News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Update on the 25th adds folders and patches. Yes, Mario Kart is getting a patch.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 in August

Kirby 20th anniversary collection for Wii

Other stuff I missed due to falling asleep.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 20, 2012, 09:01:07 PM
Update on the 25th adds folders and patches. Yes, Mario Kart is getting a patch.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 in August

Kirby 20th anniversary collection for Wii

Other stuff I missed due to falling asleep.

Sounds awesome; I wonder what other stuff there was...

Also, what "folders?" And why does MK need a patch? And what's in the Kirby anniversary?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 20, 2012, 09:02:56 PM
Sounds awesome; I wonder what other stuff there was...

Also, what "folders?" And why does MK need a patch? And what's in the Kirby anniversary?
Basically, you can create folders to store apps. For example, make a folder for DSiWare games only or something.

MK patch? Good bye, Maka Wuhu glitches (assuming they're addressing those glitches)!

DededeCloneChris

On the Japanese front, we have...

1) Two Pokemon apps: the clamored National Pokedex 3D app and the AR Pokemon app that lets you transfer Pokemon you find in there to Black & White 2. Oh, you need to fork some bucks for those, though.

2) Animal Crossing is coming this Fall to Japan.

3) Alongside the Kirby Anniversary, Japan is getting 3D Classics: Kirby's Dream Land.

Neerb

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 20, 2012, 09:23:21 PM
On the Japanese front, we have...

1) Two Pokemon apps: the clamored National Pokedex 3D app and the AR Pokemon app that lets you transfer Pokemon you find in there to Black & White 2. Oh, you need to fork some bucks for those, though.

2) Animal Crossing is coming this Fall to Japan.

3) Alongside the Kirby Anniversary, Japan is getting 3D Classics: Kirby's Dream Land.

Heck yeah to the first part, but "what" to the second. "Lets you transfer Pokemon you find there to Black & White 2?" What, like you can just get instant Pokemon now?

Also, good and bad news. Good news is that Marth is playable in the DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

The bad news is the very end of the video... where it shows two dates... now, I can't read Japanese, but it seems to me that this is Day 2 DLC, meaning Nintendo's first ever venture into DLC will already be just like the various 3rd parties. Oh well, better than no DLC... maybe...

Hero_of_Darkness

Marth is "Day 2 DLC," but he's free for the first two months I believe. More of an early buyer bonus, really.

Nayrman

1. Marth looks cool. Hope they do the same early adopter free bonus thing for when they release it here. I was already going to get the game but still. It'd be nice.

2. Kirby collection. Woo. Wonder what games they'll have on it, but let's hope they don't pull a Mario anniversary and miss out on things that really SHOULD be there.

3. Pokemon apps. eh.

4. Oh look, ANOTHER shameless rehash of a Mario game. I am getting so SICK of these. Where is my F-Zero? Star Fox? (That isn't a remake) Or how about a new IP? Something? I am getting beyond tired of traveling down "memory lane" despite the fact that memory lane seems to be the only road in Mario's town nowadays. What's that? The Raccoon suit is back? Well la dee da you already played that nostalgia card just last year! Ugh. This is stupid.... really stupid. Don't care.... want something that's actually new..... Blech.

Zero

Didn't Nintendo recently say that a new F-Zero was being "considered"?

I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Nayrman

Quote from: Z on April 21, 2012, 08:03:05 AM
Didn't Nintendo recently say that a new F-Zero was being "considered"?

I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Miyamoto mentioned it in passing, but no confirmation either way. He basically said the WiiU seems like a decent time to do it, because the Wii's graphics and technology were admittedly kind of crap and they'd essentially just be making F-Zero GX 2 if they did another. Doesn't mean they ARE going to do an F-Zero for the WiiU, just that it's more likely compared to the no show on the Wii.

Zero

Hell, I'd buy it. Especially if the online was, you know, done right.

I've always favored F-Zero over Mario Kart.

Hero_of_Darkness

They released 2-3 new IPs on the eShop just in the past few months...

Also, you would think that they would save a big new IP for E3 anyway. Plus, 3DS is still selling badly outside of Japan, and the only handheld games that really sell in the west have either "Mario" or "Pokemon" in the title.

Nayrman

They made two new games all on their own? Wow, I'm amazed they'd put ANY resources into a DL game. Would've been nice to know about those. @_@;;

And I know from a business perspective why it's nothing but Mario and Pokemon. However, as a gamer I don't care. I'm tired of the same darn games over and over again and the news of yet another "New" Mario game bores me to tears.

Zero

I actually don't really mind new Mario games as long as they bring new things to the table.

NSMB2 however, doesn't seem to do anything of the sort, and I guess that's the point. It's a throwback game. I get it.

So I guess I'll be waiting for Mario Wii U.

Nayrman

Quote from: Z on April 21, 2012, 04:04:14 PM
I actually don't really mind new Mario games as long as they bring new things to the table.

NSMB2 however, doesn't seem to do anything of the sort, and I guess that's the point. It's a throwback game. I get it.

So I guess I'll be waiting for Mario Wii U.

I just don't get the point of a throwback game when over half of the Mario platformers since the DS launched have been nothing but throwbacks.

Mario 64 DS (Port), New Super Mario Bros. New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario 3D Land

compared to

Galaxy 1 and 2

This should, at best, be a once a console generation thing. Not a constant "get out of jail free" card on a yearly basis when Nintendo wants to ship more console units... *sighs*

Zero

New Super Mario Bros. sold like crack so I can't say I'm surprised.