News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: Z on April 21, 2012, 04:25:58 PM
New Super Mario Bros. sold like crack so I can't say I'm surprised.

Again, from a business standpoint, I get it completely. As a consumer standpoint who has been a longtime gamer, I'm frustrated as all get out because I know I've basically already played this game to death. Before it's even come out.

Tupin

Anything new on Luigi's Mansion 2 or the American release of Animal Crossing?

The Kirby re-release is going to be lazy unless it includes them all up to and including Air Ride. As for New Super Mario Bros. 2, I kind of wish it were a modern re-imagining of the American Super Mario Bros. 2, though I'll admit, I haven't really been captivated by recent non-Galaxy Mario games.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 20, 2012, 09:20:32 PM
Basically, you can create folders to store apps. For example, make a folder for DSiWare games only or something.

MK patch? Good bye, Maka Wuhu glitches (assuming they're addressing those glitches)!
From what I heard/thought of, you'll be forced to download the MK7 patch when you connect to Wi-Fi on that game, and it will fix any respawn glitches (the most notable of which is in Maka Wuhu)

Also, folders: yes.

National Pokedex 3D: Really? YES!
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Can someone explain to me?
Recently, in Mario Kart 7, I beat Special Cup in Mirror, and got the first place trophy, but didn't get a star. More recently, I tried again, bombed Rainbow Road and got 4th in the overall score, and got a star (thus getting my poopty golden wheels). Can someone explain how that worked..?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on April 22, 2012, 07:43:55 PM
From what I heard/thought of, you'll be forced to download the MK7 patch when you connect to Wi-Fi on that game, and it will fix any respawn glitches (the most notable of which is in Maka Wuhu)

Also, folders: yes.

National Pokedex 3D: Really? YES!

$15 :|

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 23, 2012, 04:07:31 AM
Think of it this way. The money will be used to create more games.

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 23, 2012, 04:07:31 AM

Even Kayo might think twice before buying if it actually costs that much.

Neerb

I just wish someone would make a Pokedex Android app. I mean, you'd think it would have been done a hundred times by now, but I can't find one anywhere on the store. A 3DS Pokedex app, while official and nice-looking, is not at all practical, especially given that you can't access it during a game.

zephilicious

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 23, 2012, 08:32:29 AM
I just wish someone would make a Pokedex Android app. I mean, you'd think it would have been done a hundred times by now, but I can't find one anywhere on the store. A 3DS Pokedex app, while official and nice-looking, is not at all practical, especially given that you can't access it during a game.
several exist, nintendo had them pulled from the market
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 22, 2012, 10:26:47 PM
Can someone explain to me?
Recently, in Mario Kart 7, I beat Special Cup in Mirror, and got the first place trophy, but didn't get a star. More recently, I tried again, bombed Rainbow Road and got 4th in the overall score, and got a star (thus getting my poopty golden wheels). Can someone explain how that worked..?
You sucked hard, even though you got first place. You drove off-road a lot, maybe to perform shortcuts. That still lowers your ranking.

More recently, you stayed on the road more. Not being in first all the time helped you avoid some enemy fire. Didn't help you do as great, you didn't get in first, but you executed expert driving skill. Maybe.

Quote from: Z on April 23, 2012, 07:43:21 AM
Even Kayo might think twice before buying if it actually costs that much.
Not more expensive than the big, clunky, Strategy guide/Pokedex books you can buy which you'd only really buy for the Pokedex.

Also, I don't think the price will be the same here. Things seem to be more expensive in Japan, even after doing currency conversions. Maybe around 1,000 3DS Points or whatever they're called.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on April 23, 2012, 12:13:25 PM
Maybe around 1,000 3DS Points or whatever they're called.
It's called dollars.

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 23, 2012, 12:24:30 PM
It's called dollars.
...You're right, the eShop gives them in dollar amounts now. Not like the Wii with its "Wii Points".
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Theatrhythm: 6,090 yen
KH3D: 6,090 yen
Code of Princess: 6,090 yen
Tales of the Abyss: 6,090 yen
RE: Revelations: 5,990 yen
Senran Kagura: 5,980 yen
Kid Icarus: 5,800 yen
Fire Emblem: 4,800 yen
Ocarina of Time: 4,800 yen

With crazy prices like these, I think it's safe to say the upgraded Pokedex won't be so costly.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 23, 2012, 07:48:16 PM

With crazy prices like these, I think it's safe to say the upgraded Pokedex won't be so costly.

Handheld games are more expensive at retail in Japan because handhelds dominate the market. However, eShop prices are different. They've all closely followed the (false) 100 yen = $1 rule as far as I know.

Kayo

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 23, 2012, 07:48:16 PM

This is pretty much the point I'm trying to make. 5,800 yen in today's rates is about $71. (Holy hell has that changed int he past two years). That's what they pay for KIU in Japan, compared to our $40. It's insane.

I just don't think they'll hold the Pokedex 3D at such a high price in the West.
[move][/move]