington on January 18, 2012, 06:39:31 PM
I've kind of given up on screen protectors. Haven't really seen a need from them because, as my handheld is always folded shut when not in use, I never get anything on the screen. My GBA SP's screen is still good as new, even.

...Of course, since there's that marks-on-the-top-screen issue, they seem more useful now. But I'm a picky intercourse er who likes the overall smoothness of the inside top half of the system, which would be disrupted slightly by screen protectors. Kind of a stupid thing to care about, but ehhh.
On my DSi at least, I would get poop on the sides of the touch screen because it goes in a little bit. The top screen doesn't really have that problem, though.
YEAH

JrDude

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 18, 2012, 07:27:02 PM
It's actually not surprising. Kirby is very influenced by ideas in the anime, and such we got Water Kirby in Return to Dream Land.
Not sure if it's actually relevant, but a while ago, I read on a Kirby Wiki that Water Kirby was a design won in a contest, drawn by a fan or something and it became an official Kirby hat in the Anime.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Tupin

Revelations is good from what I've played, and I'll definitely pick it up. It really needs the Circle Pad Pro, playing without it isn't that great. Good thing is comes bundled with it.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on January 18, 2012, 08:36:21 PM
On my DSi at least, I would get poop on the sides of the touch screen because it goes in a little bit. The top screen doesn't really have that problem, though.
I don't think screen protectors would entirely prevent that, but then again I could probably just slide the corner of a piece of paper or something along the edge of the screen to clean out any dust that's there.

I also had a problem with stuff collecting in the space between the touch screen and the hinge. But the 3DS so far seems to not have that issue so much.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Tupin on January 19, 2012, 04:45:56 PM
Revelations is good from what I've played, and I'll definitely pick it up. It really needs the Circle Pad Pro, playing without it isn't that great. Good thing is comes bundled with it.

Really? I don't even play Resident Evil, and I thought the single circle control was decent enough. Also, this game sets new standards on 3DS graphics; it's like I'm not even playing a handheld anymore. That said, I'm not into the series that much, and I'm planning to grab Kid Icarus Uprising, so I won't be buying this.

Also, I thought it might be obnoxious only having 30 plays on a demo, but it's really worse in idea than in practice; I doubt I'll ever even play it 10 times (not that RE:R is a bad looking/feeling game). Also nice is that it's limited start-ups, not technically plays, so you can play it forever if you just don't exit it.

Hero_of_Darkness

New rumor concerning 3DS and possibly Wii U. Nintendo is allegedly preparing to launch a new online service named Nintendo Network. Could this be the step forward we've been waiting more than half a decade for?

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/01/20/nintendo-is-preparing-nintendo-network/

EDIT: Hold on. They used that name for their E3 coverage, so this is most likely fake. Still, I guess it's best to wait and see.

EDIT2: I should note that this game supports paid DLC, so that's a point in support of this rumor.

EDIT3: It's confirmed to just be the NWFC re-named. No new features, Nintendo is still 20 years behind the online curve. Yeah,n I got my hopes up a tiny bit in desperation, but I knew that there were just too many things that didn't make sense.

Hero_of_Darkness

DededeCloneChris

Hero_of_Darkness

Good news: New Super Mario Bros. 3DS is in development and will release before April of next year.

Bad news: Nintendo is in bad shape financially, and they're looking at new sources of income. As a result, expect paid DLC to come for this game.

There are also some tidbits about online that I'll post later. Long story short, Nintendo Network is real and a new online direction for Nintendo.

Doodle

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on January 26, 2012, 07:36:28 PM
Good news: New Super Mario Bros. 3DS is in development and will release before April of next year.

Bad news: Nintendo is in bad shape financially, and they're looking at new sources of income. As a result, expect paid DLC to come for this game.

There are also some tidbits about online that I'll post later. Long story short, Nintendo Network is real and a new online direction for Nintendo.
Where did you even find this
YEAH