So I was browsing Wikipedia...

Started by Totla, December 09, 2007, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totla

When I came across this on the RIAA article:
""The Recording Industry Association of America is a Bunch of Douchebags"
Which is very true.

Also:
"On December 21, 2006, the RIAA filed a lawsuit for Russian owned and operated website AllOfMP3.com in the amount of $1.65 trillion. This number was derived from multiplying 11 million songs with statutory damages of $150,000 per song. The RIAA could not obtain jurisdiction over this Russian website."
How the hell did they think an American organization could gain jurisdiction over a site in Russia?

"After learning that one alleged copyright infringer had died, the RIAA offered the deceased man's family a period of sixty days to grieve the man's death before they began to depose members of his family for the suit against his estate."
No comment. >_>

In most cases, people who download songs illegally wouldn't have gotten the song had they had to pay for it, so they really aren't losing much. >.>

Shujinco2

Jono2

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Totla

Quote from: Jono2 on December 09, 2007, 10:32:23 PM
you didn't know this already? :P
I knew that first one, but I didn't know the others. :P

Judas

Also, in every case, the RIAA are a bunch of motherintercourse ing cocks.

The mainstream artists make almost no money from CD sales anyway (they make it from shows and merchandise), and the indie artists in most cases would like the free promotion from torrents/p2p. It's as simple as that.

The RIAA is just another intercourse ed up product of awesome capitalism, where some greedy CEO pig (namely the CEO's of the major record labels) just has to have a little more money.
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Tupin

GOD DAMN :|

DO THEY REALLY NEED ALL THAT MONEY?

O wait, Capitalist organization, lol.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.