Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 05, 2012, 07:05:17 PM
*plays Find Mii*

*enters dark room*

*loses everyone (including two level 4s) due to there being no way to leave*

*hires wandering heroes and gets a white one on the second try*

:| ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

FIVE STREET PASS CHARACTERS, ONE OF WHICH IS LEVEL 7.
ALMOST TWENTY PURCHASED CHARACTERS.
GONE.

Dark Room is the worst thing in a Nintendo game in recent memory.

Hero_of_Darkness

It's poor and extremely cheap game design, imo.

Neerb

Is there any conceivable reason to use Black magic? Ever? Most of them have actual purposes in a fight, and White is basically a plot device thanks to the dark room, but what scenario would Black be useful in?

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on March 05, 2012, 08:34:27 PM
Is there any conceivable reason to use Black magic? Ever? Most of them have actual purposes in a fight, and White is basically a plot device thanks to the dark room, but what scenario would Black be useful in?
None, but there will probably be a super bright room at some point.

Hero_of_Darkness

I just met a StreetPass Mii with a white shirt. :|

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 06, 2012, 06:35:38 PM
I just met a StreetPass Mii with a white shirt. :|
Me too.

But too bad you can't recruit StreetPass Miis in the first game.

Neerb

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 06, 2012, 06:58:10 PM
Me too.

But too bad you can't recruit StreetPass Miis in the first game.

What? Do you mean the first time you play? Because I definitely used StreetPass Miis. What I still don't get is how SpotPassing Miis works...

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 03, 2012, 08:43:52 AM
Also, RS sucks. There should just be an Emerald remake so we're not stuck with the poopty version of the story.
RS didn't suck at all, you just hated them because they weren't RBYGSC.

Emerald's story may have been infinitely better, but at least RS had a better story than DP. And RB.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on March 06, 2012, 07:38:12 PM
What? Do you mean the first time you play? Because I definitely used StreetPass Miis. What I still don't get is how SpotPassing Miis works...
The first Find Mii game does not let you recruit previously met StreetPass Miis. That's the one I was talking about.

Neerb

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 06, 2012, 09:42:22 PM
The first Find Mii game does not let you recruit previously met StreetPass Miis. That's the one I was talking about.

Ah; I still haven't found all the hats to unlock Find Mii 2, so I didn't even know you could do that.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 06, 2012, 09:11:08 PM
RS didn't suck at all, you just hated them because they weren't RBYGSC.

Emerald's story may have been infinitely better, but at least RS had a better story than DP. And RB.
I agree that RS had a better story than RBY and GSC. That wasn't the biggest problem with them. They had poopty evil teams and horrible rivals. Emerald fixed the first part by having the conflict between them instead of having one "good" team and one "bad" team, plus it added more content that more than made up for the second part.

Other than the fact that Hoenn was actually affected by the awakening of the legendaries, the story in RS was worse than DP. DP had the better rival and the better villain by far. Granted, Cyrus and Barry weren't fully realized until Platinum, so I can see where you're coming from with your opinion as long as you're not insane enough to believe that RS had a better story than Platinum.

Tupin

I wonder if Theatrythm will be announced for a North American release anytime soon. I don't think Square-Enix has turned down a money making opportunity since the PS1...

Kid Icarus gets a game this month for the first time since 1991. I've seen some horrible looking character models, but hopefully it plays well.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Tupin on March 07, 2012, 09:08:20 PM
I wonder if Theatrythm will be announced for a North American release anytime soon. I don't think Square-Enix has turned down a money making opportunity since the PS1...

Kid Icarus gets a game this month for the first time since 1991. I've seen some horrible looking character models, but hopefully it plays well.
That game made so much bank in Japan that its localization is a given.

DededeCloneChris

Except they added FF Type-O music, which is the FF we never got.

Hero_of_Darkness

RE:R bombed in the US. Don't count on another Resident Evil for handhelds.