<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Doodle on January 26, 2012, 07:43:38 PM
Where did you even find this

It was announced at the investor's meeting, which is going on now.

This thread on NeoGAF has the details. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460453

EDIT: It's over. Summary: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34603202&postcount=562

Nayrman

About intercourse ing time Nintendo got serious about online, although knowing them DLC is going to be a nightmare.

Aw, they're hurting financially? Maybe they shouldn't have skimped out on the hardware so they wouldn't have fallen so far behind, or make massive amounts of shovelware on the Wii. Yeah...

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2012, 08:09:47 PM
About intercourse ing time Nintendo got serious about online, although knowing them DLC is going to be a nightmare.

Aw, they're hurting financially? Maybe they shouldn't have skimped out on the hardware so they wouldn't have fallen so far behind, or make massive amounts of shovelware on the Wii. Yeah...
First of all, what shovelware has Nintendo made?

Second, how would spending more have made things better?

Third, the economy is what's hurting them, specifically the strong yen.

Finally, are you ever happy? O.o;

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on January 26, 2012, 08:14:58 PM
First of all, what shovelware has Nintendo made?

Second, how would spending more have made things better?

Third, the economy is what's hurting them, specifically the strong yen.

Finally, are you ever happy? O.o;

First, hey look, is that Mario Party 9 on the horizon I see along with all the Mii tech demos selling for full price?

Second, I'm saying they could've helped their system get more ports if they spent the money to give it some freaking horsepower and memory. It's hard to keep sales going if you don't get any of the biggest games any given year because your system can't handle it.

Third, everyone is hurting in the economy, not just Nintendo. So yeah.

And no, not when I've had a generation where I've gotten very little of what I actually like about gaming. <_<;;

Hero_of_Darkness

Your definition of shovelware is not the same as the actual definition, so I'll leave that point alone.

While you have a point, if they had just made another powerhouse instead of the Wii, it would have sold A LOT less (probably around 15 million based on GCN sales) and they would have had to take losses for the first year or so. When your old strategy isn't working, you change it. That's how business should work. They seem to have learned that mistake with Wii U, but Wii U is coming 1-2 years later than it should have.

Not everyone. Apple, Microsoft, and Samsung, for example, are doing fine. Sony and Nintendo, however... not so much.

Also, Fire Emblem will get DLC as previously rumored. http://www.1up.com/news/fire-emblem-3ds-premium-dlc

I trust that Nintendo will still sell complete games and that we won't get this on card/disc "DLC" bullpoop.

Nayrman

I'm not saying the Wii needed to be a powerhouse, just needed to be powerful enough to where it wasn't "last gen" at launch. You need SOME horsepower to keep up when you're essentially in a tech field. I hardly consider it a truly good business strategy when they were rather overselling the product anyway in terms of price. Is it good to make money on the hardware itself? Yeah, but when you're selling a product for more than what it's worth by quite a bit, just saying it can come back to bite ya.

And I just worry with Nintendo. Considering they've never done DLC before, are struggling financially, and know they have super popular franchises overall, I wouldn't put it past them to get all DLC happy and charge for every little thing in certain games. Just one of those, I can't really trust Nintendo with anything online until they prove it. *shrugs*

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2012, 08:41:30 PM
I'm not saying the Wii needed to be a powerhouse, just needed to be powerful enough to where it wasn't "last gen" at launch. You need SOME horsepower to keep up when you're essentially in a tech field. I hardly consider it a truly good business strategy when they were rather overselling the product anyway in terms of price. Is it good to make money on the hardware itself? Yeah, but when you're selling a product for more than what it's worth by quite a bit, just saying it can come back to bite ya.

And I just worry with Nintendo. Considering they've never done DLC before, are struggling financially, and know they have super popular franchises overall, I wouldn't put it past them to get all DLC happy and charge for every little thing in certain games. Just one of those, I can't really trust Nintendo with anything online until they prove it. *shrugs*

Well, what's done is done. They're probably upset that Wii didn't last as long as it could have and didn't beat PS2 like it really should have based on it's early years, but what's important it that they're learning and probably won't make that same mistake with Wii U. Besides that, the billions that they earned makes it really hard to say that they made the wrong choice. (Also, Wii may have been overpriced at launch from a tech standpoint, but from a business standpoint, it was underpriced. Normally, a product selling out like the Wii was in its first two years would have gotten a price hike. Business isn't about what you want; it's about what the market wants.)

Fair enough, Iwata's comments about DLC in the past, however, keep me hopeful. Even today, he was talking more about it extending the life of their games.

Tupin

I'll have to get one of those misspelled Revelations games, this kind of error usually doesn't happen often and it would be pretty cool to have one.

As for the first loss in thirty years, well, maybe Nintendo will start realizing that people do know what they want sometimes? The Nintendo Network was shown with Theatrhythm, it will be one of the first games to use it, I wonder how so...

Anyway, just downloaded Mutant Mudds. 3DSWare is awesome.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tupin on January 26, 2012, 09:53:38 PM
As for the first loss in thirty years, well, maybe Nintendo will start realizing that people do know what they want sometimes?

I'd blame the recession we're having for this kind of result. But regardless, their software has the best quality you could ever find. Like I said before, this loss isn't much of a deal.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Tupin on January 26, 2012, 09:53:38 PM
I'll have to get one of those misspelled Revelations games, this kind of error usually doesn't happen often and it would be pretty cool to have one.

As for the first loss in thirty years, well, maybe Nintendo will start realizing that people do know what they want sometimes? The Nintendo Network was shown with Theatrhythm, it will be one of the first games to use it, I wonder how so...

Anyway, just downloaded Mutant Mudds. 3DSWare is awesome.
Paid DLC.

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on January 26, 2012, 10:01:39 PM
I'd blame the recession we're having for this kind of result. But regardless, their software has the best quality you could ever find. Like I said before, this loss isn't much of a deal.

It's a huge deal, and Nintendo has to find a way to avoid things getting worse. If they don't, they'll be on a 10-year deathclock. Their stock price falling like a rock is also an issue.

I'm really not looking forward to clueless Apple fanboys thinking that Apple is killing Nintendo. -.-

Neerb

So let me get this straight: a company is so successful that it doesn't have a single year of loss in 30 years (which I believe is EVERY year they've made video games AND THEN SOME), and then when they have a SINGLE bad year amidst a recession and a couple bad PR decisions people think they're on the path to destruction?

Sorry, I don't see this happening; the 3DS had a rough start and the Wii U likely will too, but the 3DS has more recently grown in sales (it's beating the DS's original sales, and that thing prints money) and both it and the Wii U look very promising, especially now that Nintendo is finally realizing that customers want online gaming. I'd be more concerned with Sony's video game branch since they've been bottom of the barrel for almost the entire past generation and the Vita isn't exactly selling, but I don't actually see them shutting down either.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Delibird on January 27, 2012, 06:24:54 AM
So let me get this straight: a company is so successful that it doesn't have a single year of loss in 30 years (which I believe is EVERY year they've made video games AND THEN SOME), and then when they have a SINGLE bad year amidst a recession and a couple bad PR decisions people think they're on the path to destruction?

Sorry, I don't see this happening; the 3DS had a rough start and the Wii U likely will too, but the 3DS has more recently grown in sales (it's beating the DS's original sales, and that thing prints money) and both it and the Wii U look very promising, especially now that Nintendo is finally realizing that customers want online gaming. I'd be more concerned with Sony's video game branch since they've been bottom of the barrel for almost the entire past generation and the Vita isn't exactly selling, but I don't actually see them shutting down either.

That's how people are. At least you don't have to deal with Apple fanboys. They think Nintendo's on their way to ending up like Kodak. lol

Zero

Nintendo was still king of this generation.

They'll be fine.

Hero_of_Darkness

Resident Evil Revelaitons will launch for $40 instead of the previously announced $50.

[spoiler]I stole the image. :(
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=34623288#post34623288[/spoiler]