Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 23, 2012, 12:16:04 PM
Who from Bamco? Pacman? lol

Why not? Pac-Man is a famous character, been on Nintendo a lot, has a lot of moves from the adventures games (which Tekken x Street Fighter is missing for some reason) so it could work just fine.

We could also settle on generic gundam since Bandai is part of that too. :P

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on February 23, 2012, 01:03:42 PM
Why not? Pac-Man is a famous character, been on Nintendo a lot, has a lot of moves from the adventures games (which Tekken x Street Fighter is missing for some reason) so it could work just fine.

We could also settle on generic gundam since Bandai is part of that too. :P
That's probably because nobody cares about those adventure games. :P

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 23, 2012, 04:14:35 PM
That's probably because nobody cares about those adventure games. :P

I thought they were pretty decent. And it's not like some characters don't have moves from less than stellar games...

Hero_of_Darkness

*opens SwapNote*

*sees Aonuma's message*

O_o Is he actually teasing?

Nayrman

What, the Zelda note?

It's not like they weren't gonna make anymore Zelda's. The question was when, not if. *shrugs*

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on February 25, 2012, 06:35:37 AM
What, the Zelda note?

It's not like they weren't gonna make anymore Zelda's. The question was when, not if. *shrugs*
You didn't notice the mysteriously capitalized "N"? He said "New Legend of Zelda". That's what I meant by teasing.

Nayrman

Yeah, and? My point is that here was always going to be a "new" zelda in the works. The question is when we'll hear about it, not if. So it's not surprising at all.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 25, 2012, 05:21:39 AM
*opens SwapNote*

*sees Aonuma's message*

O_o Is he actually teasing?
Why do I not get these notes

Also, we've known that we'd get an original LoZ on the 3DS sometime real soon.

Then in all hopes, Majora's Mask 3D in a year or two. Maybe three.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Mona

I don't get them either. What the heck? Do I need to keep my 3DS on 24/7 or is it a region thing?

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on February 25, 2012, 08:07:40 PM
Yeah, and? My point is that here was always going to be a "new" zelda in the works. The question is when we'll hear about it, not if. So it's not surprising at all.
I mean that he seems to be implying that it'll be called New Legend of Zelda and be a 2D game, like New Super Mario Bros. Also that it'll be announced at GDC. Why else would he randomly send that message now and capitalize "New" in the middle of a sentence?

Quote from: Mona on February 25, 2012, 10:49:41 PM
Do I need to keep my 3DS on 24/7
Pretty much. Also, did you set up SpotPass for SwapNote?

Neerb

What do you know, I just got it today. Nice background; can we use that in our notes?

And I wouldn't read too much into it except "we will get a new Zelda eventually."

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on February 26, 2012, 01:13:09 PM
What do you know, I just got it today. Nice background; can we use that in our notes?

And I wouldn't read too much into it except "we will get a new Zelda eventually."
You think the capital N was an error? I highly doubt it, especially with GDC less than two weeks away. That was definitely a hint. You'll see very soon.

Besides, Zelda games are announced like clockwork. We never go more than a few months without knowing what's coming next.

Mona

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 26, 2012, 09:08:04 AM
Pretty much. Also, did you set up SpotPass for SwapNote?

Yep. I've gotten other notes and whatnot just not the Zelda one. I suppose I can always check my little brother's SwapNote because he keeps his 3DS on all the time.