News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

Quote from: Tupin on January 26, 2012, 09:53:38 PM
I'll have to get one of those misspelled Revelations games, this kind of error usually doesn't happen often and it would be pretty cool to have one.
It does if you're Capcom
YEAH

Hero_of_Darkness

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Metal Gear Solid 3D demo comes out tomorrow. I played the original 3, but 3D is Subsistence-style, so it will be interesting to try it out.

Neerb

So, Metal Gear Solid 3D is awesome. The controls take a bit getting used to, but it ultimately feels more convenient than the PS2 controls (touch menu ftw), and it looks great too. Only complaint is unnecessary motion controls on bridge that are more difficult to use than they seem (also, standing on tree branches curiously reverts the graphics to 2D).

Also, Super Mario Bros. for Ambassadors has received an update. It now has a cooler picture on the menu, multiplayer (in its original form, though, so it's turn-based anyway), and RESTORE POINTS.

Hero_of_Darkness

Too bad the game runs like a PowerPoint presentation and the camera controls without CPP are abysmal.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 16, 2012, 05:49:02 PM
Too bad the game runs like a PowerPoint presentation and the camera controls without CPP are abysmal.

1. Only in the cutscenes, which I recall being not-to-fluid on PS2 (though I'm sure they are worse here); the gameplay seems fine framerate-wise.
2. Camera's not that bad, although I suppose I'm kinda used to it since that's how I played Metroid Prime Hunters, and it certainly will be better with a second circle pad.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on February 16, 2012, 07:10:07 PM
1. Only in the cutscenes, which I recall being not-to-fluid on PS2 (though I'm sure they are worse here); the gameplay seems fine framerate-wise.
2. Camera's not that bad, although I suppose I'm kinda used to it since that's how I played Metroid Prime Hunters, and it certainly will be better with a second circle pad.
20FPS isn't fine for me. I'm having trouble forcing myself to play Majora's Mask as that framerate, and I'm a Zelda fanatic.

Doodle

Quote from: Neerb on February 16, 2012, 07:10:07 PM
The cutscenes do run like poop, but I doubt the gameplay is more than 30 fps
I guess the controls aren't that bad. The touch screen is pretty convenient, too. At this rate, the HD Collection is probably a better choice, though.
YEAH

Zero

So none of you recommend it eh?

It's one of my favorite PS2 games. I'd love to have it on the go.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 20, 2012, 07:24:26 AM
So none of you recommend it eh?

It's one of my favorite PS2 games. I'd love to have it on the go.
Why not just download the demo?

Zero

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 20, 2012, 08:52:25 AM
I wasn't aware a demo was out for it.
Well now you know. :p You can only open it 30 times, like all other 3DS demos.

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 20, 2012, 08:54:04 AM
Well now you know. :p You can only open it 30 times, like all other 3DS demos.

Sweet. Should have read Neerb's earlier post. Serves me right for skimming through a thread.

Hero_of_Darkness

3DS's first year in Japan:

[spoiler][/spoiler]