News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

FYI, the update came earlier than expected. You can start updating your 3DS now.

Hero_of_Darkness

In Japan, Fire Emblem: Awakening had the second biggest opening in the history of the series. Over 247k.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 26, 2012, 04:01:18 AM
In Japan, Fire Emblem: Awakening had the second biggest opening in the history of the series. Over 247k.

That's good to hear. Maybe give Nintendo some incentive to stop relying on Mario for every little thing when they need a decent sale.

Also, updated my 3DS. Folders are so darn convenient with all my ambassador games just floating around...

DededeCloneChris

For the "Nintendo 3DS," its hardware has been sold below cost because of its significant price cut in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. However, Nintendo expects to cease selling it below cost by the middle of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.

Don't know if this good or bad.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 26, 2012, 09:59:52 AM
For the "Nintendo 3DS," its hardware has been sold below cost because of its significant price cut in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. However, Nintendo expects to cease selling it below cost by the middle of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.

Don't know if this good or bad.

Good. It means that they'll stop losing money on each 3DS sold

Zero

He was more than likely wondering if this means we'd see a price increase.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Z on April 26, 2012, 04:27:23 PM
He was more than likely wondering if this means we'd see a price increase.
No, of course not. it's not even selling that well outside of Japan.

On another note, NSMB2 will be available both at retail and on the eShop. I think the retail version also gets you a digital copy, but I'm not sure.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 26, 2012, 06:40:34 PM

On another note, NSMB2 will be available both at retail and on the eShop. I think the retail version also gets you a digital copy, but I'm not sure.

Where did you read that? I still prefer physical copies, but we'll see if I even get this game... for a variety of reasons.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on April 26, 2012, 06:47:27 PM
Where did you read that? I still prefer physical copies, but we'll see if I even get this game... for a variety of reasons.

Nintendo's investor meeting.

... Also, Fire Emblem is staying in Japan. >___________________________________>

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 26, 2012, 06:58:32 PM
Nintendo's investor meeting.

... Also, Fire Emblem is staying in Japan. >___________________________________>

Great, another kick in the balls from Nintendo. I WOULD'VE gotten Fire Emblem day 1. I love the series and it's finally something different for the handheld that isn't Kid Icarus (which was great, I'm just saying ASIDE from that) and isn't more Mario bullpoop. Yet now we're getting more Mario, but no Fire Emblem.

Fuck Nintendo so hard right now... E3 better impress...

Nayrman

http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1223721p1.html

Wait, according to a few places (I'm just linking to this one), Nintendo registered a Fire Emblem domain name. Hopefully that means it IS coming over here. Please, give me something not Mario related to play for my 3DS this year. @_@;;

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on April 26, 2012, 07:08:47 PM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1223721p1.html

Wait, according to a few places (I'm just linking to this one), Nintendo registered a Fire Emblem domain name. Hopefully that means it IS coming over here. Please, give me something not Mario related to play for my 3DS this year. @_@;;

That doesn't mean anything, unfortunately.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 26, 2012, 07:18:29 PM
That doesn't mean anything, unfortunately.

I know, but at least it's something. Where did you hear they weren't? Did they specifically say "We're not going to bring it over"? I at least want to hold out hope Nintendo isn't that stupid and money grubbing.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on April 26, 2012, 07:19:57 PM
I know, but at least it's something. Where did you hear they weren't? Did they specifically say "We're not going to bring it over"? I at least want to hold out hope Nintendo isn't that stupid and money grubbing.

In addition, regarding “Fire Emblem Kakusei” (Japanese title), which was released last week in Japan, its initial sales figure reached the record-high in the series since the GameBoy Advance and we have received a lot of messages from the Club Nintendo members that they bought a game from the series after a long interval. Although we have not decided on a plan to release it overseas, we hope to further increase its sales.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120427/03.html

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 26, 2012, 06:40:34 PM
If not that, what DOES it mean?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]